+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
For those, who are waiting for Invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony at Scarborough centre, and wondering what are average timelines, here you go:

I have looked and filtered the data for 2014, 2015 and a bit of 2016 years from this Google Excel sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmsC4bp0t7TLDne6qmZy6cWqbhSRf0oSCkCTCavwI2s/edit#gid=55 to see what are the timelines for Scarborough centre from Decision made to invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony and see the following breakdown:

Out of total of 122 cases:
- 57 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony within 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 2 days after Decision made up to 31 day after Decision made).

- 65 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony after more than 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 32 days after Decision made up to 252 days after Decision made).

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Oh! I looked up in other parts of this forum and found out that lots of people are complaining about the slowness of the Scarborough centre with regards to sending invitations to Oath ceremony. Some people even wrote to their respective MPs, crazy.

Here is the link to the timelines for Scarborough centre from Decision made to invitation to the Oath ceremony: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmsC4bp0t7TLDne6qmZy6cWqbhSRf0oSCkCTCavwI2s/edit#gid=55
Yes, surprisingly in the easiest and straightforward part (decision made to oath invite) they are taking time. During the interview did the officer give you a hint of when to expect your oath to take place?

amax

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

Can someone give me any guidance on what documents to take with me to the test? It says any supporting documentation but I am not sure what to take with me? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Can someone give me any guidance on what documents to take with me to the test? It says any supporting documentation but I am not sure what to take with me? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Required:
Test invite
Language proof
COPR
PR card
Passports (originals of what you submitted with application)
2 IDs
If it applies to you, police certificates

Personally I will also bring the following on my own initiative:
Airline tickets with boarding passes for all travel since I came to Canada
Rental leases
My Government employee ID

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
For those, who are waiting for Invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony at Scarborough centre, and wondering what are average timelines, here you go:

I have looked and filtered the data for 2014, 2015 and a bit of 2016 years from this Google Excel sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmsC4bp0t7TLDne6qmZy6cWqbhSRf0oSCkCTCavwI2s/edit#gid=55 to see what are the timelines for Scarborough centre from Decision made to invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony and see the following breakdown:

Out of total of 122 cases:
- 57 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony within 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 2 days after Decision made up to 31 day after Decision made).

- 65 cases received invitation to take Oath and citizenship ceremony after more than 1 month from Decision made status in Ecas (from minimum 32 days after Decision made up to 252 days after Decision made).
There is another forum called DM scarborough oath which you can read as well.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Hello,

Thanks!
Go with all the listed documents in the invitation test letter and you will be ok

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go with all the listed documents in the invitation test letter and you will be ok
You are lucky if your letter mentions documents to bring. Mine just says to bring passports and "all documents submitted with the application" which I had hard time to remember because it was a while ago and the old checklist is not on the website anymore (the new checklist for post-october applications has fewer documents)

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Thanks ...There was buffer and i already got AOR from CIC. But PCC thing made me confused.
You should be good. Myself and my wife have the similar situation . She has already received her Test invite for 27th Oct.
So should be all fine.

Cheers..