+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
We received SA correspondence mid-July but ECAS has yet to be updated to 'in process' whereas I've seen many others have received this update within a couple of weeks?? Should we be worried? We did receive confirmation 21 Sept that CPC Mississauga will be processing our case. Anyone have thoughts/feedback?
Could you update your info in this spreadsheet. You are row 34.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n8CRf5RwHVizY8yMFgXDcdY1_z5hDCjzDje5ih3gSj0/edit#gid=0

bchor04

Sep 7, 2017
I'm a June 9th applicant and received my SA on July 20th and my ECAS too still hasn't been updated to "In Process". I stopped worrying about that a while ago. As long as there is some form of update/correspondence from CIC I am content. For instance, my last update was on September 29th when I passed my medical. That is not to say that I don't care about my application; of course I do and I would love for it all be over ASAP so I can be with my husband, but there is no point in stressing over little stuff pertaining to the application. That doesn't make the application processing go faster and instead only affects your mood and mental well being.

I am also being processed at Mississauga and there are a lot of applicants whose ECAS haven't been updated to "In Process", some of who applied way before us (March, April, May applicants).
Thanks. It's such a stressful process. Just wish I knew if we were half way through the process or if we've just scratched the surface.. it gets a bit frustrating at times not having anyone to call to get an update.

bchor04

Sep 7, 2017
I was just checking the June spreadsheet and someone has input Sept 21 as AOR2 on my behalf. I am a bit confused because the correspondence I received on that date only states that our case is going to be processed in Mississauga. It does not acknowledge receipt from the VO itself and there is no reference to a 'file number' as per the AOR2 sample.

jeffmoonchop

Jan 16, 2017
Hi I tried filling in my data in the spreadsheet. How do you know when your application has been transferred? The last message I got was asking for the police certificate which I sent in in July. Not heard anything since. Already passed my medical on 14th July. Looks like most people in the spreadsheet are farther along than I am. My initial application was actually received in May.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi I tried filling in my data in the spreadsheet. How do you know when your application has been transferred? The last message I got was asking for the police certificate which I sent in in July. Not heard anything since. Already passed my medical on 14th July. Looks like most people in the spreadsheet are farther along than I am. My initial application was actually received in May.
When applicant ecas goes to in process

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
I was just checking the June spreadsheet and someone has input Sept 21 as AOR2 on my behalf. I am a bit confused because the correspondence I received on that date only states that our case is going to be processed in Mississauga. It does not acknowledge receipt from the VO itself and there is no reference to a 'file number' as per the AOR2 sample.
I'm a May applicant so don't follow the June spreadsheet, but if you look on the Q&A sheet of the consolidated spreadsheet, the answer as to whether the "getting processed in Mississauga email" should count as AOR2 was yes. There are a bunch of us in May who listed that as AOR2, and I suspect there are few that got the email that didn't update the spreadsheet that way. One of the latter just got BGC in progress so I think it's probably correct to treat the email as AOR2. Also, none of us, including two with BGC in Process, have gotten ECAS In Process yet, so it seems Mississauga is doing things differently.

sri82@av

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Do we get an email for this step "ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' (mm/dd/yyyy)"? or is it just "in process" status on online tool?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Do we get an email for this step "ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' (mm/dd/yyyy)"? or is it just "in process" status on online tool?
In process means it's been sent to the VO. When you see an additional line in ecas that says "we started processing your app on xxx date" it means they have started working on the file.

You should get an email notification when it gets sent out of CPC M.

sri82@av

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
In process means it's been sent to the VO. When you see an additional line in ecas that says "we started processing your app on xxx date" it means they have started working on the file.

You should get an email notification when it gets sent out of CPC M.

Thank you.

DO we know how long will it take get to in process after the file is transferred to local VO?

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Our application status changed to "Approved" in CIC. And a document status line (which is the entrance visa) is added to the profile. I guess this means they stamped the visa in the passport and we should get it back soon :)

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Our application status changed to "Approved" in CIC. And a document status line (which is the entrance visa) is added to the profile. I guess this means they stamped the visa in the passport and we should get it back soon :)
What exactly does the document status line say?