+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>June 2019 AOR<<<<<<<Join here

wongkc123

Jun 19, 2019
I have a question on the final decision and the COPR mail returning time.

I got PPR back on December 23 2019 (AOR June 27). I sent all required documents to them by XpressPost on 23 December. Since then, I have not received anything yet. As of today, my CIC account has an update that says:
Latest update:
Final decision - January 7, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Is it normal to receive that message before receiving the COPR? And does that mean the COPR is on the way out?
(I am inland application and sent an additional XpressPost to them with tracking number. But that mail is not being found in Canada Post at this time)

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
I am residing outside Canada. Finding it difficult to reach IRCC. Do you know of how I could reach them ? It would really help. Thanks
You can download an app and purchase a Canada number on it. That’s how I did it as I currently reside in the Philippines. Skype and Google Dialer have been recommended on the forums as well. Unfortunately for me, I’m an Apple user with no access to Dialer and Skype may have those restrictions depending on location.

What worked for me hence was downloading TextMe from the App Store. I kept the number so I pay a monthly charge. I believe call plans are on weekly and monthly charges. So basically, I got a Canada number from this app and got on that app to call IRCC at +1(888)242-2100. I called them twice this way. I got updates I needed and then received PPR 2 weeks after my last call, 1 week before my 6th month.

hmusman79

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Aor - 19th June
FSW - Inland
VO - Sydeny
Since 14th August,
Eligibility - met
Criminality, Medical - passed
Security - not started

My 6 months mark has passed on 19th December and I called CIC to find out what is going on my application on the same day. The agent said no update since 14th August, and he made a note on my application to find out reasons for the delay. I called CIC today again, and the agent said she sees the notes but the officer has not replied yet and she told me it could take up to a month so she suggested me to wait till 24th Jan for the reply and If i don't have any reply by the time, I should call CIC again to ask them. It is so frustrating to wait for the endless process while seeing some people who applied after me are getting final decisions.
In same condition buddy with AOR of 22nd June.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Aor - 19th June
FSW - Inland
VO - Sydeny
Since 14th August,
Eligibility - met
Criminality, Medical - passed
Security - not started

My 6 months mark has passed on 19th December and I called CIC to find out what is going on my application on the same day. The agent said no update since 14th August, and he made a note on my application to find out reasons for the delay. I called CIC today again, and the agent said she sees the notes but the officer has not replied yet and she told me it could take up to a month so she suggested me to wait till 24th Jan for the reply and If i don't have any reply by the time, I should call CIC again to ask them. It is so frustrating to wait for the endless process while seeing some people who applied after me are getting final decisions.
In same condition buddy with AOR of 22nd June.
@Jeong and @hmusman79, same thing here!
FSW-Inland, AOR is June 19th. According to GCMS notes, the file hasn't been updated since Aug 15th.
I tried to call on Jan 7th, but I could't reach any agent and the line got disconnected after a while.
My strategy now is to call or send webform every week until I have some news.

Reactions: bekayy

ArviP91

Dec 3, 2019
You can download an app and purchase a Canada number on it. That’s how I did it as I currently reside in the Philippines. Skype and Google Dialer have been recommended on the forums as well. Unfortunately for me, I’m an Apple user with no access to Dialer and Skype may have those restrictions depending on location.

What worked for me hence was downloading TextMe from the App Store. I kept the number so I pay a monthly charge. I believe call plans are on weekly and monthly charges. So basically, I got a Canada number from this app and got on that app to call IRCC at +1(888)242-2100. I called them twice this way. I got updates I needed and then received PPR 2 weeks after my last call, 1 week before my 6th month.
Thanks for the response

Reactions: phl2019

immigrant22

Jan 3, 2020
Hi,
June 20 AOR
Just got off the call with IRCC.
They told me my Eligibility status is stated as "review required" and my VO is Montreal.
Criminal - Passes
Background - In progress
Anybody knows how long it would take ?

Thanks.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi,
June 20 AOR
Just got off the call with IRCC.
They told me my Eligibility status is stated as "review required" and my VO is Montreal.
Criminal - Passes
Background - In progress
Anybody knows how long it would take ?

Thanks.
It is hard to tell without knowing the reason for the review. Did you try getting GCMS notes? It might indicate why there's a review required, so you can upload additional documentation to help them understand your situation before they ask for another support document.

Last edited:

ComingforCa

Dec 30, 2019
FSW-O
AOR June 22
Passed Medicals July 24
Fingerprints Aug 6
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started
Eligibility: Not started
VO: Montreal
Based in the USA

Hey guys, trying to be hopeful but the waiting is hard. My brother lives in Canada and i wanted to visit him this past December for Christmas. I applied for a visitors visa and got denied on the basis that I wouldn't return to my country after the visit. So my question is, should i update my application to let them know that i was denied a visa?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Finally got the Ready for Visa Mail

Timeline :
NOC - 2274
CRS - 465 ( Single Applicant)
ITA - 1st May 2019
AOR - 28th June 2019
VO - Ottawa
MEP/BIL - 26th July 2019
Biometrics Completed - 31st July 2019
BGC Status Change ("We are Processing Your Background" to "Your Application is in Progress") - 15th November 2019
ADR 1 (CV, Supplementary Student Form, Singapore PCC, and Seafarers Book) - Submitted on 13th December 2019
ADR 2 ( Schedule A) - Submitted on 24th December 2019
BGC Status Change ("Your application is in Progress" to "We Are Processing Your Background") - 31st December 2019
1st GU - 6th January 2020
2nd GU - 8th January 2020
PPR - 09th January 2020

Last edited:

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Finally got the Ready for Visa Mail

Timeline :
NOC - 2274
CRS - 465 ( Single Applicant)
ITA - 1st May 2019
AOR - 28th June 2019
VO - Ottawa
MEP/BIL - 26th July 2019
Biometrics Completed - 31st July 2019
BGC Status Change ("We are Processing Your Background" to "Your Application is in Progress") - 15th November 2019
ADR 1 (CV, Supplementary Student Form, Singapore PCC, and Seafarers Book) - Submitted on 13th December 2019
ADR 2 ( Schedule A) - Submitted on 24th December 2019
BGC Status Change ("Your application is in Progress" to "We Are Processing Your Background") - 31st December 2019
1st GU - 6th January 2020
2nd GU - 8th January 2020
PPR - 09th January 2020
Congratulations!

immigrant22

Jan 3, 2020
It is hard to tell without knowing the reason for the review. Did you try getting GCMS notes? It might indicate why there's a review required, so you can upload additional documentation to help them understand your situation before they ask for another support document.
yes I did request for my GCMS, but I got an email from my agent recently that they were asked 90 days more for processing my request.
So I'm confused right now. can I ask them in call what documents are needed ?

Rupinder1986

Dec 24, 2019
I called IRCC today. They said my file is in Sydney, Nova scotia office and eligibility is under final review by second officer. BG is under process. Can someone explain what does that means. BG on application says we are processing.........
AOR 21st June.
Hi!!!
Have you received any update?
Mine AOR is also june2019