+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

almapal1

Jul 30, 2017
Hi,

I received a letter through mail requesting for fingerprints (dated Aug 31). I just had a few questions regarding this. In downtown Toronto, if anyone knows the best and/or more reasonably priced place to get this done please do let me know. Also, how long does this delay the whole citizenship processing timeline by? And is there a way to get the results forwarded directly the CIC office so one can at least save some time on mailing the documents back and forth?

Thank you.

Aug 1, 2017
Got fingerprint request on Sept 1st. Done the fingerprints at Commissionaire, costing $56.50. Please update.
Commissionaire will send the fingerprints directly to RCMP.

Thanks.

SadaPk

Jul 26, 2017
Hi I need an opinion. I applied for citizenship in June from Mississauga .My application is in process from 31 July. My PR is Valid till 17 Feb. I have a plan to travel in November 17 and Jan 2018 for 1 month each time .
I wud like to know. :
1.should I apply for renewal of PR as it is less than 6 months. ? I don't know how much time my citizenship application wud take!
2. Does it affect my citizenship application process. ?
3. If while my PR application in proces if I travel - does it affect. ?

HariMuralidharan

May 13, 2010
What is a DCN. I can't find any but I believe u r talking abt TCN. It is on the finger printing paper received from the commissionaires. Please help
The accredited FP agency will give you a photo copy of the finger prints after you submit to RCMP. It is the number below the bar code. It is a 20 digit number.
Not able to post an image.

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
I'm still not sure whether I have to send anything to Citizenship office after RCMP has confirmed that they sent the fingerprint results on the 28th of August. Any advice guys??

mrnaeem

May 15, 2012
Hello all,

I sent my application on 22 June.
Application Recieved on 26 June
Recieved AOR on 26 July.
In Process 1st August.
Waiting for test date.

Could you please add me in the database? Thanks.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
I'm still not sure whether I have to send anything to Citizenship office after RCMP has confirmed that they sent the fingerprint results on the 28th of August. Any advice guys??
You are good , you dont have to send anything to IRCC. Some people do send it again along with the email from RCMP. I believe that is not required.

BigA

Jun 26, 2017
The accredited FP agency will give you a photo copy of the finger prints after you submit to RCMP. It is the number below the bar code. It is a 20 digit number.
Not able to post an image.
Ok I got it. Thank you so much for the answer and all the guidance. God bless you.

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
Anyone's ECAS disappeared from IRCC's website after your file shows that it is in process? I checked it multiple times, and each time the system shows that my UCI, PR #, application #, and receipt number doesn't exist in ECAS.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi I need an opinion. I applied for citizenship in June from Mississauga .My application is in process from 31 July. My PR is Valid till 17 Feb. I have a plan to travel in November 17 and Jan 2018 for 1 month each time .
I wud like to know. :
1.should I apply for renewal of PR as it is less than 6 months. ? I don't know how much time my citizenship application wud take!
2. Does it affect my citizenship application process. ?
3. If while my PR application in proces if I travel - does it affect. ?
1. It's just my opinion, but I think you should apply for your PR card still esp since you are from the Mississauga location. The test dates are taking a while to come from there and it's possible you would get yours when your PR card expires..or even later. They could even happen about the same time, but that's really on you on how much of a risk are you willing to take.
2. I don't think it affects the citizenship process at all, but if you receive your PR card before your test date, maybe call the agents and inquire if you should send them a copy of the new PR card.
3. I think as long as your PR card has not expired before you come back, you should be okay. And even if it does, you could get a travel document from the country you are travelling to get back to Canada. Check the Canadian embassy there and see their processing times for that document and plan your trip accordingly.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Anyone's ECAS disappeared from IRCC's website after your file shows that it is in process? I checked it multiple times, and each time the system shows that my UCI, PR #, application #, and receipt number doesn't exist in ECAS.
I know this happened to someone in another forum but it came back again after a few days with a few updates (Name spellings etc). Maybe wait a few days and see what happens