+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

james0521

Nov 7, 2020
Hey guys, just got a question about my application, wonder if anyone could help explain about it...

AOR: 26th June,
Medical pass: Aug 19th,
Biometric exempted : Oct 20th.

However, I was requested to submit a document (IELTS test result) on Aug 18th.

Does it mean the time of processing for my application will be much longer than normal (6 months) or other applicants? Currently there are no any updates on eligible check or background check, it seems not moving at all...

Could anyone give some suggestions on what I should do? It will be much appreciated!!

rharikumar17

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hey guys, just got a question about my application, wonder if anyone could help explain about it...

Medical pass: Aug 19th,
Biometric exempted : Oct 20th.

However, I was requested to submit a document (IELTS test result) on Aug 18th.

Does it mean the time of processing for my application will be much longer than normal (6 months) or other applicants? Currently there are no any updates on eligible check or background check, it seems not moving at all...

Could anyone give some suggestions on what I should do? It will be much appreciated!!
Understanding processing time can be very challenging, If you are just looking at the online portal, it rarely changes and may not reflect the real progress on your application.
I think you have the below options for understanding your progress.
1. If Inland, you can call (1-888-242-2100 ) to check on the status. I usually call monthly twice or more to check on the status ( My AOR is June 21 and my eligibility was recommended passed and criminality was in progress)
2. Submit a webform
3. Order GCMS

james0521

Nov 7, 2020
Understanding processing time can be very challenging, If you are just looking at the online portal, it rarely changes and may not reflect the real progress on your application.
I think you have the below options for understanding your progress.
1. If Inland, you can call (1-888-242-2100 ) to check on the status. I usually call monthly twice or more to check on the status ( My AOR is June 21 and my eligibility was recommended passed and criminality was in progress)
2. Submit a webform
3. Order GCMS
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if other people have same situations as I had, like additional document required by IRCC. But I heard a rumor that if I'm required to submit extra document, my case will be put off, and the processing time will be restarted from the day IRCC received the extra document... Could anyone verify this please...?

For webform and GCMS notes, are they similar? May I know how to submit the webform? Thanks in advance!

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if other people have same situations as I had, like additional document required by IRCC. But I heard a rumor that if I'm required to submit extra document, my case will be put off, and the processing time will be restarted from the day IRCC received the extra document... Could anyone verify this please...?

For webform and GCMS notes, are they similar? May I know how to submit the webform? Thanks in advance!
I don't think this is true.
I have a guess for why they asked for your IELTS score. Check your IELTS confirmation number from the report and express entry profile to see if you made a mistake in entering it.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Thanks for your reply.

Requesting additional documents doesn't always dramatically increase the processing time. And no processing time doesn't start from the day of submitting extra documents. In your case since it is only IELTS result it shouldn't effect your timeline too much according to me.

No webform and GCMS notes are not similar. By submitting a webform you can ask specific question regarding your eligibility, criminality and security status or submit additional documents to support your application etc. GCMS notes are very detailed notes that include all the information regarding your file. Webform response take 5-10 days usually while GCMS nowadays are taking 30-60 days.

Here is a link to submit a webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

They don't always provide requested details through webforms and sometimes the response is just generic. I honestly prefer calling IRCC as it is the quicker method to get up to date info of your application. But if you want to see if your additional documents are reviewed etc then ordering GCMS notes might be more helpful.

james0521

Nov 7, 2020
Requesting additional documents doesn't always dramatically increase the processing time. And no processing time doesn't start from the day of submitting extra documents. In your case since it is only IELTS result it shouldn't effect your timeline too much according to me.

No webform and GCMS notes are not similar. By submitting a webform you can ask specific question regarding your eligibility, criminality and security status or submit additional documents to support your application etc. GCMS notes are very detailed notes that include all the information regarding your file. Webform response take 5-10 days usually while GCMS nowadays are taking 30-60 days.

Here is a link to submit a webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

They don't always provide requested details through webforms and sometimes the response is just generic. I honestly prefer calling IRCC as it is the quicker method to get up to date info of your application. But if you want to see if your additional documents are reviewed etc then ordering GCMS notes might be more helpful.
Thanks for you reply!

I remeber you mentioned "Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)" before, is it the same thing as GCMS notes? I submitted ATIP couple of days ago...

I also called IRCC 2 weeks ago, and I was told by an unfriendly agent that the case is not even started yet... Im so sad...

In addition, I was told by my friend that there is a link to check the status of applications: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
I checked several times but evertime it shows the same thing: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided"
Does this website actually work for PR applications? lol

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Thanks for you reply!

I remeber you mentioned "Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)" before, is it the same thing as GCMS notes? I submitted ATIP couple of days ago...

I also called IRCC 2 weeks ago, and I was told by an unfriendly agent that the case is not even started yet... Im so sad...

In addition, I was told by my friend that there is a link to check the status of applications: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
I checked several times but evertime it shows the same thing: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided"
Does this website actually work for PR applications? lol
Yes submitting an ATIP request is known as ordering GCMS notes.

I honestly never used that link and not sure if it actually works.

Wow some agents are so rude. Your AOR is june 26th, I don't think your case is not even 'STARTED'. Did you pass your medical already and recieved a BIL? I would honestly call again and speak to another agent. Maybe the person you spoke to just didn't actually look into your file. I would specifically ask for the current status of eligibility, criminality and security. Don't worry I am sure your application won't take very long. I have seen many applicants who submitted additional documents get their PR within 6 month timeline.

james0521

Nov 7, 2020
Yes submitting an ATIP request is known as ordering GCMS notes.

I honestly never used that link and not sure if it actually works.

Wow some agents are so rude. Your AOR is june 26th, I don't think your case is not even 'STARTED'. Did you pass your medical already and recieved a BIL? I would honestly call again and speak to another agent. Maybe the person you spoke to just didn't actually look into your file. I would specifically ask for the current status of eligibility, criminality and security. Don't worry I am sure your application won't take very long. I have seen many applicants who submitted additional documents get their PR within 6 month timeline.
I literally thought every agent is not unfriendly until I saw most of the agent people in this forum contact with are very nice...

Yes, here is the timeline:
medical pass: Aug 19th,
Biometric exempted : Oct 20th

I really appreciate your suggestion. I will call IRCC on Monday. Your reply is really cheerful!

Reactions: Angel1113

Madhu251890

Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,

can you please advice on the below query
medical passed
bio updated
And criminality and Eligibility are in process since 3 weeks! Is this anything to worry I see usually eligibility is passed in 2 weeks or so..correct me if I’m wrong.

thanks much