+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Today I got my AIP, DM, and interview invite for Jan 23 (Calgary). Best Christmas present ever!!

Here’s my timeline....
App received:6/10
AOR: 7/16
Medical Request: 10/18
Exam: 10/22
Medical passed: 10/30
Background check: 12/11
Sponsor approval: 12/17
Request for proof of cohabitation:12/17 &12/20
AIP:12/23
DM:12/23
Interview invitation:12/23
Interview: 01/23

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! You’re almost there!
Congrats!

When you get invited to the landing interview, do you get to choose which location or do they choose for you?

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
Anyone here considering flagpoling when you get you copr? Instead of waiting for the interview from the nearest office, just cross the boarder. Any thoughts about it?

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
Omg omg omg guys! Nice Christmas gift for me and my husband we both just got separate email this morning that we passed eligibility! I can't believe it because I thought they're all in vacation for Christmas no one's working.
Congratulations!!! This is great news :D:D

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Anyone here considering flagpoling when you get you copr? Instead of waiting for the interview from the nearest office, just cross the boarder. Any thoughts about it?
I got my COPR at my landing interview, not before, so I couldn't flagpole. Idk if it's happened differently for other inland applicants, but I think I'm in the majority

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Hi, guys, can I ask one more thing?

Well, After my wife got the PR VISA (spousal Visa and I am the sponsor in Canada), I changed my address. And on her COPR she has my previous address. Do I need to change this COPR? Or I have to do nothing?

Thanks.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Guys, what are the next steps after you receive your OWP in the mail?
Do you have to go to service Canada to get your updated SIN number?
Then go to service Ontario for OHIP? What do we bring for proof of eligibility for OHIP?

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Guys, what are the next steps after you receive your OWP in the mail?
Do you have to go to service Canada to get your updated SIN number?
Then go to service Ontario for OHIP? What do we bring for proof of eligibility for OHIP?
With the OWP the PA can now apply for a SIN. From what I understand, this SIN would be temporary until the OWP expires or until PR status is granted, in which case the PA would need to apply for a permanent (or new one).

Also, the PA may be eligible for OHIP following receipt of OWP (in the case where the employer provides confirmation that the PA will be working in Ontario for a period of at least 6 months). Obtaining an AIP status (in letter form) would also make the PA eligible for OHIP without the employment condition.

Reactions: juliakristof

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Under 'Current status' it said 'application/profile updated' but nothing changed other than an added statement that reads "Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.".

Is this what they call a ghost update?

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Also we just went to service ontario to get the OHIP and they said our letter from the employer has to say 'will be employed for a minimum of 6 months'. This is so irritating because he has been working for this employer for over a year now and it says so on the letter!

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Under 'Current status' it said 'application/profile updated' but nothing changed other than an added statement that reads "Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.".

Yes sounds like it. I read in one of the forums that you can get up to three ghost updates

Reactions: juliakristof

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Also we just went to service ontario to get the OHIP and they said our letter from the employer has to say 'will be employed for a minimum of 6 months'. This is so irritating because he has been working for this employer for over a year now and it says so on the letter!
Yes like I noted, you need to have written proof that there will be employment for at least 6 months

ktmelic

May 30, 2019

This means they open your application/they're doing something. Base on my experience.

I applied for my owp last September 22 (3months after I passed my application). Since they can't grant me owp yet til my aip, application is on pause/waiting. Right after I got my aip on dec 24, I sent my aip copy on the webform for them to process my owp asap. I checked on the same day around 5pm, there's a "application/profile Updated" for my work permit. Nothing updated. But today, December 27 they approved my owp finally and its says that on review of eligibility: "December 24, 2019 your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see final decision now".

I also experienced 2 ghost updates for my PR application.

Reactions: Janice Bond