App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
June applicants, has movement stopped in this month or are you guys just forgetful in updating the timesheet?
I think generally June applicants are advancing well, except maybe for ones whose applications were received in the last two weeks of June. I hope we do not experience unusual delays during those last stages of our application similar to the ones we had with the OWP.
I’m optimistic that any disruption is due to the Xmas/NY break...

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Only 1 week more before my spouse loses her visitor status, no OWP yet. Should we file for visitor extension?
Don't worry, your spouse is under implied status until she gets her OWP, even if it comes a week before PR she is still under implied status!

seatoyyz

Jul 16, 2019
Just received my landing invitation via email! Below is my full timeline:

Application Received: June 05, 2019
AOR: July 11, 2019
OWP Approved: September 19, 2019
OWP Received: September 24, 2019
Background Check Started: October 30, 2019
Medical Request: November 1, 2019
Medical Exam: November 19, 2019
Medical Passed: November 24, 2019
AIP/DM: December 8, 2019
Landing Invitation: January 3, 2020
Landing Interview Scheduled @ Etobicoke: January 13, 2020

We never received an email for SA (we used a joint email address for this process so definitely would've seen it), just the AIP/DM email addressed to me as the PA.
Hi everyone,

I completed my landing this morning! The actual "interview" was no big deal, but the process was exhausting (I landed at the Etobicoke office so it may be specific to that location). My appointment was at 9:00am, and by the time we got there, the waiting room was already overflowing with people and there was a line to check in. The security guard asked if we had an appointment, so I guess they take walk-ins? We checked in at 8:40am and received a number. They wouldn't let anyone wait in the lobby, so we were crammed into this tiny waiting room with no air flow and no personal space. Our number didn't get called until just before 10:00am. It was a long 80 minutes.

Luckily the officer was super friendly and the interview itself only lasted about 5 minutes. I provided the items listed on the invitation letter and she looked everything over. She asked a few questions:
  • Current address
  • Original date of entry (when you entered with intent to apply for PR)
  • Most recent date of entry
  • Whether I had a criminal history or had been ordered to leave Canada
  • Confirmed my husband/sponsor's willingness to undertake and employment status
Signed a couple of forms and that was it!

There was a Service Canada down the hall so I updated my SIN there, then went straight to Service Ontario to apply for OHIP. Spent maybe 5-10 minutes at each office, and was happy to find out the 3-month waiting period for OHIP was waived "because PRs shouldn't have to wait". I should receive my PR card and my health card in the mail within 4 weeks.

So long story short, once I finally got in to see the immigration officer, it was smooth sailing from there. The waiting sucked though. Definitely prepare yourself.

Good luck everyone!

mtcalling

Nov 28, 2019
I would give them a call. That's a while to be waiting just to set an interview date.
That's what I'm feeling, though this whole journey has involved a lot of uncertain waiting! When you say, give them a call, you're meaning the general tel hotline 1-888-242-2100? I haven't been able to find any contact info for specific offices, in this case Etobicoke

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Hi everyone,

I completed my landing this morning! The actual "interview" was no big deal, but the process was exhausting (I landed at the Etobicoke office so it may be specific to that location). My appointment was at 9:00am, and by the time we got there, the waiting room was already overflowing with people and there was a line to check in. The security guard asked if we had an appointment, so I guess they take walk-ins? We checked in at 8:40am and received a number. They wouldn't let anyone wait in the lobby, so we were crammed into this tiny waiting room with no air flow and no personal space. Our number didn't get called until just before 10:00am. It was a long 80 minutes.

Luckily the officer was super friendly and the interview itself only lasted about 5 minutes. I provided the items listed on the invitation letter and she looked everything over. She asked a few questions:
  • Current address
  • Original date of entry (when you entered with intent to apply for PR)
  • Most recent date of entry
  • Whether I had a criminal history or had been ordered to leave Canada
  • Confirmed my husband/sponsor's willingness to undertake and employment status
Signed a couple of forms and that was it!

