+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I'm still waiting for my GCMS notes and gave my biometrics last week on November 16. I got the following response on November 2nd via the webform:
  • The eligibility assessment is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
What does "currently valid" mean?
"Currently valid" is their lingo for "passed". Basically, everything is passed for you except for criminality.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys, after the GU I got a request for my husband's divorce certificate from his previous marriage. Is it normal to get document requested after Eligibility: recommended pass?

We didn't submit it because it was not on the checklist and we are legally married, it makes no sense in our heads why would they ask for that if we proved we are married and we got married in the same country as the previous marriage.

Also, the wording is confusing: " Divorce certificate: If previously married, please provide our office with a divorce certificate(s), application(s) for divorce and divorce order(s) from --- The divorce certificate must be legally issued by the country, territory, or region where the divorce took place." Will the divorce certificate be enough proof? @legalfalcon since the text mentions 3 different things.
It will depend on the situation. IF the divorce is not yet finalised, then you have to to provide an application filed for divorce. If there are multiple orders leading to a certificate then, you also have to provide them, and if you only have a certificate, or judgment, then that will have to be provided.

It will depend on your country where the divorce took place, whether it was annulment, separation, divorce etc.

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
I got it and my review of additional documents changed to NA, i submitted those back in beginning of August. (Additional family information form)
Thanks for responding. I was checking to see if more people got GUs which happens during glitch.

I got one yesterday. Just ensuring before feeling any ray of hope.

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
It will depend on the situation. IF the divorce is not yet finalised, then you have to to provide an application filed for divorce. If there are multiple orders leading to a certificate then, you also have to provide them, and if you only have a certificate, or judgment, then that will have to be provided.

It will depend on your country where the divorce took place, whether it was annulment, separation, divorce etc.
It is finalized, back in 2012. We are legally married in the same country, we got married in 2016 and came to Canada. Panama is issuing a divorce certificate I will have it on Monday.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It is finalized, back in 2012. We are legally married in the same country, we got married in 2016 and came to Canada. Panama is issuing a divorce certificate I will have it on Monday.

Just submit a divorce certificate.

ajayahuja

Jun 17, 2020
Hi Guys,
I got my webform response yesterday. Can Anyone help me understand how long it will take to get decision from here ?
AOR : 2nd June.
Bio done ; 4th Nov

The responsible office verified the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
AOR - June 20 2020
CEC Inland
BIL- September 25 2020
MEP- August 12 2020

call to agent on Oct 28th:
Eligibility: recommended passed
Security: not started