Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nov-24-2015 (batch email, verify sponsor's residence)
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: Dec-15-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
cillyx5 said:
RhinoGirl, that's so fast! Congrats.

Queation, were you in Canada as a visitor from the US? I'm curious if anyone who is in Canada as a visitor while waiting for their COPR can validate it from a local CIC office?
No, I'm in the country on a work permit. However, the instructions for my landing appointment list Visitor Records among the necessary documents to bring that are "Temporary Resident documents issued by CIC," the other documents being Work or Student Permits.

nyctomtl

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 August 2015
Doc's Request.
11 January 2016 CSQ
AOR Received.
16 September 2015
File Transfer...
07 October 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06 August 2015
Passport Req..
Decision Made 5 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 8 Feb 2016
LANDED..........
20 Feb 2016
rhinogirl88 said:
No, I'm in the country on a work permit. However, the instructions for my landing appointment list Visitor Records among the necessary documents to bring that are "Temporary Resident documents issued by CIC," the other documents being Work or Student Permits.
Hi Rhinogirl congratulations on things moving along. I'm a couple months behind you but in the same situation since I am in Canada on a temporary work permit... I just assumed when I get my COPR that I'd drive across the border to the US and then come right back and land. But it sounds like temporary residents can't do that from what you are describing - you were given a specific landing appointment. Also, other than my temporary work permit, I can't think what other documents I have that are "Visitor Records." Can you elaborate? Thanks and congrats again.

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
nyctomtl said:
Hi Rhinogirl congratulations on things moving along. I'm a couple months behind you but in the same situation since I am in Canada on a temporary work permit... I just assumed when I get my COPR that I'd drive across the border to the US and then come right back and land. But it sounds like temporary residents can't do that from what you are describing - you were given a specific landing appointment. Also, other than my temporary work permit, I can't think what other documents I have that are "Visitor Records." Can you elaborate? Thanks and congrats again.
Hi Nyctomtl, sorry, I should've been more clear. My COPR came with instructions that stated that if I was already in Canada, I could call CIC and request an appointment OR go to a port of entry to land.
You are not required to land at a local CIC office, you can do so at a POE (e.g. airport, border crossing). I chose to make an appointment because it's more convenient for us.

Here are the list of things the landing appointment letter said to bring for my landing appointment:
Please bring the following documents:
-this call-in notice
-a valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other documents establishing your identity;
-your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document that was mailed to you;
-Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

When you land, you turn in whatever visa documents you have because once you become a PR, you don't need them anymore!

nyctomtl

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 August 2015
Doc's Request.
11 January 2016 CSQ
AOR Received.
16 September 2015
File Transfer...
07 October 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06 August 2015
Passport Req..
Decision Made 5 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 8 Feb 2016
LANDED..........
20 Feb 2016
rhinogirl88 said:
Hi Nyctomtl, sorry, I should've been more clear. My COPR came with instructions that stated that if I was already in Canada, I could call CIC and request an appointment OR go to a port of entry to land.
You are not required to land at a local CIC office, you can do so at a POE (e.g. airport, border crossing). I chose to make an appointment because it's more convenient for us.

Here are the list of things the landing appointment letter said to bring for my landing appointment:
Please bring the following documents:
-this call-in notice
-a valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other documents establishing your identity;
-your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document that was mailed to you;
-Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

When you land, you turn in whatever visa documents you have because once you become a PR, you don't need them anymore!
Perfect. Thought that might be the case. Seems like you were just over 6 months from filed app to DM. Hoping that's the case for me too! Thanks for your help.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
Hey all.
Forgot to update you... We received our COPR in the mail yesterday!!!!!
I'll update my timeline tomorrow when I get in front of a computer.

For those that are curious, it took 2 weeks from the time they received our updated photos until we received the COPR (and that's over Christmas).

Best of luck, everyone.

We are headed to a land boarded crossing this weekend... Will let you guys know how activating it goes.