There was a Service Canada down the hall so I updated my SIN there, then went straight to Service Ontario to apply for OHIP. Spent maybe 5-10 minutes at each office, and was happy to find out the 3-month waiting period for OHIP was waived "because PRs shouldn't have to wait". I should receive my PR card and my health card in the mail within 4 weeks.

So long story short, once I finally got in to see the immigration officer, it was smooth sailing from there. The waiting sucked though. Definitely prepare yourself.

Good luck everyone!
That’s so cool that PRs don’t have to wait for 3-months to apply for OHIP. I always thought the 3-month wait was mandatory.
Apparently you are also eligible for OHIP once you receive the AIP letter, but probably the 3-month wait would apply in that case. Does this mean it is faster to wait and apply for OHIP after completing the interview than to apply for it after receiving the AIP status (unless of course there are severe delays between DM and the interview date)?

Last edited:

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
That’s so cool that PRs don’t have to wait for 3-months to apply for OHIP. I always thought the 3-month wait was mandatory.
Apparently you are also eligible for OHIP once you receive the AIP letter, but probably the 3-month wait would apply in that case. Does this mean it is faster to wait and apply for OHIP after completing the interview than to apply for it after receiving the AIP status (unless of course there are severe delays between DM and the interview date)?
We tried to apply today for the ohip card thinking it would be a 3 month wait.
The lady was rude and refused the DM letter saying that it was a special case and had to be done at a specialized service ontario. so if you have DM i’d say wait till you get the COPR.

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
We tried to apply today for the ohip card thinking it would be a 3 month wait.
The lady was rude and refused the DM letter saying that it was a special case and had to be done at a specialized service ontario. so if you have DM i’d say wait till you get the COPR.
Yes, unfortunately OHIP applications for future PR applicants are required to go through the federal (non-private) Service Ontario offices.

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
So today I went to the federal Service Ontario office for my OHIP, on the basis of my OWP and my job letter. As stated above by our friends, not all service Ontario offices do health insurance services for temporary residents (Student, Work). So I went there and got mine. So here are the things I got to know, I was given OHIP coverage for 1 year, from the date my OWP was issued. So it is from 10 December to 10 Dec 2021. Coverage is the same as PR. Which when I get PR I can wait for this one to near its expiry and when I will be asked to renew it, I can show my PR card and get the new OHIP, which I think will be for 5 years. So no point waiting for PR to get OHIP coverage if you have OWP and job letter.
As even after PR the waiting time is 3 months, the only thing they do not ask for is a job letter.
So I keep my OHIP coverage this year on the basis of my OWP. And by the time I "Hopefully" will have my PR, so when the time comes to renew the OHIP after about a year I can use my PR to get it done then without a job letter

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if anybody from this forum is from Colombia, I am in the last step to be approve however they requested a bunch of different documents which I am confuse with. They are related with the "libreta militar" and police certificate..
Thank you
Hey,

My wife is Colombian and she was requested a Police Certificate. Libreta Militar was not part of the letter requesting for more information. She was never part of the military, so she doesn't need to provide this information.

For the police certificate, you just have to send the letter which you received, proof of payment, application number and the application form to one of the two agencies in Colombia. Contact them and request the information required for you to send to them. Sounds like they will send the certificate to an embassy and from there, the embassy will translate and send to CIC.

G4S Colombia (available only in Spanish)
E-mail: aplicantes@procesosec.com
Phone: (+57) 1 705-4040 extension: 1506

Omnitempus (available only in Spanish)
E-mail: servicios@omnitempus.com
Phone: (+57) 1 611-0529 extension: 168, 128

Good luck rest of the way to your PR!

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
WE GOT DM WE GOT DM (And SA). They emailed us 10 minutes ago!! (Never got AIP).

Here are our details:
App received: June 26th
AOR: August 9th
OWP linked: Sept. 12; Approved: Dec. 16th
Med request: Nov. 22
Med passed: Nov. 29
Started processing BGC: Dec. 4th
SA & DM: January 14th

Last edited: