+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Question about the OWP - I have mine but I need to renew my passport, and then apply to extend my OWP. How long does the extension take - is it another 4 months? And how much does it cost to extend? Another $255?

misheki

Oct 21, 2019
I've checked on this forum a few times before and I decided to create an account to share my experience with you guys.

Submitted online OWP application - June 25, 2019
Received AOR in email - June 26, 2019
Medical - done in Malaysia before coming over (pre-emptive)
Biometrics - done in Malaysia during tourist visa application
Received update via email - October 19, 2019 at 10:45AM
Then, I checked my account on CIC website and received the message that I've been approved.

I called CIC just to check, it says online applications after June 14 have not been started yet. But I already got mine.
Hope this helps.

Emy19

Aug 9, 2019
YOU GIVE ME HOPE MY FRIEND! Did you receive the email now? I'm wondering if they work beyond regular hours :p
Don't worry, you will receive yours soon :). I have not received the email yet. I called this afternoon and the agent confirmed approval. Two hours later it was updated as approved on the website.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Don't worry, you will receive yours soon :). I have not received the email yet. I called this afternoon and the agent confirmed approval. Two hours later it was updated as approved on the website.
Wow I'm surprised you got through in the afternoon. Usually they end my call due to a "high volume of callers". Do you recall what numbers you pressed to get to the agent?

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
just got profile updated, indicate the background check is in process...

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
We just called cic and talked to a lovely woman who told us that online it says they are processing applications submitted June 14th (rolls eyes); thus she cannot do anything since online it says our app was submitted June 19th (inaccurate but who cares). The waiting game continues...

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
We just called cic and talked to a lovely woman who told us that online it says they are processing applications submitted June 14th (rolls eyes); thus she cannot do anything since online it says our app was submitted June 19th (inaccurate but who cares). The waiting game continues...
I really believe that's all the information that they see on their computer system. Probably someone is slow in updating their system. Helpline just says what limited info they have.