May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
misseliza said:
Hey Dee...I'm not holding up so well. The fact that it took 3 months for our paper to get to the VO abroad is really playing with my mind. I'm horrified to think that it could still take another 5-10 months. That seems to be the "Average" turnaround timeframe based on other people's real experiences. My hubby is my rock and it helps that we are going through it together but man I tell you, it's just hard to cope sometimes.

Hope you are holding up better than I am...and hope I feel better next week!!
Today i feel like scream crying - its like how do you get answers?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Hey everyone... Since I've seen some impatience here, I just wanted to say that most people in this thread (including me) are not going to hear anything until at least February. Because that's how long the process takes. Some people (not all) in the January 2014 thread are only starting to see updates in their Ecas now. It's better to think that you won't hear anything until February, it will make the process much easier to deal with and if there's a nice surprise, well then that's always a good thing. But get it in your heads that it's a very slow process, and try to prepare for waiting for what it seems forever. That's just my advice.

Some people who applied inland back in July 2013 haven't heard ANYTHING about their file. And CIC stopped processing inland applications in like... February of this year. Can you imagine? Most of them can't work at all and are trapped in Canada. I was actually one of them and now I feel like our outland process is moving SO fast. It will come whether it's in a month or 8, but it will come so you might as well be patient.

:)

canada12345 said:
Hello All,

If my sponsor approval is delayed by Background checks? What is approximate timeline for background checks ?
I don't know if that's why the sponsorship approval has been delayed, nobody knows if it's even because of background checks. The sponsor (not the applicant) should call CIC about THEIR file. If they don't tell you anything new, contact your MP.

ozzy y

Sep 12, 2014
hi guys,

just wanted some clarification. I am a UK citizen and i recently married a canadian citizen in Canada. I then sponsored her to come and live with me in the Uk to which she received a 3 years visa. We have been married for nearly 2 year and have been living together in the UK for about 1.5 years. We now want to move to Canada and live there. Can someone advise please of where to start. The only thing that worries me is that she hasnt been working for the last 1.5 years and obviously she has been with me here. So how can she sponsor me if she hasnt been working.

thnks

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
ozzy y said:
hi guys,

just wanted some clarification. I am a UK citizen and i recently married a canadian citizen in Canada. I then sponsored her to come and live with me in the Uk to which she received a 3 years visa. We have been married for nearly 2 year and have been living together in the UK for about 1.5 years. We now want to move to Canada and live there. Can someone advise please of where to start. The only thing that worries me is that she hasnt been working for the last 1.5 years and obviously she has been with me here. So how can she sponsor me if she hasnt been working.

thnks
There are no financial requirements to sponsor a spouse. The only condition is that she hasn't been on welfare.

You can start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

This is the application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Read the guide, and if you have any specific questions, that's what this forum is for.

Good luck!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
ozzy y said:
hi guys,

thnks
Your wife does not need to be working to sponsor you. There are 2 ways your wife can sponsor you.
1. Inland
2. Outland

Outland is generally faster and you can reside in Canada or out of Canada. So you could either go there as a visitor and wait it out, or wait until you receive permanent residency and then move.

Note that if you apply while you live in the UK your wife must include documentation showing her intention to move back to Canada should the application be successful. Proof like a lease agreement, job offer/job searches etc.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp for more info

Jun 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hey everyone!

We received our AOR by email on Sep 2. We just called CIC yesterday (Sep 12) because we still haven't received anything in the mail. They confirmed that I was approved for sponsorship and that our file is being processed in the Mississauga, ON office rather than London, UK (which was what we originally requested). I guess the London office is a little backed up at the moment? We're still waiting for the letter with the sponsorship approval .. but are less stressed because they were able to confirm approval over the phone.

From what my partner gathers, my background checks may have taken a little longer because I lived abroad for several years.

I've updated the spreadsheet. Feels great to finally have SA! Yeeee

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
nonothavingfun said:
Hey everyone!

We received our AOR by email on Sep 2. We just called CIC yesterday (Sep 12) because we still haven't received anything in the mail. They confirmed that I was approved for sponsorship and that our file is being processed in the Mississauga, ON office rather than London, UK (which was what we originally requested). I guess the London office is a little backed up at the moment? We're still waiting for the letter with the sponsorship approval .. but are less stressed because they were able to confirm approval over the phone.

From what my partner gathers, my background checks may have taken a little longer because I lived abroad for several years.

They say if you provide an email address they will use that for communication and not send anything by mail.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
nonothavingfun said:
Hey everyone!

Did you receive an email.If you provided an email address they will communicate your sponsorship via email. Mississauga is going faster than London.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
hey guys,,, another week has come and gone! lets start another week and get through this one! maybe we will get some communication going with our VO's? FINGERS CROSSED!! Happy Monday all!! :p

ultraismo

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LIMA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
File Transfer...
25-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014 (upfront)
Passport Req..
26-01-15
finaaaaally missing documents I sent have been paired up with the original application I sent in June ! Application is now complete and waiting in queue..

wishing quick responses to everyone!

ckizaks

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-2014
AOR Received.
31-07-2014
File Transfer...
SA 05-08-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
08-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting DM 01-06-2015
LANDED..........
Waiting
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
hey guys,,, another week has come and gone! lets start another week and get through this one! maybe we will get some communication going with our VO's? FINGERS CROSSED!! Happy Monday all!! :p
I hope so, Ottawa office was moving along so nicely....until recently...now just waiting.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Hello,
Just an update..

AOR 2 (from VO) received for my brother's wife's application, VO has requested for a re-medical (original medical expiring soon)
updated the Spreadsheet , we are now colored yellow :)

Cheers y'all!

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
Yesss.. just opened up my emails and found out that I recieved AOR2 from my visa office. . So happy.. :D :D

ultraismo

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LIMA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
File Transfer...
25-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014 (upfront)
Passport Req..
26-01-15
Just when I thought things were going well.. the VO is saying that application is incomplete again! :(
They are requesting option C print-out and imm5481 (which I sent in!). I thought that income was not a factor for spousal?
Has anyone had the same experience?

Feel like exploding !! :'(