Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have applied under CEC Express Entry.

AOR: June 30, 2020.
Medical Passed: August 26, 2020.
Biometrics Completed on: October 20, 2020
Additional Document under Review: October 28, 2020

Background check: It was "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." Then changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Question: Any idea how long it will take to receive PPR and is it IP1 or IP2 ??

My work permit visa is about to expire, really appreciate your help with this!
I think you meant it went from
“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
To
"We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information."
Right?
If that’s the case the 2nd message is IP2.

manu5

Oct 29, 2020
I think you meant it went from
“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
To
"We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information."
Right?
If that’s the case the 2nd message is IP2.
Nope, it's opposite :-(

From: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.

To: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
They requested it on October 28, 2020 and I have uploaded it on same day.
yeah, I am also thinking to apply for BOWP, is there any condition to apply for it like minimum or maximum days before existing WP expire?
It has to be valid for less than 4 months. I would apply as soon as possible if your work permit has less than 4 months.
More info here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Nope, it's opposite :-(

From: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.

To: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Hmm I doubt it.. can others comment please? Isn’t that like going backwards..

annu81

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi All, I got a appointment call for me, on my wife's phone number but agent didn't gave appointment for her. She gave her Biometrics in February for work permit though. Is someone else also in same situation ?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi All, I got a appointment call for me, on my wife's phone number but agent didn't gave appointment for her. She gave her Biometrics in February for work permit though. Is someone else also in same situation ?
Why would she need to give her biometrics again if she already gave in Feb.

sukhi27

Jul 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-06-2020
I got my CoPR through email. And no one call for landing as well
thanks, i hope mine will also come soon

EDIT: may i know who was the sender of the email?

Last edited:

Steffans

Jan 26, 2016
Hi, Everyone,

CEC Inland
AOR : 25-June-20
Medical passed: Aug-17
Biometric (Biometric Exempted): Oct-20
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Does anybody can interpret my status and tell me where I am?

Applied for GCMS notes in Oct-5 but I haven't received the notes yet.

Thanks
Very similar timeline.. My AOR is June 26th, Medical passed same August 17th, I called on the 4th month anniversary for the first time.. They did not give me any update. I have requested GCMS notes.. Still nothing. You are lucky your Biometrics has been updated.. Mine has not been update.. I wished.. Seems those who never provided biometrics in the past had it faster than some of us who gave biometrics in ages ago.. Lol

I believe this is just a passing phase, we will all get our COPRs in due time.

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi all! Did anyone receive CoPR with VO Ottawa? From what I have read the applications with VO Ottawa are the slowest :confused:. Everyone else is getting CoPR or just waiting for final approval.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
@legalfalcon given the current chaos of processing stages as some people received CoPR after their old biometrics "completed" while others received no updates for months after that, may I ask what kind of stage when IRCC update the biometrics as "complete" when using the old ones given within 10 years? Criminality or Security? Thanks.