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
We got our COPR in the mail two days ago!

I'm not sure when we're moving. We have until June and are still nailing down plans.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
LN13 said:
We got our COPR in the mail two days ago!

I'm not sure when we're moving. We have until June and are still nailing down plans.
Congrats LN13

shward6

Apr 1, 2014
Hi everyone! Happy New Year! (or soon to be Happy New Year depending on where you are in the world!)

I was wondering if anyone with a similar experience could shed some light on my situation. My husband is South Korean, we filed out paperwork outland (to the processing centre in Manila). I was approved as a sponsor on September 10th, 2015. (via email) On September 17th, 2015 we received a request from the Manila visa office for additional documents - Appendix A and Korea Certificate of Entry and Exit record (also via email) - which were mailed to them within a week. My husband did his medicals upfront which were requested in my sponsorship approval letter. I sent the Manila office an email attachment with the e-medicals information sheet and they confirmed through email that they were in fact aware that his medical was complete. There have been no updates to our ECAS since September 2nd, 2015 - both of our files still indicate "In process" I have read that ECAS is notoriously slow in updates however I am starting to get a little concerned that the system does not even reflect that I was approved as a sponsor. We have also received no information by mail. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
cillyx5 said:
Hey all.
Forgot to update you... We received our COPR in the mail yesterday!!!!!
I'll update my timeline tomorrow when I get in front of a computer.

For those that are curious, it took 2 weeks from the time they received our updated photos until we received the COPR (and that's over Christmas).

Best of luck, everyone.

We are headed to a land boarded crossing this weekend... Will let you guys know how activating it goes.
Congrats to cillyx5 and LN13!

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
Congrats cillyx5

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
shward6 said:
Hi everyone! Happy New Year! (or soon to be Happy New Year depending on where you are in the world!)

I was wondering if anyone with a similar experience could shed some light on my situation. My husband is South Korean, we filed out paperwork outland (to the processing centre in Manila). I was approved as a sponsor on September 10th, 2015. (via email) On September 17th, 2015 we received a request from the Manila visa office for additional documents - Appendix A and Korea Certificate of Entry and Exit record (also via email) - which were mailed to them within a week. My husband did his medicals upfront which were requested in my sponsorship approval letter. I sent the Manila office an email attachment with the e-medicals information sheet and they confirmed through email that they were in fact aware that his medical was complete. There have been no updates to our ECAS since September 2nd, 2015 - both of our files still indicate "In process" I have read that ECAS is notoriously slow in updates however I am starting to get a little concerned that the system does not even reflect that I was approved as a sponsor. We have also received no information by mail. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Hi shward, I wouldn't worry too much about what eCAS says. When my husband got approved as a sponsor we got a letter in the mail but eCAS never updated it. The status of my PR application is Decision Made but sponsor application still says In Process.

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
My ecas is the same as Rhinogirl88. Decision made for his application but still says that i'm in process for sponsorship. i wouldn't sweat it.

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 11-08-2015 / AOR2 17-09-2015
File Transfer...
SA approval/transfer 9-09-2015 processing 17-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront-MR recieved Oct 14,2015
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE March 18 2016
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
LN13 said:
My ecas is the same as Rhinogirl88. Decision made for his application but still says that i'm in process for sponsorship. i wouldn't sweat it.
Seems it makes sense all sponsors stay IP until spouse lands with PR?
Even though approved final closure must happen with landing interview in case there is a change in circumstance? That's my guess.

Souricette

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2015
LANDED..........
26-12-2015
Hi everyone,
Long time since I came here. But I wanted to let you know by husband landed has pr on 26th of december. He received his pasport with visa on 23th of december.
Good luck tou all of you still waiting!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Souricette said:
Hi everyone,
Long time since I came here. But I wanted to let you know by husband landed has pr on 26th of december. He received his pasport with visa on 23th of december.
Good luck tou all of you still waiting!
Fantastic news! Happy new year :)

C.