+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Sammy143

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Hello all. I have an important question. My husband (PA) is planning to land in Canada in a few days. In the documents required for landing, it says proof of funds but since it’s his first time in Canada he does not have a canadian bank account and he’s only planning to bring CAD10,000. Would that be enough? What should he do?

(I am his sponsor and when applying for PR, I gave CIC a bank statement but I’m out of the country at the moment and can not get an official statement from the bank. Should I print out my bank statement and give it to him just in case? )
Can you please clarify if its a TRV OR the PR?
Thank you

Reactions: raphmih

blackuhuru

Jul 4, 2017
Hey All,

Have a bit of a problem and seeking advice.

Application sent june 14, received june 15.
AOR1 on July 18
Schedule A and PCC on July 18
Sponsorship approval on August 30
Application transferred to Visa Office (From Mississauga to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania office) Aug 30

ECAS says in progress.

But that is it. No email, no request for medical, nothing!

Should I be worried? Would you request for the GCMS notes to see whats up? Or should I just hang tight and if so for how long? Does this timeline even sound OK ?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

aamir90

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Hey All,

Have a bit of a problem and seeking advice.

Application sent june 14, received june 15.
AOR1 on July 18
Schedule A and PCC on July 18
Sponsorship approval on August 30
Application transferred to Visa Office (From Mississauga to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania office) Aug 30

ECAS says in progress.

But that is it. No email, no request for medical, nothing!

Should I be worried? Would you request for the GCMS notes to see whats up? Or should I just hang tight and if so for how long? Does this timeline even sound OK ?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Good Morning,
I share a similar timeline

Our application was sent on June 7th and received on June 8th
AOR1 on July 7th.
Sch. A & PCC was requested on July 14th and uploaded on 21st.
SA on July 25th
File Transferred to VO (From Mississauga to Port of Spain) on Aug 2nd.

ECAS changed to In Process as well. Since then, no updates. We also haven't received request for medical either. totally frustrating!

Reactions: blackuhuru

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Okay.. seems like they didn't reviewed our documents yet or didn't update in the system. Have to wait & watch. Nothing else could be done.
yeah it takes time to see the documents from being "uploaded" to "reviewing". I think it will occur around the same time when background check is in process. Our application started processing at VO Aug 22. Still haven't received any updates. -_-

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
yeah it takes time to see the documents from being "uploaded" to "reviewing". I think it will occur around the same time when background check is in process. Our application started processing at VO Aug 22. Still haven't received any updates. -_-
my documents are being reviewed since Aug 1st. But background check is still in 'not applicable' state.

clutsyclutter

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hi I have a question regarding TRV. Did you guys book a return ticket for a visit to canada?
Also, I know of someone who applied for TRV for his wife, and once his wife was in Canada, they ended up transferring the application of sponsorship to Canada. Do you have any information regarding this?
We submitted roundtrip booking reservation (not ticket) from a travel agency, and indicated that it only makes sense for us to book tickets if the TRV is approved.

My understanding is that the PPR will have detailed instructions as to where to submit the PA's passport, including submitting it to Ottawa if PA is inland at that point.

Reactions: dhvanixox

raphmih

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Hello all. I have an important question. My husband (PA) is planning to land in Canada in a few days. In the documents required for landing, it says proof of funds but since it’s his first time in Canada he does not have a canadian bank account and he’s only planning to bring CAD10,000. Would that be enough? What should he do?

(I am his sponsor and when applying for PR, I gave CIC a bank statement but I’m out of the country at the moment and can not get an official statement from the bank. Should I print out my bank statement and give it to him just in case? )
Hi! Did you get an answer about funds? Please advise. Thanks

Lillypoppy

Jul 2, 2017
Hi all,
My VO is in Singapore
June 13 files accepted
July 19 Aor 1
July 20 Sch A (sent by IRCC webform ) sent it 3 times because the file was not updated , the third time I also PCC without request ( CIC agent said they asked on 20 July--- no e-mail)

my files was forward to Singapore without request PCC or medical exam .

No news until 5 Oct , they request medical test and CSQ( I apply in Qubec) and I sent it on OCT 16 .

Oct 18 I just got all my proved photos that I sent with PR files back from Singapore centre.

Question :
1 if we sent PCC without request do they accept that or should i prepared have a noth one ?
2 Anybody got the photos back ? I don't know why they sent it back?

Thank you for your opinions

imranahmed10

Jul 17, 2013
Hi all,
My VO is in Singapore
June 13 files accepted
July 19 Aor 1
July 20 Sch A (sent by IRCC webform ) sent it 3 times because the file was not updated , the third time I also PCC without request ( CIC agent said they asked on 20 July--- no e-mail)

my files was forward to Singapore without request PCC or medical exam .

No news until 5 Oct , they request medical test and CSQ( I apply in Qubec) and I sent it on OCT 16 .

Oct 18 I just got all my proved photos that I sent with PR files back from Singapore centre.

Question :
1 if we sent PCC without request do they accept that or should i prepared have a noth one ?
2 Anybody got the photos back ? I don't know why they sent it back?

Thank you for your opinions
That should be fine to send PCC

Reactions: Lillypoppy

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello. My husband landed at Toronto Pearson Airport on October 17. They basically said hi, signed his documents and let him in! No questions about funds :)
OMGGGG!!! Congratulations!!! I can't believe you're completely done with this process!! Good luck to you and your husband on this new chapter of your lives. So your husband didn't have landing interview at all, right? Did he have to submit a list of items and and the amount of money he was carrying?

Last edited:
Reactions: blackuhuru