Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Hello,

Are there any applicants for June 2016 CSQ from US region, I hold Indian passport?

I received my checklist sometime in September decided not to send documents planned to withdraw my application but later changed my mind and sent the documents yesterday (12/26), Jan 2nd is the deadline to receive the application if not my application will get rejected. The good thing is my mail was delivered today(12/27).

So my question is since I was in hurry to gather the documents I was not able to send a couple of documents in the required way:
1. University transcripts from India, I notarized them with the notary in Minnesota...will this work? Quebec Immigration website gives two options 1. The document should be certified by document issuer which I cannot get because I'm living in USA 2. Certify with Indian consulate/embassy (Indian Embassy has notice it will not certify educational certificates) so none of them will work for me.
2. I did not have the birth certificate because my birth was not registered, so I sent them a letter explaining my situation and attached my 10th class certificate...will this work?

If at all immigration authorities are not satisfied with these two documents will they simply reject my application or will they ask me to send more documents? How will it work?

Hope all people waiting for checklist will get it soon!

Thanks!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Most probably MIDI will send you Intent to Reject notice via mail.

1. You need to get these notarized from India. Few people in this forum sent xerox copied to India, got those notarized and then sent those notarized xeroxed copies to MIDI. No need to send original documents to India.

2. It won't work. I was in similar situation and got birth certificate from Municipal Corporation where I was born.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014

1. You need to get these notarized from India. Few people in this forum sent xerox copied to India, got those notarized and then sent those notarized xeroxed copies to MIDI. No need to send original documents to India.

2. It won't work. I was in similar situation and got birth certificate from Municipal Corporation where I was born.
my certificates mean my education is from England, how can I notarize?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
my certificates mean my education is from England, how can I notarize?
Sorry. I am not sure how notarization works in England but you can ask your university to mail sealed transcripts to you and you can send those transcripts to MIDI. I did same for my US university degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnymks

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016

Hello,

When you say intent to reject I'll have the opportunity to send the documents they request, correct?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello,

When you say intent to reject I'll have the opportunity to send the documents they request, correct?
MIDI is a bit unpredictable. Most probably they will give you time to submit documents along with Intent to Reject but you never know. If I was in your situation, then I would prepare 2 sets of missing documents. I would send 1st set as soon as documents are ready and 2nd set as reply to intent to reject if MIDI decides to ignore 1st set.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
T
Sorry. I am not sure how notarization works in England but you can ask your university to mail sealed transcripts to you and you can send those transcripts to MIDI. I did same for my US university degree.
Thanks...y in sealed envelope? mean let suppose if we notarize our documents then these are not in sealed envelope then y from university in sealed envelope?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
T

Thanks...y in sealed envelope? mean let suppose if we notarize our documents then these are not in sealed envelope then y from university in sealed envelope?
I think it's a common practice with most universities to send transcripts in a sealed envelope.