+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
This advice is not real. As a Sponsor (Canadian Citizen or PR) you can travel wherever you want. As long as you maintain residency in Canada.
I believe that the only requirement is to keep your address updated with CIC, because what if you and your sponsor/PA need to move around for a longer period of time, let's say 6 or 7 months?

as10

Jan 9, 2018
I might be able to help with this!
So, I live in Canada, and recently submitted application to sponsor my wife (who lives in Morocco).
On Page 1 of the application (The Checklist), it clearly instructs you to send to Mississauga if your spouse lives abroad.
However, when you return to the CIC website IN MANY PLACES, it tell you to send application to Nova Scotia if your wife lives abroad.
Now, if you did what I did, and followed the checklist down to the last detail, and already sent it to Mississauga !

So, after I regained composure,
I visited the CIC website, went to the Contact section (you need an UCI or client number or whatever they call it to send a message, but you can just enter 0000000, 0 seven times, it worked!)
After a few weeks, they replied to my worries and said "yes your application has been received, it will be processed in the order you applied, you will be contacted should we require further yada yada yada"

So yes, if your spouse lives abroad, like mine does, I sent to Mississauga, and they received it.
Very stupid that they have conflicting directions!
I cant get your method to work, the 7 zeros. I get this error when I check for
Client Application Status

This form is incomplete. Please provide the necessary information below, then send your request again.

1. Client ID Number/Unique Client Identifier has four (4) numbers, a hyphen (-), and four (4) more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000).

chloet

Jul 11, 2018
Application Received on June 1.

AOR 1 July 10.

Medical Exam Request July 16.

Medical exam July 17.

Sponsor Approval July 17.

Still wondering what happens next..

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hey guys,

I just talked to their agent on phone and she said they returned my application for some reasons and I have to wait for the package to arrive in order to know whats wrong. Feeling disappointed! If someone can show what next steps that would be really helpful. My plan is to start fresh again.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey guys,

I just talked to their agent on phone and she said they returned my application for some reasons and I have to wait for the package to arrive in order to know whats wrong. Feeling disappointed! If someone can show what next steps that would be really helpful. My plan is to start fresh again.
Next steps will be to fix whatever is wrong and resend.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hey guys,

I’m sorry to read that!! When was your application received??

june2018

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
01/06/2018
Doc's Request.
16-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-07-2018
File Transfer...
20-11-2018
Med's Request
16-07-2018
Med's Done....
17-07-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2019
LANDED..........
20-06-2019
Application Received on June 1.

AOR 1 July 10.

Medical Exam Request July 16.

Medical exam July 17.

Sponsor Approval July 17.

Still wondering what happens next..
I have the exact same timeline as you except I got AOR on June 11. We did the medical yesterday and they advised us that it will be uploaded today. I think the next step is that they will transfer it to the PA VO and start the background check and then we will receive PPR. Good luck!

Reactions: chloet

Ayyyrab

Jul 16, 2018
Hey guys,

could you please share the phone number you used to contact?
I've had trouble finding a contact number.

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Hey guys,

I am sorry about it... At least you can see what you have done right and solve whatever things were missing or not clear enough and try again! I think instead starting fresh, you should just fix what is to be fixed... this way you know that you're not wasting time on things that were good for them!

All the best and keep it on!

Reactions: dinodn

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
I am sorry about it... At least you can see what you have done right and solve whatever things were missing or not clear enough and try again! I think instead starting fresh, you should just fix what is to be fixed... this way you know that you're not wasting time on things that were good for them!

All the best and keep it on!
Thanks for the message friend. I will try that way if there is an option to correct and send the same again. However, since the application forms have been updated on cic website last month not sure whether I need to follow the new procedure or not. Waiting for the package to arrive. Thanks again.

Reactions: Lobato