App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
Profile updated today - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam (without any medical request or an actual medial) - what kind of operation are these people running?
Maybe they will send you a request right away once they have found out you have not done any medical exam yet...sometimes I feel confused about the timeline too, I found out July applicants have already started to receive a medical request when some of the June applicants not receiving yet...

Reactions: heysushant

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I feel like a university student hearing about everyone's amazing marks on tests/assignments while I'm failing (in reference to people getting med requests, BG checks, etc while we still haven't gotten the OWP).

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
I feel like a university student hearing about everyone's amazing marks on tests/assignments while I'm failing (in reference to people getting med requests, BG checks, etc while we still haven't gotten the OWP).
So true!!!Maybe we just need to try to check the status once a month or maybe 2 months, then we might be able to get some surprises......

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I just got my medical request too today!! Happy days, though also worrying because I only have two doctor options...one in my city and one in Sudbury. And the doctors around northern ontario aren't always around.....so hopefully I am lucky to get it done. Also does anyone know how much it will cost for a request? I'm scared it'll be like $400 like someone mentioned for Alberta....

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
wow congratulations! when was yr application received ? mine was on June.21 and I am still waiting for the medical request. nothing heard after OWP on Oct yet..
You should hear something soon you applied around the same time I did too! Here's my timeline for now.

App Originally Sent: May 17th (unsure of Recieved)
App Sent back to me: June 10th (Due to missing signature / NOA)
App sent to CIC: June 19th
App Recieved: June 20th
AOR: August 1st
PR Link to my Account: August 20th (Due to using wrong UCI during the previous days, probarly could have linked earlier.)
Background Check Processing: 13th November
Medical Request: 23rd November

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
We were lucky enough to have the medical appointment done today! Now more waiting (super quick - just urine, blood sample, and xray).

Last edited:
Reactions: Janice Bond

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I just got my medical request too today!! Happy days, though also worrying because I only have two doctor options...one in my city and one in Sudbury. And the doctors around northern ontario aren't always around.....so hopefully I am lucky to get it done. Also does anyone know how much it will cost for a request? I'm scared it'll be like $400 like someone mentioned for Alberta....
150$ doctor fees, 87$ X-Ray, 85$ blood work. total of 322$ and I'v done this in Vancouver.

Reactions: Ruobear

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
Does anyone know if you can do the medical exam in the US? I am from the US and have to travel home briefly in December to give birth due to not having OHIP yet. I’m worried they’ll ask for the medical exam while I’m gone and wondering if we can do it there?