+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi guys, sorry for hijacking. I sent in my application two weeks ago and it was delivered last week. As far as I know, I now have to wait roughly 2 months for the first e-mail from CIC statiting that my application has in fact been received?

I should not have received any other form of confirmation right?

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Hi guys, sorry for hijacking. I sent in my application two weeks ago and it was delivered last week. As far as I know, I now have to wait roughly 2 months for the first e-mail from CIC statiting that my application has in fact been received?

I should not have received any other form of confirmation right?
Well, I had several changes on my application and never got any message from IRCC; I think it could take some 60 to 90 days to get any kind of message from them. The first one should be the AOR1, which is them saying: "we got your application, opened it and there is nothing missing" :)

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Well, I had several changes on my application and never got any message from IRCC; I think it could take some 60 to 90 days to get any kind of message from them. The first one should be the AOR1, which is them saying: "we got your application, opened it and there is nothing missing" :)
Thank you. Is there anything I should do in the mean time? I cannot register for any updates or anything right? Need to get an ID from them first...

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Thank you. Is there anything I should do in the mean time? I cannot register for any updates or anything right? Need to get an ID from them first...
Now the waiting begins, my friend! And trust me, it is rather upsetting often times... the fact that you don't know whether they started to evaluate your application of not... thinking that they might have sent the application back (even though you know you checked everything 4 times)... it can be quite overwhelming... be patient, is a good piece of advice for you right now :)
I started trying to link my paper application to my online account after 60 days since my application was received. Finally, after 81 days I successfully got it linked. I guess the case processing centre in Sydney is catching up a good speed now, so it could take less time for you to receive some news about your application.
Best of luck for you!

hope545

Sep 17, 2018
Hi, I wanted to know if there is anyone else out there that is in the same situation as me. My spousal sponsorship file was sent in mid May 2018, I have been waiting since then. Is there any applicants from May who are still waiting on their file number and status (AOR)? It has been over 100 days and I seriously do not know what I should do, I am very frustrated at this point. Please, if you are a May or even June 2018 applicant then please share your thoughts and let me know as it would really help me out.
Thank you

Dhara Bhatt

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, I wanted to know if there is anyone else out there that is in the same situation as me. My spousal sponsorship file was sent in mid May 2018, I have been waiting since then. Is there any applicants from May who are still waiting on their file number and status (AOR)? It has been over 100 days and I seriously do not know what I should do, I am very frustrated at this point. Please, if you are a May or even June 2018 applicant then please share your thoughts and let me know as it would really help me out.
Thank you
I am June 2018 applicant and nothing get yet. Some June of 2018 got their medical completed. I guess we all get our very soon hopefully!

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Thank you
Hi there,
Did you try to link your application to your GCKey account? I didn't get any AOR, and yesterday I've got to know that my application was received, they started processing it on September 13th and I believe that yesterday my wife got approved as sponsor (no e-mail, but we checked on ECAS).
If you don't know how to do it, the link below has the step-by-step to do so:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

hope545

Sep 17, 2018
Hi there,
Did you try to link your application to your GCKey account? I didn't get any AOR, and yesterday I've got to know that my application was received, they started processing it on September 13th and I believe that yesterday my wife got approved as sponsor (no e-mail, but we checked on ECAS).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
Thank you for letting me know, Im not too sure what GCKey is but I’ll follow the link and check it out.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Now the waiting begins, my friend! And trust me, it is rather upsetting often times... the fact that you don't know whether they started to evaluate your application of not... thinking that they might have sent the application back (even though you know you checked everything 4 times)... it can be quite overwhelming... be patient, is a good piece of advice for you right now :)
I started trying to link my paper application to my online account after 60 days since my application was received. Finally, after 81 days I successfully got it linked. I guess the case processing centre in Sydney is catching up a good speed now, so it could take less time for you to receive some news about your application.
Best of luck for you!
Thank you! When you say you tried to link your paper app to your online account, how do you create the online account to start with? Do I first need to get the case number and then wait 80 days after AOR to link the app? So basically an estimated 60 days plus another 80 days then my app is linked? Sorry for all the questions.

Dhara Bhatt

Aug 29, 2018
Hi there,
I did that but they don't have information about my file there is no updates on GCKey..:(