+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

amar dhillon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
When I logged in with GCkey I don't see option for sponsorship when I try to link my application.
It asks me for what program did you apply for and options are Electronic Travel Authorization, Interim Federal Health Program, Permanent residence, Permanent residence card, Temporary residence

Can you please help me where to find this?
Select permanent residence

cua11

Oct 13, 2018
I got correspondence that my file has been transferred to my local VO. I have not got my medicals request yet, but already have AOR1 and SA. Can someone pls explain to me why its different from others. I thought all applications are processed in Sydney or Mississauga .

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
I got correspondence that my file has been transferred to my local VO. I have not got my medicals request yet, but already have AOR1 and SA. Can someone pls explain to me why its different from others. I thought all applications are processed in Sydney or Mississauga .
Congratulations! That's actually normal. Once the sponsor side of the application has been finished processing, the majority of applications are then forwarded to the PA's local VO. The local VO is basically the Canadian Embassy in that country.

Applications from US citizens are, primarily, processed in CPC-M as well as applications that are deemed easy and straightforward (as per the agent I got in contact with).

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Wow mine was sent 18th September 2018 and up till date no response from them. I sent through webform and email. It’s more than a month no response
When was your application delivered there? Maybe you sent the webform too early on the process... Or maybe I just got lucky :)

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
44 days now since BGC and Eligibility started and no MR... the wait is really stressfull, even more now that I have a transfer within my company just waiting for my PR status o_Oo_O

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
44 days now since BGC and Eligibility started and no MR... the wait is really stressfull, even more now that I have a transfer within my company just waiting for my PR status o_Oo_O
I am April applicant and file was transferred to London Visa Office in July 10. I sent out my Quebec certificate obtained 18 September 2018.

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
I am April applicant and file was transferred to London Visa Office in July 10. I sent out my Quebec certificate obtained 18 September 2018.
Yeah, you're waiting way longer than I am. Are you on BGC too? Did you do your medical exams yet?

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Medical done since June before file transferred in July.
When did you applied and when was your file trasfered
I am a June 27th applicant and my file is in Sydney still (since I didn't get any correspondence stating that my file was transferred). No medical request yet, just SA and eligibility and BGC in process.

ECAS has just one line:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 27, 2018.

Last edited:

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
I am a June 27th applicant and my file is in Sydney still (since I didn't get any correspondence stating that my file was transferred). No medical request yet, just SA and eligibility and BGC in process.

ECAS has just one line:
Oh ok

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018

ECAS has just one line:
Does you BGC line on GCKey say "We are processing your background check..." or is it "Your application is being processed..."?

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Does you BGC line on GCKey say "We are processing your background check..." or is it "Your application is being processed..."?
Under BGC: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
and on eligibility "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
Under medical: "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Under BGC: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
and on eligibility "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
Nice. Congrats. :)

We're waiting for our BGC to start as well. I shouldn't be too impatient, but I can't help it. :p

Reactions: Lobato

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Nice. Congrats. :)

We're waiting for our BGC to start as well. I shouldn't be too impatient, but I can't help it. :p
I know the feeling! heheheh... even more that I didn't get the MR so far hauhsauhauss... but hopefully it will be the last stage of the process :):)

Reactions: Synoptic