+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

noonnabi

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
So I went back and tracked my application.
I was delivered June 13th.
And again, via the Contact section of the CIC website, I received a response confirming that it was received.
But no AOR or any official receipt or correspondence yet...
That's not uncommon or unusual. I read in another thread that June 4 applicants have started getting AOR. Give it some time.

Reactions: laineyq
Jul 16, 2018
i spoke to cic right now, asking them if they got my application, since i sent it to cic-m instead of cic-s, the officer was so nice, he took my personal information along with my wifes name and dob, he confirmed to me that the application was received on june 19 and its already in cic-s. he said i should get an email soon with aor, as my email was updated recently in their system.
Can you please provide me with a contact number to speak to cic. I have been trying but no one answers. I sent sponsorship file of my husband living in india to Mississauga instead of nova scotia on 13th june. I need to know what should I do now?!

alidis

Jun 21, 2017
Application received 26/6 (Sydney)
No AOR to date
Hopefully, after AOR, our application will be sent to Rome VO

Good luck to everyone

Reactions: Lobato

Ayyyrab

Jul 16, 2018
Can you please provide me with a contact number to speak to cic. I have been trying but no one answers. I sent sponsorship file of my husband living in india to Mississauga instead of nova scotia on 13th june. I need to know what should I do now?!
I might be able to help with this!
So, I live in Canada, and recently submitted application to sponsor my wife (who lives in Morocco).
On Page 1 of the application (The Checklist), it clearly instructs you to send to Mississauga if your spouse lives abroad.
However, when you return to the CIC website IN MANY PLACES, it tell you to send application to Nova Scotia if your wife lives abroad.
Now, if you did what I did, and followed the checklist down to the last detail, and already sent it to Mississauga !

So, after I regained composure,
I visited the CIC website, went to the Contact section (you need an UCI or client number or whatever they call it to send a message, but you can just enter 0000000, 0 seven times, it worked!)
After a few weeks, they replied to my worries and said "yes your application has been received, it will be processed in the order you applied, you will be contacted should we require further yada yada yada"

So yes, if your spouse lives abroad, like mine does, I sent to Mississauga, and they received it.
Very stupid that they have conflicting directions!

Ayyyrab

Jul 16, 2018
ha small world ! mine was received June 13th !
Good luck on this crazy journey !

Reactions: priyankamistry
Jul 16, 2018
I might be able to help with this!
So, I live in Canada, and recently submitted application to sponsor my wife (who lives in Morocco).
On Page 1 of the application (The Checklist), it clearly instructs you to send to Mississauga if your spouse lives abroad.
However, when you return to the CIC website IN MANY PLACES, it tell you to send application to Nova Scotia if your wife lives abroad.
Now, if you did what I did, and followed the checklist down to the last detail, and already sent it to Mississauga !

So, after I regained composure,
I visited the CIC website, went to the Contact section (you need an UCI or client number or whatever they call it to send a message, but you can just enter 0000000, 0 seven times, it worked!)
After a few weeks, they replied to my worries and said "yes your application has been received, it will be processed in the order you applied, you will be contacted should we require further yada yada yada"

So yes, if your spouse lives abroad, like mine does, I sent to Mississauga, and they received it.
Very stupid that they have conflicting directions!
Thank you, that is helpful, let's wait!

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Hi Friends,

qq please, Can sponsor travel to another country after submitting the sponsorship application?. I was planning to go to US this weekend and my application has been received in sydney office today.

may be a silly question. just curious.

Thanks in advance

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

qq please, Can sponsor travel to another country after submitting the sponsorship application?. I was planning to go to US this weekend and my application has been received in sydney office today.

Thanks in advance
Yes, you can go travel anywhere, but you have keep tracking ur app :)

Reactions: boomshanker

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance
No travel restrictions what so ever for the sponsor.

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance
i think not more than 1 or 2 weeks , do recheck before moving out . sponsor should stay in CA for goodness of process