+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to "sign" the photos but you do have to print your name on the back of the photos. it clearly states this in the photograph specifications provided by Immigration Canada.

robinsingh23

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
24-4-2015
File Transfer...
23 May 2015
Re: June 2016 Citizenship Applicantnt

Hey guys
Just wondering what are new rules for citizenship. I checked online it says 3 out of 5 and half of the time spent without PR. But cic site shows same old rules
Here is my details
Sep/2011 first came as student
June /2012 Pr
Wanna apply next month

S_Hus

Aug 17, 2016
Rigly68 said:
You don't have to "sign" the photos but you do have to print your name on the back of the photos. it clearly states this in the photograph specifications provided by Immigration Canada.
Thanks a lot Dear for your kind reply.
I haven't printed my name on the back of the photo as Walmart guy told me that i don't need to. I hope they won't return it for just the photos name not print.
Also another good news - My Application is just now showing in progress. :)
I guess i should be alright now.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Ms.kaka said:
Finally, I had my D.M status today. ;)Waiting for Mr. Postman ;D
Congrats !! Still waiting for the test invite .. Seems like processing speed is really slow for june applicants as majority is still waiting for invite ..

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Ms.kaka said:
Finally, I had my D.M status today. ;)Waiting for Mr. Postman ;D
Congrats Ms. Kaka!!

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muzmil said:
Congrats !! Still waiting for the test invite .. Seems like processing speed is really slow for june applicants as majority is still waiting for invite ..
Thanks!

Yes,it is true!June Processing was really slow compared other months and in spite the processing fee was very expensive.I know what you felt,waiting for the test invite was no joke at all.

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Ms.kaka said:
Thanks!

Yes,it is true!June Processing was really slow compared other months and in spite the processing fee was very expensive.I know what you felt,waiting for the test invite was no joke at all.
Congrats :) does your DM shows any information?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Hey Guys,

Please, I need to reschedule my test date, I wanna know how long it will take for them to send another invite.

App Mailed - June 6, 2016
App Delivered - June 8, 2016
AOR Received - July 6, 2016
Test Invite received- August 23, 2016
Test Date - September 20, 2016
Mississauga Office

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Lol good I'm not the only one then haha let's hope we get the ceremony invite next week
Hahahhaha.. ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, yes! Hopefully, Mr. Postman will arrrived next week,and oath taking Two weeks after.lol

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Allawy

I was at the Hamilton CIC office on the same day as you for my citizenship test and interview (August 17). The test went well (20 correct out of 20) but I did not get approved on the spot at the interview. My case was handled by the guy, not the lady. Long story short, he said that first he would have to order a CBSA report of my entries (and exits?) in order to verify that my same-day trips to the US match what I have declared in the Online Residence Calculator. This because I'm applying with 1462 days physical presence, barely over the required minimum of 1460, and he said he wants to make sure I don't fall short. I told him I have only taken 8 same-day driving trips to the Buffalo, New York, with the exact dates declared. No overnight absences, no overseas trips in the past four years. Per the new rules, same-day trips don't count as days of absence: your day began and ended in Canada.

Anyway, he still wanted to verify my entries with a CBSA report, so I have no choice but to wait. He said the CBSA report should take about a week. It's been 8 days now since that interview last week, and my status still shows IN PROCESS. I have no idea how long my case will take. I really hate 'indefinite' waits.

What really bugs me is that I get the feeling if my case had been handled by the female officer, she would have approved me right then and there. Before I was called in by the guy, I was sitting right next to the door of the female officer and I overheard her first two interviews. They were both very short and she was laughing her way through them. I was the second person to be called in by the guy, and in the time it had taken him to interview his first applicant, the lady had already been through two interviews.

I did not get the sense that the lady officer was as meticulous as the guy in checking documents and all. My interview took almost 30 minutes and the guy practically asked me all the questions in the application forms all over again, as if he'd never read my file. Then he took a long hard look at my now-expired passport, which is an old passport and kept asking all sorts of questions about my early years in the US as a student under that passport, none of which was relevant to the citizenship application.

