+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Guys I have a mini crisis so I got test invite and wrote the test, but during the test the interviewee said he requested entry dates from CBSA to check all dates cause i have exactly 1,095 days. The disaster now is that I checked my dates and calculations again and found out I am at 1,094 days (1 day short) so I am having a mini heart attack. What do you guys think will happen now? Is it acceptable to move on with the 1,094 days or r they gonna make a big deal because of one day?
Thats why wise people suggest to always apply with some buffer. Presence days are a very strict requirement for Citizenship without ifs and buts. I hope u have 1095 atleast despite ur fears but i am afraid if u dont even if its 1094 u are not going to get citizenship

mark1212

Apr 5, 2019
Thats why wise people suggest to always apply with some buffer. Presence days are a very strict requirement for Citizenship without ifs and buts. I hope u have 1095 atleast despite ur fears but i am afraid if u dont even if its 1094 u are not going to get citizenship
But thats so unrealistic dont u think? you know cause waited for the process a whole year which i was here during the whole time...like a innocent mistake of 1 day can cost a whole year of additional waiting? This would be sad honestly I am very anxious about this

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
But thats so unrealistic dont u think? you know cause waited for the process a whole year which i was here during the whole time...like a innocent mistake of 1 day can cost a whole year of additional waiting? This would be sad honestly I am very anxious about this
Well rules is pretty clear. If u waited 3 years to apply for citizenship why not a week or two more to have buffer to cover for uncertainty esp if u have had quite a few trips outside. But again the info i have read even a judge can not give a grace day in this case

mark1212

Apr 5, 2019
Well rules is pretty clear. If u waited 3 years to apply for citizenship why not a week or two more to have buffer to cover for uncertainty esp if u have had quite a few trips outside. But again the info i have read even a judge can not give a grace day in this case
You are right, I can only blame myself for rush and impatience. I should have given it more time...I will have to pay the price of my impatience by another year of waiting, maybe that will teach me something.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
Admin please update line # 121(kyogesh) with Test Invite date to 20th Jun 2019 and test interview date to 18th Jul 2019

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
You are right, I can only blame myself for rush and impatience. I should have given it more time...I will have to pay the price of my impatience by another year of waiting, maybe that will teach me something.
Don't worry try to think positive that would help you calm down. They could have simply rejected and communicated back but instead they invited you for test so may be there is hope. I wish you best of luck.

mark1212

Apr 5, 2019
Don't worry try to think positive that would help you calm down. They could have simply rejected and communicated back but instead they invited you for test so may be there is hope. I wish you best of luck.
Thank you for the positive message it was really helpful...I hope you get your citizenship fast and with zero hurdles...thx a million!

Canville

Jul 3, 2019
Toronto
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon August 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 6, 2018.
Called cic 2 months ago only to be told my application is in mississauga.
Then I filled out a online form so my application can be check. And this is what I was told.
(Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We are happy to assist you with your inquiry.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your criminality clearance is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.)

I kinda gave up on checking for any status related to my application its giving me crazy. But when it comes I'll be so grateful.

eis517

Oct 19, 2012
Has anyone who took the test on June 26th gotten their oath date yet? It seems that many people got it the day after, but it has been a week and I have not heard from them.

fatimaftw

Jul 11, 2018
Has anyone who took the test on June 26th gotten their oath date yet? It seems that many people got it the day after, but it has been a week and I have not heard from them.
I took the test on June 26th in Mississauga and haven't heard back yet...didn't know that people were getting invites the day after, that's so lucky! The man who gave me my score mentioned that the process will take about 4 to 8 weeks from this point, so that's what I am expecting. Were you told anything similar?

Also, my CIC application status says Decision Made - what is the meaning of this exactly? Have they approved and an oath letter been sent out?

eis517

Oct 19, 2012
I took the test on June 26th in Mississauga and haven't heard back yet...didn't know that people were getting invites the day after, that's so lucky! The man who gave me my score mentioned that the process will take about 4 to 8 weeks from this point, so that's what I am expecting. Were you told anything similar?

Also, my CIC application status says Decision Made - what is the meaning of this exactly? Have they approved and an oath letter been sent out?
They told me the same thing, but if you look at the Google Doc for June 2018 applicants, most of them found out within a week when their oath would be. Mine is still in process, so I am a bit nervous.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
I know people who got oath the next day, I did my test June 11 and haven’t heard anything yet

se7en

Apr 20, 2011

Where do you write your test?