Upfront
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
26-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
Congrats to all of you with good news!

I haven't been on here for a while but here's a but of an update.

I received an email on Nov 6 requesting police record (even though I sent with original package), proof of my daughters Canadian citizenship (which was also previously sent), and a letter outlining our relationship.

We were traveling so it took a few weeks to get all of this together and sent off. It worries me a but because we have been married 9 years, my daughter has always had Canadian citizenship and passport.

They have not yet acknowledged receipt of the additional documents requested but fedex says it was delivered.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Good luck to all.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
keniw said:
Congrats to all of you with good news!

I haven't been on here for a while but here's a but of an update.

I received an email on Nov 6 requesting police record (even though I sent with original package), proof of my daughters Canadian citizenship (which was also previously sent), and a letter outlining our relationship.

We were traveling so it took a few weeks to get all of this together and sent off. It worries me a but because we have been married 9 years, my daughter has always had Canadian citizenship and passport.

They have not yet acknowledged receipt of the additional documents requested but fedex says it was delivered.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Good luck to all.
For some reason they don't ever seem to acknowledge receipt of additional documents. I guess you'll only know if they try to ask you again for them, or if they give you a decision or interview request or whatever comes next. They've had my additional documents since Nov. 16th and I'm still waiting for any kind of update at all. Nothing yet.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hey all,

There's been a lot of good news lately...but in light of the recent page showing that the outland processing time is now 26 months, it is really important that everyone posts their timeline to the 2015 outland spreadsheet so we can get a more accurate picture of how long the processing times are taking. Congratulations to those of you whose immigration journey is coming to an end...for those of us still waiting (and faced with the new processing time uncertainty) posting your timelines really give us hope (even if you have received your COPR or visa or have landed already)

The 2015 outland spreadsheet is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit#gid=658388151

Take care,

C.

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nov-24-2015 (batch email, verify sponsor's residence)
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: Dec-15-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
I landed today at the Calgary CIC office in the Harry Hayes building. Interview itself took about 10 minutes, sponsor had to also be there. My copy of the COPR (IMM 5688) was validated and I used that to get my new, permanent SIN. So happy to officially be a permanent resident now!

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi Rhinogirl! Congratulations :)

That is great news. I am curious how you got the interview/appointment at the Harry Hayes building? We also live in Calgary and are awaiting a US Outland application to go through. Was there a place to call/email for the appointment? Did you have to book way in advance?

Thanks in advance.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
rhinogirl88 said:
I landed today at the Calgary CIC office in the Harry Hayes building. Interview itself took about 10 minutes, sponsor had to also be there. My copy of the COPR (IMM 5688) was validated and I used that to get my new, permanent SIN. So happy to officially be a permanent resident now!
Congratulations! I'm hoping someday to arrive in Calgary with my husband :) as my house is there. That having been said, I told him I'll live wherever he can find work. Calgary is a great place to live...enjoy!!

C.

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nov-24-2015 (batch email, verify sponsor's residence)
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: Dec-15-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
tom_from_sk said:
Hi Rhinogirl! Congratulations :)

That is great news. I am curious how you got the interview/appointment at the Harry Hayes building? We also live in Calgary and are awaiting a US Outland application to go through. Was there a place to call/email for the appointment? Did you have to book way in advance?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Tom, when my COPR arrived in the mail it had instructions that said if I was currently in Canada I could call a number and request an appointment to land. I called and the next day the local CIC office emailed me my appointment time which was for 2 weeks later. It all happened really fast, even my lawyer was impressed. You also always have the option to land at any border crossing.

Tomasu

Aug 14, 2014
I filed for my wife in June 2015, they got the package on June 22nd, got AOR on July 24th, wife's application was marked in process on Aug 25. They did request an additional document that I managed to miss (Philippines Advisory on Marriages), and we sent it off within days of their request. The application has just sat since then. No passport request like many other's have been seeing.

Should we be worried?

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Tomasu said:
I filed for my wife in June 2015, they got the package on June 22nd, got AOR on July 24th, wife's application was marked in process on Aug 25. They did request an additional document that I managed to miss (Philippines Advisory on Marriages), and we sent it off within days of their request. The application has just sat since then. No passport request like many other's have been seeing.

Should we be worried?
My application was received June 25th and I didn't receive a passport request either, although I received an Appendix A request (they just didn't ask for my passport). Did you request for your GCMS notes? I asked for one in November and it looked positive (it said recommend passed on my application, no red flags on the notes, etc just waiting on the security check.) so I'm not too worried there's something wrong with our application. It's just a waiting game now I guess :(

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
xabibella said:
My application was received June 25th and I didn't receive a passport request either, although I received an Appendix A request (they just didn't ask for my passport). Did you request for your GCMS notes? I asked for one in November and it looked positive (it said recommend passed on my application, no red flags on the notes, etc just waiting on the security check.) so I'm not too worried there's something wrong with our application. It's just a waiting game now I guess :(
I'm also waiting for my security check, when did they start your security check according to your notes? Mine were started on 13 November and I'm still waiting. So frustrating

Tomasu

Aug 14, 2014
xabibella said:
I just requested my notes. How long did it take to get yours? I hope it doesn't take the 30-60 days people are saying it's going to :(

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
There are more Calgarians (or wannabe Calgarians) then I expected in here. That's our final destination as well!

No landing date yet for us. DH is supposed to be negotiating the easing out of his job with is employer (they know we're going, we're just trying to make things a smooth transition) but the boss has been out sick for two weeks so he hasn't even been told yet. :p

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi all. After spending some time on the forums this morning and checking ECAS I decided to check my email one last time and saw an email from ADVO. It said they were ready to issue the travel documents and wanted my husband's original passport plus two photos! I couldn't believe it. Despite the changes to the posted processing times I think the offices are trying to move as quickly as they can.

I'm so happy!!

Chilkootcee