+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>June 2019 AOR<<<<<<<Join here

camshadow

Jun 18, 2019
Hello friends!

I am in Canada right now and I received my AOR on June 7, 2019.
Also, I have a work permit now.

Now I want to do a part-time PhD program, but I don't know whether I can be issued a study permit.
I know International students may not be issued study permit for part-time study,
but I don't know whether I could have one with my current situation, I mean, I have the AOR now.

Thanks!

bsain

Nov 26, 2018
India
Category........
I got the AOR on 15th June 2019. Let’s see how long this takes for us..

I am little confused about biometrics. Can someone please explain when do we need to submit biometrics? Do we need to book the appointment proactively or will there be an update from IRCC and only after that we can schedule an appointment?

pradhi21

Jun 4, 2019

I am little confused about biometrics. Can someone please explain when do we need to submit biometrics? Do we need to book the appointment proactively or will there be an update from IRCC and only after that we can schedule an appointment?
My consultant mentioned that there will be a notification to submit that. My AOR is also on 15th. so far no updated for biometrics.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Once you receive Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL), you need to schedule an appointment at Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) nearest to you. On scheduled date, need to carry BIL, passport, appointment letter etc and give your fingerprints. So yes, you need to have an update from IRCC to visit CVAC.

Reactions: phl2019

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Once you receive Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL), you need to schedule an appointment at Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) nearest to you. On scheduled date, need to carry BIL, passport, appointment letter etc and give your fingerprints. So yes, you need to have an update from IRCC to visit CVAC.
What if we're not in the country where we originally applied from? I'm going to be on a vacation and I don't expect to be back for a month after my expected date of receipt of BIL. Will delay in submitting biometrics affect our processing times? Also, there are biometrics collection centers in the country I'm visiting, should I instead book appointment there? However, I won't be able to return to redo biometrics there once I'm back from vacation.

pradhi21

Jun 4, 2019
What if we're not in the country where we originally applied from? I'm going to be on a vacation and I don't expect to be back for a month after my expected date of receipt of BIL. Will delay in submitting biometrics affect our processing times? Also, there are biometrics collection centers in the country I'm visiting, should I instead book appointment there? However, I won't be able to return to redo biometrics there once I'm back from vacation.
I do not know about the options of able to give biometrics at a different place, but I read that biometrics is the start of the process. Once biometrics are done, the application processing starts. If that is the case, yes your application process may get delayed if biometrics is delayed. I could be wrong.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I do not know about the options of able to give biometrics at a different place, but I read that biometrics is the start of the process. Once biometrics are done, the application processing starts. If that is the case, yes your application process may get delayed if biometrics is delayed. I could be wrong.
Check this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1420&top=3

For most permanent resident applicants:
The time it takes you to give your biometrics is included in the application processing time.

I think 6 months processing time includes time for biometrics.

Reactions: ibtee

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Add me to whats app group .. ITA received on 12 JUNE
+966544192624
@legalfalcon

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Check this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1420&top=3

For most permanent resident applicants:
The time it takes you to give your biometrics is included in the application processing time.

I think 6 months processing time includes time for biometrics.
Thanks. Does your BIL give exactly one month i.e. 19 Jul 2019 as the date by which you have to submit biometrics? Any other instructions/ information in that letter?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks. Does your BIL give exactly one month i.e. 19 Jul 2019 as the date by which you have to submit biometrics? Any other instructions/ information in that letter?
That's right. I have time till 19th July 2019 to complete biometrics. The letter is self explanatory. You can always come on this forum for doubts/clarifications :)