Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Application Received: June 5
AOR: July 11
OWP Linked: September 6
OWP Approved: September 19

Checked gckey and saw that my OWP had been approved. It was approved yesterday but as of now I haven't received an email, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on your account for status updates.
Will do and Congratulations:D

Reactions: seatoyyz

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
A question guys. Is there a risk of travel outside of Canada when we get our owp? Will we surely let inside of Canada when returning?

VanNOLA

Feb 25, 2019
A question guys. Is there a risk of travel outside of Canada when we get our owp? Will we surely let inside of Canada when returning?
From what I understand, there is no guarantee until they have status. It's pretty much up to the border guard. But we are also banking on them being okay with allowing my partner back into Canada when we travel to the States. (We already bought flights for a trip. Fingers crossed.)

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
From what I understand, there is no guarantee until they have status. It's pretty much up to the border guard. But we are also banking on them being okay with allowing my partner back into Canada when we travel to the States. (We already bought flights for a trip. Fingers crossed.)
To be more specific, do we have the same risk of being denied as a regular study / work permit holder? If that's the case risk is near zero unless someone is inadmissible due to crime, other issues, etc.?

Lestad_01

Aug 12, 2019
Hello!! We just got OWP approved !!! I am so happy and relieved.. We can only see the approval on the linked application but we are still waiting for an email with the details.. I hope that everyone will get the approval very soon
What’s your timeline?

Jan 19, 2018
Happy Monday all! Looking for some peace of mind today, as my wife and I still don't know if our immigration consultant has received an AOR. Last Thursday I left a message for our paralegal, so we're still waiting on a status update there.

I know our application was received in Mississauga on June 21st, 2019, but we haven't heard anything else from CIC. We applied for PR (Inland), w/an visitor extension request, and an OWP.

Any June applicants still waiting on an AOR?

Jan 14, 2019
Congratulations to all the approved OWP recepients. We are keeping fingers crossed on ours :)

Do I need to apply for my partner's visitor visa extension since her PR may take longer than 6 months?

Reactions: Janice Bond

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
The trend for June applicants seems to be OWP after 3 months and 2.5 weeks.
So hopefully by October 14th we receive ours (and before the election which I feel will slow things down).

ccamilo328

Jul 18, 2019
Well, from my understanding and a word I had with a inmigration lawyer once you apply for OWP along with the PR, it will change the status. With that being said if your partner is granted with the OWP will be OK under work status, so you will not need to apply for an extention.