+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
We just called cic and talked to a lovely woman who told us that online it says they are processing applications submitted June 14th (rolls eyes); thus she cannot do anything since online it says our app was submitted June 19th (inaccurate but who cares). The waiting game continues...
They give out generic (inquiry related) and usually out-dated information, I believe it's because they work on their ticketing system which just has basic access to other systems on which actual work is done.
Our timelines are similar, I am hopeful your approval will come this week.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
How do you guys see your OPW online? GCkey?? I can't add link on GCkey and I can't see any information. I didn't get any email about opw. Did you get at least email that shows opw application number??
As soon as they opened and entered your application into the system you can link it online into your gckey account. Theres a link somewhere above your current application where it says "link another application to your profile" Then you need to enter your Information and then it will link.

Reactions: aks1414

aks1414

Oct 5, 2019
AOR Received.
July 23
As soon as they opened and entered your application into the system you can link it online into your gckey account. Theres a link somewhere above your current application where it says "link another application to your profile" Then you need to enter your Information and then it will link.
Thank you so much I could link my application.

th_10

Oct 5, 2017
We just called cic and talked to a lovely woman who told us that online it says they are processing applications submitted June 14th (rolls eyes); thus she cannot do anything since online it says our app was submitted June 19th (inaccurate but who cares). The waiting game continues...
Interesting...we submitted ours on June 12 and still waiting. Do you think it’s worth it if I call CIC even though you and some others already called and received similar responses?

aks1414

Oct 5, 2019
AOR Received.
July 23
Interesting...we submitted ours on June 12 and still waiting. Do you think it’s worth it if I call CIC even though you and some others already called and received similar responses?
I submitted on June 12 too. And I'm still waiting. I will call cic tomorrow I don't know if it's worth it but I will try.

aks1414

Oct 5, 2019
AOR Received.
July 23
My OPW information said submitted on June 5th but I submitted OPW with PR application on June 12th. I'm confused. Is it problem do you think?:(

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
My OPW information said submitted on June 5th but I submitted OPW with PR application on June 12th. I'm confused. Is it problem do you think?:(
no that is normal for many people. Not sure if its just a system error they have or what but many people said the same

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I submitted on June 12 too. And I'm still waiting. I will call cic tomorrow I don't know if it's worth it but I will try.
Please see our timeline in my signature. Some June 2018 applicants are still waiting on medical requests. Some applicants do the medical and receive their AIP status days after. Some get requests 4 months in, some 8 some 12 some 16! Many of us get hung up on the medical, as it seems to signify progress, but that is not necessarily true so try not to stress about it. Check your CIC account every day or two, trust that your application is 'in progress' and be ready to hurry up and wait for a lot of silence.

Reactions: aks1414 and reviv3r

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I called up CIC because I still haven't heard anything or been able to link my OWP, they said I was just in the considered "delay" and sent a message to the officers to see if they can push my application forward.

They recieved my package on June 20th, it's just so stressful not hearing anything but seeing mostly everyone get their approvals... I just hope I recieve something soon.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I called up CIC because I still haven't heard anything or been able to link my OWP, they said I was just in the considered "delay" and sent a message to the officers to see if they can push my application forward.

They recieved my package on June 20th, it's just so stressful not hearing anything but seeing mostly everyone get their approvals... I just hope I recieve something soon.
It's nice that the agent you spoke to offered to do that because the agent we spoke to said she can't do anything (we also asked her to sent the officers a message to push our app forward but she said she can't).

aks1414

Oct 5, 2019
AOR Received.
July 23
It's nice that the agent you spoke to offered to do that because the agent we spoke to said she can't do anything (we also asked her to sent the officers a message to push our app forward but she said she can't).
when I called cic my officer said same things that they can send email to office to push my application forward. It was 1 week ago But my application is not even started reviewing my eligibility. I think the officer is just being nice and saying it but doing anything.

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
when I called cic my officer said same things that they can send email to office to push my application forward. It was 1 week ago But my application is not even started reviewing my eligibility. I think the officer is just being nice and saying it but doing anything.
I have a feeling that they just said it but won't do anything, as they did say to me "oh it's an application that does take 4months, but ill speak to an officer and send them a message" but it's like I already know that and it's annoying to see people who applied in july/aug get theirs before you. Waiting games aaaahhh!