+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Same dates exactly... still waiting, I don’t know for how long more,, it’s really ridiculous...
I know. Technically according to CIC timelines, we are still well within the 4 month period, but its been very hard for my husband. Not working and waiting and waiting. It makes it harder actually with others on the group getting their permits. I am happy for all, don't get me wrong. But people whos apps were after ours got their permits like a week, some two weeks ago...

If nothing arrives by mid October we are going to call.

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I know. Technically according to CIC timelines, we are still well within the 4 month period, but its been very hard for my husband. Not working and waiting and waiting. It makes it harder actually with others on the group getting their permits. I am happy for all, don't get me wrong. But people whos apps were after ours got their permits like a week, some two weeks ago...

If nothing arrives by mid October we are going to call.
I know how hard it must be for your husband, it’s frustrating waiting to be able to work. I had the same feelings.

It’s also, for a lot of people, not just waiting for the 3-4 months for the OWP processing either, as there’s often a few months spent in Canada prior to submission. Gathering documents, even gaining common law status. A lot of people are waiting upwards of 6, 9, 12 months in some cases. Try to keep busy as best you can and ease frustration of waiting.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Whether your wife is visa exempt or requires one to travel to Canada, the OWP is legal status to live and work in Canada until its expiry. No need to extend any visitor visa or other form of temporary status. As far I’m aware, you can only hold one form of temporary residence at a time, so any visitor status she has previously would be invalid/irrelevant, now she has an OWP.
Thanks for the reply! good to hear

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
My application was received June /20 and I called up today,, all she said is u have to wait to October 20
I tried the same and got the same response from IRCC. I guess 4 months from the time of submission is a default response from them. I check the application processing time status on the IRCC portal and it says they are processing 31st May application as of 9th September.
I am hoping this week will bring some good news for all of us. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: tommybahamah7

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I tried the same and got the same response from IRCC. I guess 4 months from the time of submission is a default response from them. I check the application processing time status on the IRCC portal and it says they are processing 31st May application as of 9th September.
I am hoping this week will bring some good news for all of us. Fingers crossed.
Hope so,,,

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
App status changed at some point to "Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

App Received: June 25
AOR: Aug 3
This is happening at 9:00pm Saturday night... I don’t get it... maybe a robot doing this... congrats to u and I hope I get mine too, same timeline ..,

nna2324

Sep 20, 2018
It might have been on Friday. But I know I checked Atleast 4 times on Friday and nothing changed. Up until 6pm eastern time, I only noticed the change last night. Just by going in randomly on a Saturday night.

asur90

Jun 7, 2018
It might have been on Friday. But I know I checked Atleast 4 times on Friday and nothing changed. Up until 6pm eastern time, I only noticed the change last night. Just by going in randomly on a Saturday night.
Don't you get an email when about having a new message in your account when they start reviewing your eligibility?

Good luck, you will probably receive it tomorrow.

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
They really did that tonight or was from yesterday. !!!!!????
There’s often slights delays in accounts being updated, so it was likely done on Friday and then only noticed on Saturday.

I noticed my eligibility review had started by logging in, the e-mail didn’t arrive until later that day. The application was updated to decision made a little while after, and was approved. The e-mail notification for this didn’t arrive until the day after.

This person will have the decision made update on Monday, going by past timescales of others on here.

gastridr

Sep 30, 2018
Hi there!!
Hope to get some information because reading all the post I'm getting a bit worried.. so we applied for common law sponsorship with and OWP.

They received the application to sponsor the 1 of June

Then my partner got and email on July 18.

Then we got an update the next they that they are starting to process the application on July 17.

After that we have not received any updates or email or request.

MY question should we be worried?
If I need to call? Witch number do you guys call.. Every time I do it's says that due to higher volume try an call again!

No word on medical or OPW nothing:
:(

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi there!!
Hope to get some information because reading all the post I'm getting a bit worried.. so we applied for common law sponsorship with and OWP.

Then we got an update the next they that they are starting to process the application on July 17.

If I need to call? Witch number do you guys call.. Every time I do it's says that due to higher volume try an call again!

Yes u have to call them on Monday ... u have to

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi there!!

Did you link your applications in your MyCIC account?