+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
OMGGGG!!! Congratulations!!! I can't believe you're completely done with this process!! Good luck to you and your husband on this new chapter of your lives. So your husband didn't have landing interview at all, right? Did he have to submit a list of items and and the amount of money he was carrying?
They just asked him if he’s ever been convicted of a crime, or if he’s carrying fire arms! And since he had less than $10,000 on him, he didn’t need to declare it.

We asked the officer about the list of items we are planning to bring to Canada. He said it’s better to fill the forms when you land. But it’s not set in stone; if you are staying for a short time and have to go back to your home country to finish some business and planning to come back and stay at a later time, you can do it on your next trip :)

But I would advise on filling the forms out and declaring the items you wanna bring to Canada when you land, it would be safer this way.

Mbcu95

Aug 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Getting conserned because I had to get fingerprinted by the RCMP and they said the results had to be in within 30 days of the request. Well I got my electronic fingerprints done and it said they would send the results directly to the Mississauga location. Nothing has changed online and there's a spot for me to upload info but I have nothing to upload. What if the RCMP doesn't process my fingerprints by the 27th

TripleD

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,did you hear from the CHC Nairobi Kenya?still haven't heard anything from them.
The Ecas has changed from 'In Process' to Decision Made'. but there is no any other updater both in the ecas nor MyGCkey Account. Not sure what that means.
Anyways did you anything from the Nairobi Visa office since? Thanks

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

While calling CIC which option should I choose to speak with an agent? I Selected- check status & processing time of application After hearing the GC Key info, I selected -speak with an agent & it got disconnected saying we have high volume of calls, try some other time. Is there any other option that I could choose & wait in a queue for my turn?

abd1986

Aug 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,

While calling CIC which option should I choose to speak with an agent? I Selected- check status & processing time of application After hearing the GC Key info, I selected -speak with an agent & it got disconnected saying we have high volume of calls, try some other time. Is there any other option that I could choose & wait in a queue for my turn?
Welcome to the reality of CIC Helpline! :(

psvj19

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi Everyone,

There is a shortcut , sit tight let me try to find the post that had it. I’ve got a hold of cic it takes 40 mins but you’ll get through to them. I’ll try finding it again.

psvj19

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi Everyone,

FOUND IT AND IT WORKED FOR ME but be prepared to wait for 40 mins.
Just wait for the beginning message to start. Theres this weird time when the recorded message kind of changes tone and asks you a question and you're right away able to pick a number. it's a little after the lottery grandparent info message.
As soon as you can choose.. click 2-1-1-0
It’ll get you to a wait period but you’ll eventually talk to a real person.

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
FOUND IT AND IT WORKED FOR ME but be prepared to wait for 40 mins.
Just wait for the beginning message to start. Theres this weird time when the recorded message kind of changes tone and asks you a question and you're right away able to pick a number. it's a little after the lottery grandparent info message.
As soon as you can choose.. click 2-1-1-0
It’ll get you to a wait period but you’ll eventually talk to a real person.
Thank you! Could you please share the phone number that you dialed? I tried calling at (613) 944-4000 but no luck.

psvj19

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Thank you! Could you please share the phone number that you dialed? I tried calling at (613) 944-4000 but no luck.

I call the toll free number but you need to call from Canada, have your sponsor call. If not I did hear that applicants have called through Skype. Not sure if that works though.