+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

natashabalani

Aug 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I'm in the same boat. June 11th applicant, no SA or anything. Last step was medical in beginning of February then nothing after that. Been stuck on background check some time after I passed the medical...
Stuck on the background check as well, seems like our timeline will be the same. Lets keep our fingers crossed and update if there's an update !

Ka_al

Mar 25, 2019
Ahhh gotcha. Thanks!

Do you think I should email them and let them know now even though my side is still in process? I'm guessing DM on my side is next and then interview invite... I'm just worried they will put me in Van whereas I'll be in Calgary all summer.
I think you should tell them. Because the interview depend on the place that you are living. My application was processed in Vancouver but Etobicoke gave me the letter for the landing.
I was reading that Vancouver is slower than other places. You might get it faster in Calgary. However, that's just my opinion. I would recommend you to read more because if you move you have to change the address on your driver's license or any other ID because they ask for two pieces of ID for the interview so keep in mind those times too.

bribriman

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
I think you should tell them. Because the interview depend on the place that you are living. My application was processed in Vancouver but Etobicoke gave me the letter for the landing.
I was reading that Vancouver is slower than other places. You might get it faster in Calgary. However, that's just my opinion. I would recommend you to read more because if you move you have to change the address on your driver's license or any other ID because they ask for two pieces of ID for the interview so keep in mind those times too.
Thanks for the advice! And congrats to you and your spouse! :)

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Movement at last. A message from my lawyer:

"Hi B----,

Please find the attached correspondence from the IRCC regarding your application stating that you have met the eligibility requirements as a common-law partner and that S---- has met the eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

The correspondences also state that you can proceed to pay for the right of permanent residence fee."

So where does this place us? Does this count as Decision Made or even AIP? I don't have OHIP and know that I can start applying once AIP is in the picture.

natashabalani

Aug 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I'm assuming it was a relationship interview? They asked each of us really basic questions, like "what is your marital status?", "what's your address?", "how many bedrooms/bathrooms in your house" etc. I just wasn't sure why we were selected, or what the process is like afterwards?

He completed and passed his Medical earlier in February but nothing has changed since. They have not started to review our eligibility yet.
My sponsor and I got the same call today. I wonder what's next. Did you get any updates after your call ?

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Movement at last. A message from my lawyer:

"Hi B----,

Please find the attached correspondence from the IRCC regarding your application stating that you have met the eligibility requirements as a common-law partner and that S---- has met the eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

The correspondences also state that you can proceed to pay for the right of permanent residence fee."

So where does this place us? Does this count as Decision Made or even AIP? I don't have OHIP and know that I can start applying once AIP is in the picture.
This is AIP (not DM). Congrats!! Yep, if you are in Ontario, you can apply for OHIP with the AIP letter.

I am also June 21st applicant. Fingers crossed to hear sth soon! If you don't mind me asking, where is the main applicant from?

natashabalani

Aug 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Stuck on the background check as well, seems like our timeline will be the same. Lets keep our fingers crossed and update if there's an update !
update- they called both me and my sponsor today for a mini phone interview- basic questions.

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
This is AIP (not DM). Congrats!! Yep, if you are in Ontario, you can apply for OHIP with the AIP letter.

I am also June 21st applicant. Fingers crossed to hear sth soon! If you don't mind me asking, where is the main applicant from?
Main applicant is from Ireland. I just noticed in the attached letter that it says this:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

does this still mean AIP? If so, I'm over the moon!

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Main applicant is from Ireland. I just noticed in the attached letter that it says this:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

does this still mean AIP? If so, I'm over the moon!
Yes :) for OHIP you should take the print of the email that addresses the main applicant.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
My number is changed so do i have to provide the new number to them?
My spouse has changed her number but i didnt update as they have my number in service ans my representative number
I dont know if they call but if they do they will try mine too and i will tell them that time
But we should update the number ASAP
its required

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
No updates regarding the phone calls, but on March 20 my husband received a request to provide more proof of cohabitation. We've gathered all of the documents and are submitting them tomorrow. I hope we are close to the end of this process!
Did they ask deep questions or just asked about general info?