+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

ShawnLee

Jan 29, 2020
I received a letter yesterday saying that permanent residency has been authorized and will now be contacted by IRCC Ottawa to arrange an appointment. Has anyone had their appointment yet and if so how long was the wait time? I'm just curious.
Hello , I just got confused that I got DM or not so when I checked my application at CIC homepage it shows decision made but I didn:t get any email for that. I just got email that I meet the eligibility requirement for PR . And Etobicoke office will contact me . Is that DM?
o

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Hello , I just got confused that I got DM or not so when I checked my application at CIC homepage it shows decision made but I didn:t get any email for that. I just got email that I meet the eligibility requirement for PR . And Etobicoke office will contact me . Is that DM?
o
I'm not sure, I would guess so but it depends on the wording. Maybe you are going for an interview before they make a final decision? Mine said that the decision was made and I was authorized for PR. I had no update on the system either but then that's irrelevant as it's the letters you get which are important. Maybe give them a call tomorrow or just wait to hear back from Etobicoke.

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
What does the AIP say? Is it a letter stating you're approved? Or eligibility passed?
I believe my AIP letter (if I'm assuming that is what an AIP is) is where it says eligibility requirements were met but need to wait for background checks etc to be completed before decision made.

Though my husband never received any email stating his sponsorship approval despite his ecas stating they sent him correspondence. And then I got DM like 2 days after that, without much updating on my system.

Reactions: abjh

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi All,

When they inform you of your interview date, do they phone you directly or do they just update you online?

Thanks!

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Hi All,

When they inform you of your interview date, do they phone you directly or do they just update you online?

Thanks!
They email you with an attached pdf (or they email you and the pdf is in GCKey) ... one of the two. They don't call you.

Reactions: abjh

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I had my interview yesterday.

I received the COPR yesterday, it’s not valid for travel. The PR card is proof of PR for entering Canada, you don’t have a stamp.
How did your interview go? What questions were asked / what did you need to bring? (I know the letter will state that when my time comes, but always like to see others experiences were like!)

DavidK_NZ

Aug 26, 2018
I simply took my passport, letter and receipt of PR payment.

It was very relaxed and quick.

My wife was asked if she was sure she wanted to sponsor me. She paused for along moment and you could of heard a pin drop.

Then 4 general immigration questions for me (I think they were):

Have I been denied entry to Canada
Have I been removed or asked to leave Canada
Have I been charge or convicted of a crime
Do I have dependents on this application (we have 3 kids but they’re Canadian so it was also a no)

Then I had to provide date of first entry to Canada, but what they meant was when I entered with dual intent, not previous visits.

I had to sign the COPR, it was explained it’s an official document that I keep forever and use to get SIN. She explained citizenship and the PR card and that was it.

We laughed and joked with the lady from IRCC and it was all over in about 15 minutes.

Halifax, although a reasonably sized provincial capital, doesn’t seem to have a high number of immigrants so it wasn’t very busy or structured we saw 2 other couples in there doing COPR and the ones who went in before us also found it very relaxed. We were gone so don’t know about the next group.

Reactions: abjh and Ruobear