+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
yesterday I Received BIL and MEP and today I received an email stating that my application status has changes and I have to sign in to check tha changes , when i logged in the only change i find is the progress bar was 28 % and it become 29 % . what could be the reason of that 1% change ?
That just shows the number of days since AOR, 100% is 6 months, 50% is 3 months, etc.

saswatbaruah

Jul 25, 2020
I got the AOR on 3rd June but the status has not changed at all.

I had applied via PNP.

Is this normal?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Ruvz

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
I got the AOR on 3rd June but the status has not changed at all.

I had applied via PNP.

Is this normal?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Exactly same here dear..no progress bar yet..let's hope for the best

Ruvz

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Hello, Can anyone please help..once the progress bar appears, does it consider the percentage for elapsed time since AOR time? Or it will start from 0% once an officer starts processing the application.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello, Can anyone please help..once the progress bar appears, does it consider the percentage for elapsed time since AOR time? Or it will start from 0% once an officer starts processing the application.
That progress bar only counts days from AOR and is essentially useless. Check January forums to confirm for yourself.

bradh928

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
The biometrics I did in 2019 for my work permit appeared in the application. Even though they expire in 2029, I'm requested to go to Service Canada to give biometrics again. Does anyone know how to be about it?
Hi there! That is the process. All new permanent resident applicants (even if you gave biometrics recently for a temporary resident visa application), will be required to provide some biometrics again.

How often you need to give your fingerprints and photo

Visitor visa, study and work permit applicants
You only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. You don’t need to give your biometrics again until the 10-year period expires.

If you gave biometrics in the past as part of an application for a visitor visa, work or study permit and they’re still valid, you don’t need to give them again.

Find out if your biometrics are still valid and when they expire by using the Check Status Tool.

Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.
Here's the source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Glad to see June AORs starting to get MEP/BIL. I saw some refusals from May AOR and I'm getting paranoid about my CEC application.

- I applied for my PGWP and started work, then flagpoled on a trip to the US and withdrew my online application. My work experience should still be counted as legal even though I withdrew the application, right?
- My Malaysia police cert was issued in 2019 before I graduated, when i was on holiday there. This should be acceptable since I've been in Canada from 2016, I hope?

bradh928

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
- I applied for my PGWP and started work, then flagpoled on a trip to the US and withdrew my online application. My work experience should still be counted as legal even though I withdrew the application, right?
Do you mean to say that:
1) You applied online for a PGWP, and started working before the applications is approved
2) and then, while working, without an approved PGWP, you crossed the border to apply for a separate PGWP in person, and then withdraw the one you made online?

What is the gap in days/months between your online application and in-person application? And during this gap, what was your official (non-implied) status on paper?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Do you mean to say that:
1) You applied online for a PGWP, and started working before the applications is approved
2) and then, while working, without an approved PGWP, you crossed the border to apply for a separate PGWP in person, and then withdraw the one you made online?

What is the gap in days/months between your online application and in-person application? And during this gap, what was your official (non-implied) status on paper?
I had a study permit valid till Nov 2019. Graduated May 2019, immediately applied for PGWP, started work in June, then flagpoled in Aug.