+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Quick update from me:

I was able to get on my partner's (the sponsor) provincial health insurance plan here in British Columbia. Received the card yesterday in the mail with coverage starting today Sep-01. I applied right after we received AOR on Jul-20.

The usual wait period is whatever remains of the current month + two full months. This means the wait period for me retroactively started with the day my PR app was received (Jun-06) and not with the day I applied for coverage in late July which is really great.

So if you are a BC resident and your application was received in June and you have AOR (you need that to apply) you may be eligible for BC health insurance immediately!

Again, this applies to BC only. Other provinces may handle eligibility differently.

sector7g

Sep 2, 2018
Quick update from me:
I was able to get on my partner's (the sponsor) provincial health insurance plan here in British Columbia. Received the card yesterday in the mail with coverage starting today Sep-01. I applied right after we received AOR on Jul-20.
Thank you for this! I didn't realise you could apply after receiving AOR. Did you just take in a copy of the AOR email your sponsor received?

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
has anyone received notification that the sponsors eligibility was being reviewed? mine still says

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Reactions: sarkhan9229

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Quick update from me:

The usual wait period is whatever remains of the current month + two full months. This means the wait period for me retroactively started with the day my PR app was received (Jun-06) and not with the day I applied for coverage in late July which is really great.

So if you are a BC resident and your application was received in June and you have AOR (you need that to apply) you may be eligible for BC health insurance immediately!

Again, this applies to BC only. Other provinces may handle eligibility differently.
How did you do that? Did you called or applied online?

lorelli

Sep 4, 2018
Hi all,

Just wanted to add to the discussion as I have been freaking out a bit, and wanted to help anyone else who might be in a similar situation, with what I learned today. I sent off my inland application to the Mississauga Office June 7th and it was set to be delivered on June 8th. I have been incessantly checking my email for the past few months and I was always disappointed to not find an AOR or recieve a returned application as the months passed. Checked the forums and everyone seemed to be receiving theirs. I finally was able to call today as I only had an American number so the call to CIC would not go through. Used the recommended navigation options 2,1,0 and was able to speak to someone who informed me that my AOR had been sent on July 22! The issue was that they sent it to my husbands email and not mine. It must have ended up in his junk mail and since he wasn't anticipating it it was automatically deleted from the junk folder after a certain amount of time. Anyways, this was such a relief to hear and they were able to give me my UCI number. I also sent an OWP and the agent confirmed that it currently takes 4 months from the day they receive the application for you to receive your work permit. So he estimated that I should receive my work permit by Oct. 8th.

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Quick update from me:

Wow! that's awesome, I called the center in Ontario after I received my AOR and they told me that I have to wait until I get the DM letter which is basically towards the end of the PR application process. So on Ontario's website it states:
three separate, original (not photocopies or printouts of electronic documents) identification documents:
  • one that proves your Canadian citizenship or OHIP-eligible immigration status (e.g. Canadian birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card )
What document did you show for this section? Just print of AOR letter?

Last edited:

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Guys,

My application was received on June 13, 2018 and I got the AOR on July 25. It has been about 40 days since I last heard from them. This is getting me worried a little bit. When I checked the immtracker, for many people it is either on the same date that they get their SA, or a week/two weeks later.

Is anyone else on the same boat? Also, at which step are you eligible for OHIP?

Thanks in advance

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Guys,

My application was received on June 13, 2018 and I got the AOR on July 25. It has been about 40 days since I last heard from them. This is getting me worried a little bit. When I checked the immtracker, for many people it is either on the same date that they get their SA, or a week/two weeks later.

Is anyone else on the same boat? Also, at which step are you eligible for OHIP?

Thanks in advance
SA comes early in outland sponsorship. For inland, it will be just before the DM, at the 11 th month mark. You will first get the OWP between 3 to 4 months in case you have applied for the same , followed by the medical request around the 6th month starting from the day your application was received by IRCC.

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
SA comes early in outland sponsorship. For inland, it will be just before the DM, at the 11 th month mark. You will first get the OWP between 3 to 4 months in case you have applied for the same , followed by the medical request around the 6th month starting from the day your application was received by IRCC.
Oh boy, then I have at least 3 more month of wait time till medical request. That sucks.

Also, what are the regulations on living together with your partner? Is it compulsory to stay with your partner during the processing of PR?

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Oh boy, then I have at least 3 more month of wait time till medical request. That sucks.

Also, what are the regulations on living together with your partner? Is it compulsory to stay with your partner during the processing of PR?
In case you have applied inland, the IRCC assumes that you are staying with your partner. That's the difference between inland and Outland. You are advised not to leave Canada during the processing since if you are denied entry at Port of entry for any reason , then your application will be abandoned. But in case you are sure that you will be able to enter, then a short absence of 2 to 3 weeks is acceptable. The IRCC does not prohibit you from leaving Canada , but they don't guarantee your entry either.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
I guess so, as long as IRCC is convinced that you are with your partner in the larger picture. As you would have provided documents like a rent lease or a joint house owner ship, common bank accounts etc. They are definitely not monitoring your day to day activities within Canada !! ;)

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hey can anyone help me please! I am in sponsorship my husband here... Family class I didn't do owp because his passport is expired and it's at the CBSA office he was on refugee got refused how can I go about applying for a work permit for him will he waits for his pr to be approved

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Morning All,

I can see from the May Inland Application forum that 30th May applicants got their OWP approvals this week.
anyone on this forum with 1st week of June OWP submission? keep us updated...

Regards

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hey can anyone help me please! I am in sponsorship my husband here... Family class I didn't do owp because his passport is expired and it's at the CBSA office he was on refugee got refused how can I go about applying for a work permit for him will he waits for his pr to be approved
Anyone please