+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

seatoyyz

Jul 16, 2019
Has Any Ontario applicant received medical request?
I literally just got mine (June 5 applicant). I checked gckey this morning and my profile had been updated to say "we are reviewing your medical results" even though I hadn't done it yet...a couple of hours later I got the email and the status now says "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details."

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Just got back from my medical exam, thought I'd make a comment here just for others so they know what to expect.

Booked a 10am with the only panel physician in my city. Nice guy, and on time. Had to give a urine sample first. The doctor took my photo and my passport, then spent 10 minutes uploading them to eMedical. (Some places you have to bring photos if they don't use emedical - ask!)

Then into the exam room where he asked me questions, such as prior illness, meds, addictions, etc. Then he checked my ears/mouth/eyes, which took like 2 minutes. Then he had me lie down and he pressed on my stomach in a few places, asking if I felt pain. I didn't, and we were done. Didn't even have to undress, though YMMV in that regard.

His clinic didn't do bloodwork or x-rays, so he gave me requisitions to get them done. I paid him for the appointment ($200) and went to get bloodwork. He is doing a serum creatinine test, which worried me at first, but I overheard the lab techs mention "why does this guy always get us to do this one?" while pointing to the creatinine checkbox. Her colleague said she didn't know, but "he's been doing it a lot lately". So hopefully he's just being cautious (probably cuz I'm a fat bastard :p) They took 3 vials (one for each of the tests presumably). Ezpz.

Then to the x-ray place, which cost me another $100. Had to get it re-done because I was too tall for where the machine was set. Double dose of ionizing radiation for me, yay!

So that's the medical process, at least in my experience. Now to let my hypochondria run rampant over the weekend while results come in (he said he'd call if there was anything abnormal).

Kapil_ame

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
I literally just got mine (June 5 applicant). I checked gckey this morning and my profile had been updated to say "we are reviewing your medical results" even though I hadn't done it yet...a couple of hours later I got the email and the status now says "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details."
I got medical request today afternoon. Same thing happened like you.

Reactions: Janice Bond

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Just got back from my medical exam, thought I'd make a comment here just for others so they know what to expect.

Booked a 10am with the only panel physician in my city. Nice guy, and on time. Had to give a urine sample first. The doctor took my photo and my passport, then spent 10 minutes uploading them to eMedical. (Some places you have to bring photos if they don't use emedical - ask!)

Then into the exam room where he asked me questions, such as prior illness, meds, addictions, etc. Then he checked my ears/mouth/eyes, which took like 2 minutes. Then he had me lie down and he pressed on my stomach in a few places, asking if I felt pain. I didn't, and we were done. Didn't even have to undress, though YMMV in that regard.

His clinic didn't do bloodwork or x-rays, so he gave me requisitions to get them done. I paid him for the appointment ($200) and went to get bloodwork. He is doing a serum creatinine test, which worried me at first, but I overheard the lab techs mention "why does this guy always get us to do this one?" while pointing to the creatinine checkbox. Her colleague said she didn't know, but "he's been doing it a lot lately". So hopefully he's just being cautious (probably cuz I'm a fat bastard :p) They took 3 vials (one for each of the tests presumably). Ezpz.

Then to the x-ray place, which cost me another $100. Had to get it re-done because I was too tall for where the machine was set. Double dose of ionizing radiation for me, yay!

So that's the medical process, at least in my experience. Now to let my hypochondria run rampant over the weekend while results come in (he said he'd call if there was anything abnormal).
Thanks for sharing Jetrel. Now I feel less anxious about it:)

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Congratulations to everyone that has received a Medical Request whippee:DQuick question - Did anyone get a request to submit another Schedule A? I am not sure if mine was misplaced but I got a request today to submit it again.

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Congratulations to everyone that has received a Medical Request whippee:DQuick question - Did anyone get a request to submit another Schedule A? I am not sure if mine was misplaced but I got a request today to submit it again.
We were requested because we have failed to add my husbands address while he was working in usa ..

Reactions: Janice Bond

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone else still been unable to link OWP / haven't had their OWP approved? Starting to get really worried now :(

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Hello everyone,
Here is a update on my application
App. Received: June 7
AOR: July 12
App. Linked: July 15
OWP Linked: September 10
TRV Extension approved: September 21
OWP Approved: September 23
OWP Received: October 1
New Schedule A Request: November 1
Medical Request: November 2

Reactions: may2019

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
What's your timeline Ruobear?
Hi Janice, My timeline is as follows:

App Originally Sent: May 17th (unsure of Recieved)
App Sent back to me: June 10th (Due to missing signature / NOA)
App sent to CIC: June 19th
App Recieved: June 20th
AOR: August 1st
PR Link to my Account: August 20th (Due to using wrong UCI during the previous days, probarly could have linked earlier.)

Otherwise I haven't recieved anything since nor been able to link my Work permit either. I have called up but they said just to wait and they would send a message to push through my app but it still hasn't done much. Been trying to link everyday but...nothing :(

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019

PR Link to my Account: August 20th (Due to using wrong UCI during the previous days, probarly could have linked earlier.)

Otherwise I haven't recieved anything since nor been able to link my Work permit either. I have called up but they said just to wait and they would send a message to push through my app but it still hasn't done much. Been trying to link everyday but...nothing :(
Oh wow. That's fustrating. I wasn't able to link mine until September closer to approval while some applicants could link it after a couple of days after AOR in other months. It's taking a while for June applicants. Hang in there. I pray you get it soon.

th_10

Oct 5, 2017

We’re also still waiting for our OWP approval...let’s keep a positive mind!