+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I am a bit confused about your post.
We applied for PR spousal sponsorship and also the OWP same time. we just received our AOR on the 3rd. Do you mean to say to shorten the time for owp to apply again online? wouldnt that be confusing for CIC to have two separate applications for the same person?
Hi There,

Yes, you will have two applications on the system but the online application will be approved first as the listed processing time is half. Once the online application is approved, you withdraw the paper based application.
That is what i am told by the consultant.
I am waiting for my sponsor eligibility email before i can submit a new online OWP application. AoR was received on Saturday morning.

Reactions: BrasilCan

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi There,

Yes, you will have two applications on the system but the online application will be approved first as the listed processing time is half. Once the online application is approved, you withdraw the paper based application.
That is what i am told by the consultant.
I am waiting for my sponsor eligibility email before i can submit a new online OWP application. AoR was received on Saturday morning.

Do you get your money back for the paper OWP application? How long does the sponsor eligibility email usually take to get?

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Do you get your money back for the paper OWP application? How long does the sponsor eligibility email usually take to get?
Can this be done as soon as you receive the aor? If you do it can you provide steps as I cannot generate an online applicaton

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Can this be done as soon as you receive the aor? If you do it can you provide steps as I cannot generate an online application
Diamant are you trying to link your online application? We successfully linked ours the day after we got our AOR, but only for PR. If you want that info I listed it below. As for applying for the OWP right away I am honestly not 100% sure. Once the PR has started its process I cant see why not...but we have not tried it yet. We are still weighing pros and cons..

Many people have different theories about works and what doesnt, but honestly it could be different for everyone. What I suggest is:
Us the partner key, if you use all 5 tries, sign in with your spouses banking info (that gave us 10 tries per day total). We used Application number and family name. His name was all caps, Passport info used ( some people say use the place and birth and hit space bar under 'city' and leave it blank but the page would not allow us to continue without putting something there), status Married, 2 people on the application (sponsor and applicant)

H4nfitzgerald

May 21, 2018
As an inland applicant, You cannot apply online for OWP until you have AIP (sponsor approval) NOT AOR (receipt of application) which most often than not, doesn’t come until 10 months + into the process..... the OWP pilot of 4 months was done to speed the process up! Applying online will not be quicker.... your lawyer is talking trash (or using the wrong terminology....)

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Did any June applicant receive an update other than AOR? I thought early June applicants should hear about medical exam or SA by now?

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Did any June applicant receive an update other than AOR? I thought early June applicants should hear about medical exam or SA by now?
Um, it takes a longer time dear. At least 6 months for medical request. After AOR its usually a long wait while they process your application.

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
We submitted our inland + OWP app by xpresspost on Monday, June 4th, received June 5th. Now we wait ....
we will be watching your updates closely. I am Canadian by birth, my husband a US citizen by birth and we will be submitting his inland application in the next 4 weeks.

mohsen.k

Nov 10, 2016
Hi everyone. IRCC received our inland application on June 19th but we haven't heard anything yet. According to this thread, I should start being worried now. Can anyone help on how to reach someone at IRCC on the phone? The options given on the phone require an application number which we don't have... Any help is much appreciated.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone. IRCC received our inland application on June 19th but we haven't heard anything yet. According to this thread, I should start being worried now. Can anyone help on how to reach someone at IRCC on the phone? The options given on the phone require an application number which we don't have... Any help is much appreciated.
Please use the options 2,1,0 to navigate to the CIC rep . It's best to try at 8 AM EST to avoid queues. All the best