*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

emeakyl

Jul 7, 2019
App received: June 3rd
AOR: July 6th
OWP linked: Sept.6
Today (Sept 18) between 4h10 EST and 4h40 EST:

Moving from:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

to
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

It's moving forward.

Oct 2, 2018
Hello, my friends, The OWP was returned because of the insufficient fees. Now I have paid the correct amount of money of $255, and will send back the package. Regarding the forms, do send back the ones they sent back to me? Or do I need to print the forms, sign them with new data? Thanks!

Oct 2, 2018
Yes, that's right. So would I only need to pay the $100 WP holder fee that's outstanding, get the receipt and resend the application package with the new receipt?
Yes, that's right. So would I only need to pay the $100 WP holder fee that's outstanding, get the receipt and resend the application package with the new receipt?
I am in the same situation. Regarding the application package, did you include the receipt and send the ones sent back to you? Thanks

Jan 14, 2019
App received: June 3rd
AOR: July 6th
OWP linked: Sept.6
Today (Sept 18) between 4h10 EST and 4h40 EST:

Moving from:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
to

It's moving forward.
Congratulations!
We submitted our application through a consultant and he hasn't linked the PR or OWP application online yet.

In our case, do you think he will be getting any emails regarding OWP in the interim, or will he receive an email only when a decision has been made on the OWP as well as on PR(Or interim asks?

Thanks!

emeakyl

Jul 7, 2019
The latest updates from our OWP:

around 2:30pm EST today (sept. 19), we went from:
to
September 18, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
and final decision moved to
September 19, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
30mn later, the status went from Application/profile updated to Approved

So we finally got the OWP today :) I will update the spreadsheet.

And so that you know, we figured out like 10 days after having sent the application with the PR application in June that we forgot to pay the OWP fees...
As advised here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-needed-forgot-to-pay-owp-fee.604046/ we used the IRCC webform to contact the visa office at the time in order to update/provide some documents.. it seems this process works.

Congratulations!
We submitted our application through a consultant and he hasn't linked the PR or OWP application online yet.

In our case, do you think he will be getting any emails regarding OWP in the interim, or will he receive an email only when a decision has been made on the OWP as well as on PR(Or interim asks?
Thanks!
We haven't used a consultant, so I can't answer your question. Maybe someone else on the forum?

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018

to
September 18, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
September 19, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

And so that you know, we figured out like 10 days after having sent the application with the PR application in June that we forgot to pay the OWP fees...
As advised here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-needed-forgot-to-pay-owp-fee.604046/ we used the IRCC webform to contact the visa office at the time in order to update/provide some documents.. it seems this process works.

We haven't used a consultant, so I can't answer your question. Maybe someone else on the forum?
Congrats!!

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019

to

Congratulations Were these updates through emails or in your account? Thanks for your reply.

linafolker

Jul 5, 2019
Hi there! I am actually from May but May 31th soooo almost June, for that I decided to post my timeline here as well and I am willing to help or answer any questions you have if I can. Today after more than 2 months of waiting I got my Open Work Permit.

Timeline:
Application sent: May 31th
AOR: July 5th
OWP: September 19th

So yeah I got it looooooong time after the AOR, so do not lose your hopes, do not despair. I was never able to link my open work permit application to my account NEVER. I gave up trying, I gave up checking the forums until today that I got an email from them. So best wishes for everybody!!!!

emeakyl

Jul 7, 2019
Congratulations Were these updates through emails or in your account? Thanks for your reply.
These updates came through the "IRCC secure account" - I made a bot that every 30min connects to the account and warns me when something has changed (hence my precise timings..). I will see how I can give this to the community.

I don't know if my wife got an email; she is not next to me right now, I will ask her later and update you.

Reactions: VanNOLA

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
These updates came through the "IRCC secure account" - I made a bot that every 30min connects to the account and warns me when something has changed (hence my precise timings..). I will see how I can give this to the community.

I don't know if my wife got an email; she is not next to me right now, I will ask her later and update you.
Thanks so much! Any direction is appreciated:). I spoke to an agent yesterday and she stated that the Officer is working on May 11 applicants. Not sure if this is accurate.

Poorva

Jul 22, 2017
Regina
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27/07/2019

How may years of OWP did you get?

Poorva

Jul 22, 2017
Regina
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27/07/2019
Congratulations!

Thanks!

Hi

I have also done my application through a lawyer. In terms of communication as he is your representative on your application he will get all of the communication e-mails.
As in terms of linking the applications the consultant can only link the PR application to check it online but, they cannot link the OWP but I'm sure he will get the approval email.

Reactions: DelhitoCanada19