+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

L.arash

Jan 26, 2015
Hi All,
App received: June 27
AOR: August 7
Current status : we have started processing your application
I have not applied for the OWP , does anyone know what would be the next step for me?

L.arash

Jan 26, 2015
Medicals are only valid for a year, so you may still need to do another one.
Did medical last winter, my medical status says " it's not needed"
wondering about the "not applicable" status for Background check, any idea?

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Did medical last winter, my medical status says " it's not needed"
wondering about the "not applicable" status for Background check, any idea?
It may still change. It says not needed, because it has not been requested, within THIS application, as yet.
Mine says not needed at the moment, and I have never done one. It will be requested of me eventually, and that is when this status will change.
If they reach the point where they would normally request, and your old medical is still valid, the status would likely change to 'completed'. Or they will request a new one, or even a copy of the old one.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
So now that my wife has her OWP and extended eTA, is all she needs is her passport to re-enter the country if we decide to drive across the boarder?

She has received her document in the mail as well

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
So now that my wife has her OWP and extended eTA, is all she needs is her passport to re-enter the country if we decide to drive across the boarder?

She has received her document in the mail as well
She will have to show her passport and work permit at the border. eTA is only required for flying into Canada but it doesn't matter since her passport is proof of her eTA and she'll need that anyway.

Re-entry is almost certain but not 100 percent so be aware of that. Make sure to declare any goods you bring back from the US, even if they are of small value. Most likely they will be lenient anyway, but it's better to not give them any reason to be suspicious.

Also, don't plan long trips to the US. With an inland application you are supposed to stay in Canada during the process. Small trips will not cause problems. Long trips (say 3 weeks+) may cause some issues.

Reactions: RJ8812

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
She will have to show her passport and work permit at the border. eTA is only required for flying into Canada but it doesn't matter since her passport is proof of her eTA and she'll need that anyway.

Re-entry is almost certain but not 100 percent so be aware of that. Make sure to declare any goods you bring back from the US, even if they are of small value. Most likely they will be lenient anyway, but it's better to not give them any reason to be suspicious.

Also, don't plan long trips to the US. With an inland application you are supposed to stay in Canada during the process. Small trips will not cause problems. Long trips (say 3 weeks+) may cause some issues.
Thanks for the response. We live near the boarder, so we would only be taking short trips into the US right now anyways (max weekend length, likely just day trips).

On the OWP document that she received, at the bottom it says that "this does not authorize re-entry," I'm assuming this is referring to what you said about re-entry not being guaranteed?

Reactions: andybc

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the response. We live near the boarder, so we would only be taking short trips into the US right now anyways (max weekend length, likely just day trips).

On the OWP document that she received, at the bottom it says that "this does not authorize re-entry," I'm assuming this is referring to what you said about re-entry not being guaranteed?
Yes, exactly. Only Citizens and PRs have the privilege of guaranteed re-entry if they meet the ID requirements at the border.

Also, it won't hurt to bring documentation of your active PR sponsorship application. A print out of the MyCIC account showing app status and app number should be enough.

Reactions: RJ8812