+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Yogi2yoo

Jul 22, 2019
Seems like Service Canada have already started looking at June 2020 applicants information for biometrics, i received two spam calls since morning claiming to be from Service Canada. :D

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Seems like Service Canada have already started looking at June 2020 applicants information for biometrics, i received two spam calls since morning claiming to be from Service Canada. :D
I got a call today in the middle of a presentation I was giving at work. In the past, I would just let it go to voicemail but given the stakes, I put everyone on hold and answered the phone only to find out it's a spam call.

Steffans

Jan 26, 2016
I got a call today in the middle of a presentation I was giving at work. In the past, I would just let it go to voicemail but given the stakes, I put everyone on hold and answered the phone only to find out it's a spam call.
Ouch!

But why the spam calls though?

I got one with just Chinese spoken on the background.

How do they get our numbers?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Ouch!

But why the spam calls though?

I got one with just Chinese spoken on the background.

How do they get our numbers?
The same way you get spam emails. You input your number into various fields on the internet (When you sign up for things) and sometimes, the info is sold

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
I really wish they let us actually book it through an online system. I bet Software Devs like me waiting for their PR would be totally up for volunteering to build some kind of system for them if they don't have budget for it haha!

Online spam callers will mark your phone number as "active" if you answer it, so I usually don't answer any unknown phone calls (which is probably why I don't get a lot of spam calls). Since Service Canada is going to call people, I now have to answer every unknown call.

Reactions: Angel1113

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Under Review of Eligibility in MY CIC it will continue to say 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.' even though you may have already passed the eligibility. So no it will not be updated until you get your COPR

The only way to know in advance if we have passed eligibility is through what legalfalcon has suggested - send a webform, call IRCC, GCMS notes

Reactions: Steffans and JaxT

liabb

Aug 20, 2020
IS THERE a number I could call from outside of Canada to ask them some questions about my profile updates? plz share this number . thanks

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Read this on another thread so hopefully June is not far behind.

Service Canada attempted to phone me today, I was on another phone call for work so I didn't pick up. They phoned my brother because he's the alternative number to schedule the biometrics appointment. I couldn't schedule an appointment, so I will have to wait for their second phone call.

Their phone number is private, so make sure your phone is not set up to block private numbers.

Inland application
AOR April 3
Medical Exam Passed June 2
BIL June 3

Reactions: ibh

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I really wish they let us actually book it through an online system. I bet Software Devs like me waiting for their PR would be totally up for volunteering to build some kind of system for them if they don't have budget for it haha!

Online spam callers will mark your phone number as "active" if you answer it, so I usually don't answer any unknown phone calls (which is probably why I don't get a lot of spam calls). Since Service Canada is going to call people, I now have to answer every unknown call.
Check this response. SC called him from a 1800 number. The applicant is from SK.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/biometrics.695429/post-8851494

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Guys I don't think I ever provided my phone number when I submit my application cuz the system doesn't ask for it.

in the "contact details" section, I only typed my email address and preferred language.

Is there anywhere we can type our phone number?

przemekrebacz

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-06-2020
AOR Received.
17-06-2020
Med's Done....
05-08-2020
Guys I don't think I ever provided my phone number when I submit my application cuz the system doesn't ask for it.

in the "contact details" section, I only typed my email address and preferred language.

Is there anywhere we can type our phone number?
Via webform and/or call IRCC and they will check or update it