+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

wushdishmeen

Jun 7, 2019
Application sent: June 10
Application Received: June 12

Inland common law sponsorship in Montreal. I’m a US citizen. Really hoping it goes quickly as I can’t leave Canada to go back to New York and visit family until it’s approved due to an overstay. I applied once before under conjugal and we were refused after waiting over a year. I still have my CSQ from Quebec and included it so I’m hoping they’ll accept it as it’s still valid. But my gut feeling tells me I have to redo the Quebec undertaking again regardless which delays the process and costs more money.

I can’t seem to renew status now as it’s been a year and so I hold implied status while my app is processed. Apparently the public policy allows for common law to be exempt from needing valid status as long as they meet all other requirements (which we do!) and as long as I stay in Canada while waiting I should be ok. This was all new to me so it’s kind of scary as my life depends on staying here with my partner and her kids.

Wish I knew about this forum the first time around I would of had PR already by now.

Hopefully it all goes well. It will be such a weight lifted when this is done. Good luck to everyone!

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
I just sent mine in the mail today, with OWP I just hope that I’ve included everything.
The owp is 155? Right?
No it is 255. You have to have the OWP fee And the Holders fee. You need to get that sent out ASAP or call IRCC in the morning and explain your situation. You may be able to pay it and send a webform of your receipt.

It won't cause your PR application to be returned but it can cause your OWP to be returned.

Reactions: CristianFelipe

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
Application sent: June 10
Application Received: June 12

Inland common law sponsorship in Montreal. I’m a US citizen. Really hoping it goes quickly as I can’t leave Canada to go back to New York and visit family until it’s approved due to an overstay. I applied once before under conjugal and we were refused after waiting over a year. I still have my CSQ from Quebec and included it so I’m hoping they’ll accept it as it’s still valid. But my gut feeling tells me I have to redo the Quebec undertaking again regardless which delays the process and costs more money.

I can’t seem to renew status now as it’s been a year and so I hold implied status while my app is processed. Apparently the public policy allows for common law to be exempt from needing valid status as long as they meet all other requirements (which we do!) and as long as I stay in Canada while waiting I should be ok. This was all new to me so it’s kind of scary as my life depends on staying here with my partner and her kids.

Wish I knew about this forum the first time around I would of had PR already by now.

Hopefully it all goes well. It will be such a weight lifted when this is done. Good luck to everyone!
Did you have any status whatsoever when you applied? Going for PR via Spousal Sponsorship does not grant you implied status. The only way to get implied status (if your status was a visitor) is to apply for a work visa with the application while still maintaining a status once it reaches the mailroom. If your status falls after after that, then you'd under implied status. If you lost it and overstayed, you won't have any status whatsoever even after filing for PR.

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
Wait, how do I send it? When i went online that was the total they told me to pay. $1195

No it is 255. You have to have the OWP fee And the Holders fee. You need to get that sent out ASAP or call IRCC in the morning and explain your situation. You may be able to pay it and send a webform of your receipt.

It won't cause your PR application to be returned but it can cause your OWP to be returned.

wushdishmeen

Jun 7, 2019
Did you have any status whatsoever when you applied? Going for PR via Spousal Sponsorship does not grant you implied status. The only way to get implied status (if your status was a visitor) is to apply for a work visa with the application while still maintaining a status once it reaches the mailroom. If your status falls after after that, then you'd under implied status. If you lost it and overstayed, you won't have any status whatsoever even after filing for PR.
Just a visitor visa for a year that was valid while I was applying for permanent residence. It expired slightly before I was expecting to get PR but then was refused as it has to be a religious or border related reason that you can’t live together consecutively. I didn’t know what I was doing the first time and couldn’t afford a lawyer to help.

I don’t hold status as there seems to be no way to renew status at this point. All of the extended stay forms only allow you to pay to extend status if it’s only been 6 months overstay. So how would I get a work visa since they all ask for proof of valid status? Would applying for a work permit grant me status? I didn’t include it with the application because it again seemed impossible to fill out without valid status.

Public policy does seem to exempt you from needing status if you’re applying for common law and meet the requirements. So unless you know a way to extend status after an overstay I think that’s my only hope. It’s very stressful.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I've just completed the application! Whoa! I'm about to send it tomorrow via UPS. I'm glad that I can finally join this thread. :) Good luck everyone!

Application (will be sent): June 24, 2019.
Which address are you sending it to since you are using UPS?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Application sent June 6, 2019
Received June 7th, 2019

Currently worrying because I missed a fee on the Open Work Permit application, and status runs out August 2019. So hoping to hear about that soon!!!

Good luck to all my fellow June friends :)
You can pay and send receipt on webform

Reactions: CristianFelipe

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Wait, how do I send it? When i went online that was the total they told me to pay. $1195
I am guessing you paid right of permanent residence fee and 155 for the pep? If so, they sometimes tend to take the remaining required amount for work permit (100) and process your own application then refund the balance (so you would have to pay rprf again). However sometimes they don't do this and simply return your application.

Therefore the best would be to pay the 100 and send receipt on webform.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I am guessing you paid right of permanent residence fee and 155 for the pep? If so, they sometimes tend to take the remaining required amount for work permit (100) and process your own application then refund the balance (so you would have to pay rprf again). However sometimes they don't do this and simply return your application.

Therefore the best would be to pay the 100 and send receipt on webform.
We have extra information for IMM 5532 that asks "Is there any extra information to prove your relationship is genuine"... do we include that at the back of the form, or at the back of all the documents listed on the checklist?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We have extra information for IMM 5532 that asks "Is there any extra information to prove your relationship is genuine"... do we include that at the back of the form, or at the back of all the documents listed on the checklist?
I believe there is a space for that on the form. Part C question 11.

Reactions: K1w1