+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hi all. My wife and I had our test at the Scarborough location today. The process was fairly smooth and we were done within an hour. The test was quite easy (perhaps easier than what I thought). After the test, we were interviewed (very standard questions). The interviewer had a cursory look at the passport stamps and didn’t really match it with each absence listed in the application. We were then told that we should expected the oath invitation without 2-3 months (but he did say it could be sooner)....looking forward to this last step now!

Reactions: Snowisland

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
For those in Temporary IRCC Locations - the next set of visitation dates have now been posted. For example - the next Victoria dates are listed as MAY 2020 (details to follow). To find the dates - go to your browser and key in 'temporary IRCC locations'

destinyhope

Jan 8, 2020
Hi all. My wife and I had our test at the Scarborough location today. The process was fairly smooth and we were done within an hour. The test was quite easy (perhaps easier than what I thought). After the test, we were interviewed (very standard questions). The interviewer had a cursory look at the passport stamps and didn’t really match it with each absence listed in the application. We were then told that we should expected the oath invitation without 2-3 months (but he did say it could be sooner)....looking forward to this last step now!
Hi, i did my test at scarborough too on nov 29,2019 but i did not get an interview. Tho the officer told us that we will be notified by email for the oath date. Hopefully we’ll get notified within this month or next month

gigi86ns

Jul 24, 2015
Hey Team, question for people already attended test, I have test scheduled on FEB 15th, I am studying from Discover Canada and also practicing yourlibrary.ca test, can some of u who passed the test and used that quiz tell me are all the questions there or I can expect some different once? Thanks !!! Good luck to us all!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Updated list of temporar
For those in Temporary IRCC Locations - the next set of visitation dates have now been posted. For example - the next Victoria dates are listed as MAY 2020 (details to follow). To find the dates - go to your browser and key in 'temporary IRCC locations'
i don’t know what location I will be in, as I don’t have an invite, but Prince George is in my province and is six hours away, Vancouver is more like twelve hours away. Thanks for posting.

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hi, i did my test at scarborough too on nov 29,2019 but i did not get an interview. Tho the officer told us that we will be notified by email for the oath date. Hopefully we’ll get notified within this month or next month
Do you see ‘Decision Made’ on ecas yet. I just checked an it looks like our status changed overnight. Shows decision made for us

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
Hey Team, question for people already attended test, I have test scheduled on FEB 15th, I am studying from Discover Canada and also practicing yourlibrary.ca test, can some of u who passed the test and used that quiz tell me are all the questions there or I can expect some different once? Thanks !!! Good luck to us all!
Hi, I haven't found one single site that had even one question in the actual test. The questions in yourlibrary.ca are similar to the actual test regarding the difficulty. If you read the book twice, you'll see that you remember most of the information. There may be questions about information many people won't consider important for the test, e.g. the arts, but the majority of questions are really easy having read the book twice.

av24

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello everyone,
I got my test invite on January 24, 2020
My test was supposed to be on Feb 22, 2020.

Please update the calendar

I requested a reschedule because I was going to pick my wife who was going to come to Canada for the first time on the same date and same time.
How long do they take to issue another date?

Reactions: batterypk1

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016

cadguycad

Jul 4, 2019
We need to be realistic as readers see these posts. never has any month completed all processing in 7 or 8 months. so it is not realistic to hope 'everyone' gets an invite in February The standard process AVERAGE is 12 months. We have a good four months to go to even hit 80%
Actually it's not impossible at all to receive our oath invites this month. My AOR was June 10, 2019 and my friend's was June 12, 2019. I took the test on November 5th and she took hers on November 12th - but she got her oath invite first on Jan. 31, 2020 for a ceremony on February 13th. My application is in Scarborough and hers is in Mississauga.

Also, these are just non-urgent applications.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Updated list of temporar

i don’t know what location I will be in, as I don’t have an invite, but Prince George is in my province and is six hours away, Vancouver is more like twelve hours away. Thanks for posting.
Hey Snowisland!

I would bet money that your location will be PG. Vancouver is not a temporary office location and you will not be invited to Victoria unless you live on Van Island. My temp office is Parksville and I have received the test/interview invite for Feb 19th with a conditional oath date invite for the 21st as long as I pass the test!

Fingers crossed for you receiving an invite to PG in April

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Actually it's not impossible at all to receive our oath invites this month. My AOR was June 10, 2019 and my friend's was June 12, 2019. I took the test on November 5th and she took hers on November 12th - but she got her oath invite first on Jan. 31, 2020 for a ceremony on February 13th. My application is in Scarborough and hers is in Mississauga.

Also, these are just non-urgent applications.
Look at the historical data on the spreadsheet NEVER has 100% of all applicants been completed in 12 months The data speaks for itself

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Hey Snowisland!

I would bet money that your location will be PG. Vancouver is not a temporary office location and you will not be invited to Victoria unless you live on Van Island. My temp office is Parksville and I have received the test/interview invite for Feb 19th with a conditional oath date invite for the 21st as long as I pass the test!

Fingers crossed for you receiving an invite to PG in April
Thanks and congratulations to you! I’m nervous because we booked a vacation that’s not refundable to Hawaii in April. I know, not smart on my part. But, Prince George would be just an overnight trip and that would be better than going all the way to Vancouver or Surrey. Wish they had the dates instead of To be announced, so I could figure out if I’m still going on vacation. But I also want my citizenship. I want it all. LolLucky you, Parksville is nice.
I live in Fort St John where there’s four feet of snow from October thru April. But I do like it.

Last edited:

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Thanks and congratulations to you! I’m nervous because we booked a vacation that’s not refundable to Hawaii in April. I know, not smart on my part. But, Prince George would be just an overnight trip and that would be better than going all the way to Vancouver or Surrey. Lucky you, Parksville is nice.
I live in Fort St John.
Thanks! Yes Parksville is nice, I live North of Parksville so its still quite a bit of a drive but I too will take that over Victoria, Van or Surrey!
I see they haven't confirmed the exact dates for PG yet, keep your eyes on that as it will prob be confirmed next month. Hopefully it will be before or after your Hawaii trip. Good luck and safe travels!