+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Congratulations to all the approved OWP recepients. We are keeping fingers crossed on ours :)

Do I need to apply for my partner's visitor visa extension since her PR may take longer than 6 months?
I applied for an extension because my TRV was expiring during the the processing time for the OWP. I didn't want to take any chances.

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016
Hi, my common-law’s application (PR +OWP) was received on Aug 2nd and we received AOR email on Sept. 7th.
Back in March, our application package was returned due to missing signatures, ending my common law’s implied status. We got her status restored but now it’s expiring on Sept. 30th.
My question is, should we extend her visitor record or is it certain that we will get her OWP since we already have received an AOR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
For those of you who's OWP has been approved, do you all know what date the OWP application was received on the gckey site? Just want to know how long until they recognize receipt of OWP application until approval. Thanks!

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
For those of you who's OWP has been approved, do you all know what date the OWP application was received on the gckey site? Just want to know how long until they recognize receipt of OWP application until approval. Thanks!
My OWP application said it was received on June 11th, although my application wasn’t sent until June 17th. Not sure what the process is to be honest. I linked my OWP account 2 weeks ago but haven’t had any update as of yet.

VanNOLA

Feb 25, 2019
This morning, the WP application status changed to, "Application updated/profile updated". I checked again an hour later, and it reverted back to "Submitted".
Anyone know what this means?

Reactions: CristianFelipe

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
This morning, the WP application status changed to, "Application updated/profile updated". I checked again an hour later, and it reverted back to "Submitted".
Anyone know what this means?
They are working on your OWP.

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi, my common-law’s application (PR +OWP) was received on Aug 2nd and we received AOR email on Sept. 7th.
Back in March, our application package was returned due to missing signatures, ending my common law’s implied status. We got her status restored but now it’s expiring on Sept. 30th.
My question is, should we extend her visitor record or is it certain that we will get her OWP since we already have received an AOR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the OWP and PR are processed separately, so I would say it's not certain that one would get the OWP approved, but seems like highly unlikely to get the OWP rejected if all paperwork is correct.

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
What would be the difference in the actual OWP approval mail that we get when compared to the approval message that we get in CIC profile?

Will there be any extra details in the paper document that we receive in mail ?