+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi guys,

I don't want to be too optimistic, but just got an email from Ottawa which starts like this:

"Dear Applicant,

Please confirm a valid postal address in Canada or the United States of America. Be advised that we do not mail passports or other valued information overseas.

Please be aware, that once you provide your new address, your document will be sent via Canada Post’s regular mail service which does not allow for tracking."

We're currently not in Canada and are from a visa-exempt country. Does this mean our COPR might be ready? Struggling to get through to the Call Centre. Online status still says in progress.

SVB

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2014
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
june23_app said:
Hi guys,

I don't want to be too optimistic, but just got an email from Ottawa which starts like this:

"Dear Applicant,

Please confirm a valid postal address in Canada or the United States of America. Be advised that we do not mail passports or other valued information overseas.

Please be aware, that once you provide your new address, your document will be sent via Canada Post’s regular mail service which does not allow for tracking."

We're currently not in Canada and are from a visa-exempt country. Does this mean our COPR might be ready? Struggling to get through to the Call Centre. Online status still says in progress.
Seems like your COPR might be ready. Anyhow, it's a good sign for you receiving a communication from CIC.
Congrats!
I am also June 23 applicant. Will I get my PPR today, then??? :-X

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
june23_app said:
Hi guys,

"Dear Applicant,

If you are not in Canada or the US you have to send a request to change VOs for the COPR. Alternatively, you could provide the address of a family member or friend who then sends it over to you.

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
SVB said:
Seems like your COPR might be ready. Anyhow, it's a good sign for you receiving a communication from CIC.
Congrats!
I am also June 23 applicant. Will I get my PPR today, then??? :-X
Fingers crossed, SVB!

Managed to get through to the call centre, COPR hasn't be issued yet and the application is still in process. Apparently there are no notes that tell them why the email was sent. Let's hope someone replies to us soon.

SVB

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
12-08-2014
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Check the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=873&t=6

Click NO for the question "Was this answer useful?" and give your feed back.

Will let them know our pain in all the possible ways. We are not going to loose anything by protesting in these ways.
Following are the easy ways you can let them know your situation:
1. CIC has account in Face book and updating their activities on daily basis. I have seen the Admin has responded to some silly questions in the comments. Post your comments related to Pre jan 2015 CEC Applications. I have not seen a single post so far in favor of Pre jan 2015 CEC Applications. I have posted few but no response so far. We need posts from more people.
2. Send Email to Minister John McCallum
3. Send email to your Local MP
4. Send message in twitter to Minister and Local MP.
5. https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-cic-canada-should-finish-processing-pre-jan-2015-applications-before-express-entry-apps

mnb01

Nov 19, 2015
Although I have been following this forum for quite some time, this is my first post. I talked to a call center agent. He said an officer reviewed my file last week and put a note that a document is requested. I asked what document was requested but the call center guy said he can not see what is in the note! I have not heard anything yet. How long would it take them to send me their request? Here are my timeline:

Appl. Received: 26 June 2014
AOR: 13 August 2014
Medical Request: 16 February 2015
Medical submitted: 27 February 2015
W
A
I
T
Nothing Yet.

Shettyz

Jan 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
Hi Guys,

I see my ECAS status updated as " Decision made" from Inprocess. I had paid upfront RPRF in Sep.
I didnt receive any mail (Which I am hoping in next week)
But I still see 6 lines as follows

We received your application for permanent residence on June 23, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2014.
We started processing your application on August 11, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on February 14, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you medical instructions on February 15, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.

Hope everything should be fine.

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
So after the email yesterday asking for our address, and a call to the call centre where they said our file was still in process, we woke up this morning to the online status being changed to decision made.

Our timeline: app received 23 June 2014, AOR 8 August 2014, med req 13 February 2015, fee paid upfront in May.

Hopefully the COPR will be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

BCbarbie

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
june23_app said:
So after the email yesterday asking for our address, and a call to the call centre where they said our file was still in process, we woke up this morning to the online status being changed to decision made.

Our timeline: app received 23 June 2014, AOR 8 August 2014, med req 13 February 2015, fee paid upfront in May.

Hopefully the COPR will be arriving in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for the information, and congratulations!

Is your visa office Ottawa?

My understanding is that all CEC applications are processed in Ottawa, is that correct?

Thanks!

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
BCbarbie said:
Thanks for the information, and congratulations!

Is your visa office Ottawa?

My understanding is that all CEC applications are processed in Ottawa, is that correct?

Thanks!
Thanks! Yes, all CEC applications are being processed in Ottawa. Good luck! It seems like they have started processing our applications.

Shettyz

Jan 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
june23_app said:
Thanks! Yes, all CEC applications are being processed in Ottawa. Good luck! It seems like they have started processing our applications.
Yes seems they have started prioritizing pending applications as informed in a CIC news of Mid August.Hope everybody will receive the same messages.
And wish the mail get triggered at the earliest for PPR!!!

vati

Feb 18, 2015
Hello .

I am 23-June applicant, MR:14-Feb-2015

I see my ECAS status updated as " Decision made" from Inprocess. I had paid upfront RPRF in May.

How many weeks it will take to receive PPR after decision made?

Also is there any possibility to extend my wife PR Visa expiry tilll June-2016 as we are expecting baby in March-16 and she can't travel now.

I appreciate if anyone can advise ..

marple

Sep 4, 2014
Hi,

Once the doctor office send the Medical Results, do you guys know how long it takes to show ECAS updated to Medical Received?

Thanks!