+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

BigA

Jun 26, 2017
Hello every one:
I posted a question earlier I have received a finger printing request. If some one experienced can guide me through the whole process step by step I would really appreciate it. My questions r
A) should I be going to local police or commissionaires or RCMP.
B) once fp is done what r we required to you. Mailing or emailing?
Kindly help.
Looking forward for ur help.
Thanks

BigA

Jun 26, 2017
Walks ins are allowed. the whole process doesent take more than 15 mins max. Good to call . Depends on the location i guess
Thank you so much.
So after it is done what is next what r we suppose to do. Do they mail it by themselves or ?
Secondly in how many days to get the fp results.

HariMuralidharan

May 13, 2010
Thank you so much.
So after it is done what is next what r we suppose to do. Do they mail it by themselves or ?
Secondly in how many days to get the fp results.
1. Get the finger prints done.
2. Commissionaires or the place you get finger printed will send it to RCMP directly.You wont get the results of FP from RCMP.
3. You will get a copy of the finger prints with the all the details from Commissionaires
4. RCMP will do the necessary work and send a letter to the office that requested the finger prints in a couple of days.
5. Email RCMP after a week to get the status of the request.
6. After RCMP responds, send a copy of the finger prints, email response from RCMP and the first letter from IRCC office that requested the finger prints.
7. Send Step 6 to the address mentioned in the initial letter from IRCC

It will take 2 -3 days for RCMP to process. Check my earlier post if you have more questions.

hello007

Jul 14, 2017
2. Commissionaires or the place you get finger printed will send it to RCMP directly.You wont get the results of FP from RCMP.
3. You will get a copy of the finger prints with the all the details from Commissionaires
4. RCMP will do the necessary work and send a letter to the office that requested the finger prints in a couple of days.
6. After RCMP responds, send a copy of the finger prints, email response from RCMP and the first letter from IRCC office that requested the finger prints.

It will take 2 -3 days for RCMP to process. Check my earlier post if you have more questions.
Do we really need to do step(6) and (7) above ? Don't RCMP will send fingerprint results directly to IRCC office requested as in step (4) above ?
What is 'send a copy of the fingerprints' in step(6) ? is it the 'Consent to release information to a third party' letter received from Commissionaires after taking the fingerprint ?"

HariMuralidharan

May 13, 2010
Do we really need to do step(6) and (7) above ? Don't RCMP will send fingerprint results directly to IRCC office requested as in step (4) above ?
What is 'send a copy of the fingerprints' in step(6) ? is it the 'Consent to release information to a third party' letter received from Commissionaires after taking the fingerprint ?"
I talked to an immigration officer after waiting on the phone for 40 mins. The officer said I am supposed to send it to IRCC office that requested the FPs, though this has not been mentioned in the FP request letter. You can get it confirmed by calling them. This what I did.

send a copy of the fingerprints = You will get a copy of the finger prints with the all the details from Commissionaires
Send a photocopy copy of this to IRCC FP office.

hello007

Jul 14, 2017
I talked to an immigration officer after waiting on the phone for 40 mins. The officer said I am supposed to send it to IRCC office that requested the FPs, though this has not been mentioned in the FP request letter. You can get it confirmed by calling them. This what I did.

send a copy of the fingerprints = You will get a copy of the finger prints with the all the details from Commissionaires
Send a photocopy copy of this to IRCC FP office.
I've received only 'Consent to release information to a third party' letter (which has my thumb print and IRCC address where the FP result will be sent to (Immigration official , St. Clair office) from Commissionaires by RCMP - No other documents received from Commissionaires.

Do you think I need to send IRCC the following just in case ?
(1) Letter from IRCC requesting Fingerprints
(2) Consent to release information letter received from Commissionaires
(3) email response from RCMP

BigA

Jun 26, 2017

Thank you so much for the detailed information.
All the best