Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ... I have a quick question.. i have not bridged my work permit extension and PR application. What happens if my COPR comes first and then after it work permit extension is also approved. [ does the work permit extension status override my PR status ]

AOR : June 16th
BIL MEP : Aug 5th
BIOmetrics : 2nd OCT
Before the PR application is approved, IRCC conducts what is called a FOSS check. FOSS stands for "Field Operations Support System" that has the log of all your visas and permits and entry and exits into Canada.

If your PR application is approved, and you are in Canada, then pre COVID, IRCC asked applicants to show up at an IRCC office or at the post of entry to activate their COPR. When the COPR was activated, all other visas / permits were cancelled, because as a PR you DO NOT need a visa or a permit to be in Canada.

However, post COVID, IRCC is now doing this online over email for inland applicants. As soon as your application is approved, and an email is sent to you with the COPR, all other outstanding visas and permits will automatically be cancelled and terminated.

BOWP is just a fancy way of getting an extension on our WP, which makes your WP an open work permit if it was closed and allows you to be in Canada and work until a decision on your PR application is made.

Reactions: Zeekeem

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon what is the difference between recommended pass and review required in eligibility and can eligibility be recommended pass and still have review required ?

Eligibility happens in 2 stages.

First, an analyst or an assistant will review your application, i.e. each documents and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, the cRS and MEC scores. Based on this a note is entered. This note gives a recommendation, which could be recommended passed / met / review required etc.

RR is just a flagging a specific aspect that the assistant or analyst highlights for the officer to review carefully before making a final determination on eligibility. A RR does not mean that there is something wrong with your application. It merely indicates that the officer should review a specific aspect of the eligibility criteria, or the entire criteria before making a conclusion. Most notes will say recommended passed and RR for a specific issues, which means that apart from what requires a review, all other aspects are good and the applicant's eligibility is passed on those basis, if the RR decision does not change the eligibility conclusion.

Here is my old post on RR:

Understanding “Review Required”
A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Jaynimz

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Thank you very much

Eligibility happens in 2 stages.

First, an analyst or an assistant will review your application, i.e. each documents and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, the cRS and MEC scores. Based on this a note is entered. This note gives a recommendation, which could be recommended passed / met / review required etc.

RR is just a flagging a specific aspect that the assistant or analyst highlights for the officer to review carefully before making a final determination on eligibility. A RR does not mean that there is something wrong with your application. It merely indicates that the officer should review a specific aspect of the eligibility criteria, or the entire criteria before making a conclusion. Most notes will say recommended passed and RR for a specific issues, which means that apart from what requires a review, all other aspects are good and the applicant's eligibility is passed on those basis, if the RR decision does not change the eligibility conclusion.

Here is my old post on RR:

passthehelp

Jun 15, 2020
Before the PR application is approved, IRCC conducts what is called a FOSS check. FOSS stands for "Field Operations Support System" that has the log of all your visas and permits and entry and exits into Canada.

If your PR application is approved, and you are in Canada, then pre COVID, IRCC asked applicants to show up at an IRCC office or at the post of entry to activate their COPR. When the COPR was activated, all other visas / permits were cancelled, because as a PR you DO NOT need a visa or a permit to be in Canada.

However, post COVID, IRCC is now doing this online over email for inland applicants. As soon as your application is approved, and an email is sent to you with the COPR, all other outstanding visas and permits will automatically be cancelled and terminated.

BOWP is just a fancy way of getting an extension on our WP, which makes your WP an open work permit if it was closed and allows you to be in Canada and work until a decision on your PR application is made.
@legalfalcon Appreciate your response. I understand now that all current visa's, work permits will get canceled once you get copr.
Just one follow up so that I get a little more clarification. If I get COPR what happens to my existing closed work permit extension application as my work permit has already expired back in Jul and company has applied for the extension.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
@legalfalcon Appreciate your response. I understand now that all current visa's, work permits will get canceled once you get copr.
Just one follow up so that I get a little more clarification. If I get COPR what happens to my existing closed work permit extension application as my work permit has already expired back in Jul and company has applied for the extension.
I think you already know the answer. As soon as you get your COPR by email asking you to send your photos to receive your PR card, all the temporary visas and permits that you hold cease to be valid. It does not matter whether you hold visitor record, study permit, or work permit (open or closed), they won’t be valid after you become a PR which is what getting a COPR by email implies.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
They will all be cancelled. Once your become a PR, you have a right to stay indefinitely in Canada and do not need any visa or permit.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Little update on my June 13 AOR CEC inland, per today’s call to IRCC:

Eligibility: Recommended pass (Oct 1)
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started

CPC - Ottawa. Not sure if this office is just slower than others?

Batabata

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018

Looks like slower, because my AOR is beginning of July, and eligability is not even started.
Congratulations on your passed eligability.

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018

Exactly same as mine, only difference is I'm June 6

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi all,

I got COPR just now, so happy (not received any emails, just checked my account)
Inland BC PNP+EE
AOR: June 09
BIL: 2017, for the student visa
COPR: October 5
OMG congrats!!! I'm so happy for all of you, so nice to see people from June AOR getting COPR :D

Can someone guide me on how to call and ask about the process? I haven't call or email because I was nervous but I think its time!

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
OMG congrats!!! I'm so happy for all of you, so nice to see people from June AOR getting COPR :D

Can someone guide me on how to call and ask about the process? I haven't call or email because I was nervous but I think its time!
Just call IRCC and ask the agent to look deeply into your profile and tell you about Eligibility, Criminality, Security and the processing center which is verifying your application.

Reactions: Batabata

sukhi27

Jul 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-06-2020
just did my biometrics now,
i got call on Oct 1 to schedule appointment. ( did not posted as i was not sure it was legitimate call or no, very informal call)
went to Scarborough passport office.

AOR- 12 Jun 2020
BIL - July 28, 2020
Appointment date- October 6, 2020 (2:30pm)

EDIT- CEC(Inland)

arrived 30 mins before
office was completely empty when i went there, took almost 5 mins for the process. I noticed the sheet where they were marking the people for biometric attendance. It was 5 page sheet & i was on page 3, 20 people on one sheet, 100 per location per day.

i hope this information help somebody.

I was notified by agent on the phone that if somebody miss, they have to call IRCC to generate new BIL.

Reactions: Rubyred and ibh

silentsunami

Aug 8, 2020
They will all be cancelled. Once your become a PR, you have a right to stay indefinitely in Canada and do not need any visa or permit.
Hi legalfalcon,
Quick question. If i wanted to travel outside of Canada after getting COPR, i would need to wait till the PR card is ready right? Thanks

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
just did my biometrics now,
i got call on Oct 1 to schedule appointment. ( did not posted as i was not sure it was legitimate call or no, very informal call)
went to Scarborough passport office.

AOR- 12 Jun 2020
BIL - July 28, 2020
Appointment date- October 6, 2020 (2:30pm)

EDIT- CEC(Inland)

arrived 30 mins before
office was completely empty when i went there, took almost 5 mins for the process. I noticed the sheet where they were marking the people for biometric attendance. It was 5 page sheet & i was on page 3, 20 people on one sheet, 100 per location per day.

i hope this information help somebody.

I was notified by agent on the phone that if somebody miss, they have to call IRCC to generate new BIL.
Nice observation