For example he asked me why he didn't see an initial entry stamp for my first entry to the US some ten years ago. I told him US Immigration didn't stamp my passport at that time, they just stamped my old I-94 which I no longer have. He gave me skeptical looks like as if to say he did not really believe me, but then had to drop the matter because it is technically irrelevant to the application.

I felt a bit frustrated at the end of the interview at not getting a final decision so I couldn't help telling the officer that I thought the CBSA reports would have been ordered by the time we got to the interview. I also told him that if I had known a CBSA report had yet to be ordered, I would have ordered it myself and brought it to the interview. He said CIC does not order a CBSA report automatically for everyone. It has to be ordered manually by the case officers. Kinda makes you envy Australia where citizenship officers have access to electronic entry/exit records at their fingertips, with just a few clicks at their desk computers. In Canada, requests have to be made from one department to another, with the applicant's consent first. What a rotten bureaucracy.

So ... IN PROCESS ... till the end of time.

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Allawy

I was at the Hamilton CIC office on the same day as you for my citizenship test and interview (August 17). The test went well (20 correct out of 20) but I did not get approved on the spot at the interview. My case was handled by the guy, not the lady. Long story short, he said that first he would have to order a CBSA report of my entries (and exits?) in order to verify that my same-day trips to the US match what I have declared in the Online Residence Calculator. This because I'm applying with 1462 days physical presence, barely over the required minimum of 1460, and he said he wants to make sure I don't fall short. I told him I have only taken 8 same-day driving trips to the Buffalo, New York, with the exact dates declared. No overnight absences, no overseas trips in the past four years. Per the new rules, same-day trips don't count as days of absence: your day began and ended in Canada.

Anyway, he still wanted to verify my entries with a CBSA report, so I have no choice but to wait. He said the CBSA report should take about a week. It's been 8 days now since that interview last week, and my status still shows IN PROCESS. I have no idea how long my case will take. I really hate 'indefinite' waits.

What really bugs me is that I get the feeling if my case had been handled by the female officer, she would have approved me right then and there. Before I was called in by the guy, I was sitting right next to the door of the female officer and I overheard her first two interviews. They were both very short and she was laughing her way through them. I was the second person to be called in by the guy, and in the time it had taken him to interview his first applicant, the lady had already been through two interviews.

I did not get the sense that the lady officer was as meticulous as the guy in checking documents and all. My interview took almost 30 minutes and the guy practically asked me all the questions in the application forms all over again, as if he'd never read my file. Then he took a long hard look at my now-expired passport, which is an old passport and kept asking all sorts of questions about my early years in the US as a student under that passport, none of which was relevant to the citizenship application.

For example he asked me why he didn't see an initial entry stamp for my first entry to the US some ten years ago. I told him US Immigration didn't stamp my passport at that time, they just stamped my old I-94 which I no longer have. He gave me skeptical looks like as if to say he did not really believe me, but then had to drop the matter because it is technically irrelevant to the application.

I felt a bit frustrated at the end of the interview at not getting a final decision so I couldn't help telling the officer that I thought the CBSA reports would have been ordered by the time we got to the interview. I also told him that if I had known a CBSA report had yet to be ordered, I would have ordered it myself and brought it to the interview. He said CIC does not order a CBSA report automatically for everyone. It has to be ordered manually by the case officers. Kinda makes you envy Australia where citizenship officers have access to electronic entry/exit records at their fingertips, with just a few clicks at their desk computers. In Canada, requests have to be made from one department to another, with the applicant's consent first. What a rotten bureaucracy.

So ... IN PROCESS ... till the end of time.
If I may ask, what documents should take along during the test, besides PR Card, COPR, and Passport? All the documents submitted must have been in the system already. Test and Interview shouldn't be another round of application processing, which had already been done before the test/interview date.