+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
So when the website says 13 months from complete application, it means from AOR when they sent us complete application message.
Plus 2 months before AOR which makes it 15 months.

I hope they don't mean another extra 2 months over this period, or I will lose my job

kimchill

Star Member
May 12, 2015
You can apply for a work permit extension before your work permit expired. you can then keep working until a decision is made on your application.

Nick666 said:
So when the website says 13 months from complete application, it means from AOR when they sent us complete application message.
Plus 2 months before AOR which makes it 15 months.

I hope they don't mean another extra 2 months over this period, or I will lose my job

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
kimchill said:
You can apply for a work permit extension before your work permit expired. you can then keep working until a decision is made on your application.
Work permit is not the problem, I still have enough time for expiry, other than extension solution...
My situation is very unique... this delay effected my whole life...sigh

rewolf

Aug 20, 2014
my bowp will expire next January.
My AOR is Aug 20, and applied for bowp in Oct.
I have done MR and RPRF in May, and now I am waiting for PPR.
I am not optimistic I can get PPR in one month or two. :(

So my question is can I apply for another bowp again?

Cayote

Jul 17, 2015
Hey all,
I am also a June applicant and haven't heard a word from CIC during the past 13 months and a week.
I have a couple questions: 1. how long is the medical request valid for? in other word, after I get my medical request (if I get it) how much time I have to do it?
Thanks

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Cayote said:
Hey all,
I am also a June applicant and haven't heard a word from CIC during the past 13 months and a week.
I have a couple questions: 1. how long is the medical request valid for? in other word, after I get my medical request (if I get it) how much time I have to do it?
Thanks
On the medical exam instructions it says 30 days and "failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application". But I don't think it's something very strict.

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Cayote said:
Hey all,
Thanks
Medical result is valid for 12 months, and you have 1 month after the request to undergo the medical examination.

iCanadaVisa

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
bbsos said:
On the medical exam instructions it says 30 days and "failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application". But I don't think it's something very strict.
My friend informed the reason for not doing medicals within 30 days to CIC and he did medicals later. Guess what...he got his PR.

Cayote

Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for the replies.
I am planning to go on a long trip and am afraid if I get my medical exam request in the mean time. how much time I have to send my passport. Imagine I get my MR and do it in a short time before I go. If I get my PPR while I am away, how much time they give me to send my passport?
Thanks

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Cayote said:
Thanks for the replies.
I am planning to go on a long trip and am afraid if I get my medical exam request in the mean time. how much time I have to send my passport. Imagine I get my MR and do it in a short time before I go. If I get my PPR while I am away, how much time they give me to send my passport?
Thanks
I guess you'd better ask this in the July forum. Ironically they are more experienced than us, few June people have gotten to that step yet...

minusham

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/06/2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2015 (Upfront).Ecas status updated to medical received June 30 2015
Passport Req..
14th July 2015, Decision made ecas update on 16th July
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015
Cayote said:
Thanks for the replies.
Thanks

In my passport request it shows you have 30 days to submit your passport

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
Applied for another GCMS notes. I hope there is no limit to it or cause any problem to my PR application.

saja_roy

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP certificate
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Request
16-07-2015 RPRF Req 20-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015 ecas updated medical received on 22-04-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
Hello All,

I have got my Medical request last night around 11PM EST. My details are given below.
1. Application sent - 8th june 2014
2. Application received at CIC - 13th june 2014
3. AOR - 28th July 2014
4. BOWP received(offcourse i applied for it) - 29th August 2014
5. RCMP request though i ad submitted with my application - 29th Jan 2015 then waiting waitng
6. GCMS states second review due to roles and responsibility was not mentioned in the LOE.
7. due date under the ministerial section of GCMS was 27th july 2015
8. I got my passport renewed and updated CIC with the copy of my new passport.
9.Applied for second BOWP in june 2015.
I have not send any document to CIC for my roles and responsibility which was not mentioned in the LOE and due to which it was sent for second review.
10. I got my Medical request on 16th july 2015.

I will do my medicals and wait again. for RPRF

Thanks all the forum member for their updates which helped me to wait for this long without loosing hope.
Best of luck to all of you waiting for MR,RPRF,PPR,COPR etc....