+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

AdamPilolla

Oct 7, 2019
Question for those of you with the experience:

I'm a USA -> Canada applicant and about a month ago I got my passport request letter (if that's still what you call it; US applicants only have to send photocopies). I sent the documents over and they arrived on September 20th at CPCO's PO Box, and were signed for. Haven't heard a peep since then and the tracking number for the return envelope has yet to be activated. I'm wondering if I should be concerned and consider contacting them since it's taken this long (I've read that it usually takes around 10 business days and I've exceeded that already). Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

catriona67

Jan 25, 2018
Question for those of you with the experience:

I'm a USA -> Canada applicant and about a month ago I got my passport request letter (if that's still what you call it; US applicants only have to send photocopies). I sent the documents over and they arrived on September 20th at CPCO's PO Box, and were signed for. Haven't heard a peep since then and the tracking number for the return envelope has yet to be activated. I'm wondering if I should be concerned and consider contacting them since it's taken this long (I've read that it usually takes around 10 business days and I've exceeded that already). Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

catriona67

Jan 25, 2018
Also a US applicant. We sent the photos and paperwork to Ottawa and it was signed for on Sept 27. Not a peep since.
We had a horrible time trying to get it sent to Ottawa. FedEx in Arizona said it was impossible to create a return from Ottawa in their system.
He ended up mailing it to me in Vancouver and then I mailed it to Ottawa. Nightmare.

Rejaur88

Jul 23, 2019
I am the sponsor and just received an email asking for additional document. Could anyone please clarify me about the following?
1. Lease document: They have asked for documents since June 2019. I have left my previous address on August and currently staying at my cousins apartment as a paying guest. So I don’t have any lease document by my name. I can provide the lease document from previous address from June to August. What do I do for August to till now? Would a letter from my cousin stating that I am a paying guest work?

I would appreciate any experienced comment on this. I am kind of worried. After almost 3 months of getting AoR 1 I have received this email today. Thanks guys.

AdamPilolla

Oct 7, 2019
Also a US applicant. We sent the photos and paperwork to Ottawa and it was signed for on Sept 27. Not a peep since.
We had a horrible time trying to get it sent to Ottawa. FedEx in Arizona said it was impossible to create a return from Ottawa in their system.
He ended up mailing it to me in Vancouver and then I mailed it to Ottawa. Nightmare.
Yeah, I had heard that people had issues getting FedEx/UPS to cooperate so we didn't even try. Luckily I live north of Seattle so having the documents sent to/from my wife's place in the Vancouver area is no problem. Still nothing for us today but be sure to update if you get anywhere!

catriona67

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah, I had heard that people had issues getting FedEx/UPS to cooperate so we didn't even try. Luckily I live north of Seattle so having the documents sent to/from my wife's place in the Vancouver area is no problem. Still nothing for us today but be sure to update if you get anywhere!

catriona67

Jan 25, 2018
lol same here! I"m in Surrey BC. He's in Phoenix.
Hopefully we will get an answer soon! Keep me posted on yours as well.