+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I received phone call interview too.. got DM on both sides . SA, AIP, and pre arrival letter for my daughter already received. Are they usually do this? Is that a relationship interview? Why they never do it before the DM?
Phone call interviews seem to be more of a quality control kind of thing. If they had serious concerns there would definitely be an in-person interview.

Reactions: Nicleb

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I went to my landing interview at the Etobicoke office yesterday morning and successfully landed and got my PR. We arrived an hour earlier than our scheduled interview and they still allowed us to check in at reception. After waiting for maybe 20 mins we went to a window. I brought everything that the letter requested I bring and I also brought my husband's (sponsor) passport just in case. I am glad I did because the woman asked for two sets of IDs and both of our passports. The woman at the window just asked my husband what he did for a living, asked me the basic questions about criminality, what I did for a living, and for the date of my last entry into Canada. And that was basically it! I just signed the paperwork, became a PR and was told that it will take 8/10 weeks to get my pr card in the mail.

I just wanted to add that the landing interview appointment letter was received through email (sent to the sponsor) and not through any of the online services. Also my application stopped updating at reviewing eligibility and processing background check until I finally landed.

Anyways, I know the wait is frustrating but no news is often good news. Good luck everyone!!
Congrats. When did you applied ur application? I mean which date in june?

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Is it an option? To send the medical form without a request? How did you send it?

June 26 applicant. SA but no med request STILL! Like jeez its almost April.
I saw on my SA it was from Montreal Hub. We are in Alberta and sent our application to Mississauga. Weird.
Web form

Ka_al

Mar 25, 2019
Hello,
I have been reading your comments while I was waiting for my results and I would like to share my time line.

I applied for PR inland sponsorship on June 8
Application received on July 24
Starting processing application on July 23
Medical exams February 8
Decision made sponsor March 5
Decision made principal applicant March 6
Landing interview letter March 25
Interview appointment April 5

Congratulations to all of you that already got the PR and for those who are still waiting I wish you nothing but the best, just be patient.

andygps

May 29, 2018
Its frustrating ! I am a June 14th inland applicant- already received my Medical Request but no SA as yet.
I'm in the same boat. June 11th applicant, no SA or anything. Last step was medical in beginning of February then nothing after that. Been stuck on background check some time after I passed the medical...

Reactions: natashabalani

bribriman

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hello,
I have been reading your comments while I was waiting for my results and I would like to share my time line.

I applied for PR inland sponsorship on June 8
Application received on July 24
Starting processing application on July 23
Medical exams February 8
Decision made sponsor March 5
Decision made principal applicant March 6
Landing interview letter March 25
Interview appointment April 5

Congratulations to all of you that already got the PR and for those who are still waiting I wish you nothing but the best, just be patient.
When did they tell you the location of the interview?

I want to email them to see if I can change my landing location (my partner and I will be moving to another province very soon) but not sure when I should. I only have DM on sponsor side, and eligibility passed on my side. Don't want to be presumptuous and ask for a location change now...

Ka_al

Mar 25, 2019
When did they tell you the location of the interview?

I want to email them to see if I can change my landing location (my partner and I will be moving to another province very soon) but not sure when I should. I only have DM on sponsor side, and eligibility passed on my side. Don't want to be presumptuous and ask for a location change now...
I live in Toronto so as far as I know if you live in Toronto your location is going to be Etobicoke and it says in the email the exact location. I have the interview next week and they sent me the letter yesterday so if you are planning to move without telling them make sure you can go back for the interview.

lorelli

Sep 4, 2018
Hey guys!

Do you know what to expect at landing interview? Will they ask sponsor anything as well?
They will ask the sponsor what they do for a living and they will ask if they agree to be financially responsible for the PA for the next three years. The questions are very simple , seems like they are just verifying information

bribriman

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
I live in Toronto so as far as I know if you live in Toronto your location is going to be Etobicoke and it says in the email the exact location. I have the interview next week and they sent me the letter yesterday so if you are planning to move without telling them make sure you can go back for the interview.
Ahhh gotcha. Thanks!

Do you think I should email them and let them know now even though my side is still in process? I'm guessing DM on my side is next and then interview invite... I'm just worried they will put me in Van whereas I'll be in Calgary all summer.

Nicleb

Sep 25, 2018
I'm in the same boat. June 11th applicant, no SA or anything. Last step was medical in beginning of February then nothing after that. Been stuck on background check some time after I passed the medical...
We are also in the same position. I have not received SA yet. I did just notice that they started processing my husband's background check though. We also have to send more documents to provide proof of cohabitation by tomorrow (we've been gathering a lot!) Really hoping it will be enough. Can't wait for this process to be over!

Reactions: sarkhan9229