+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Kothem said:
CIC may update the website at anytime with 15 months procesing time. I would advise everyone to send an email as soon as you complete 13 months period. Otherwise you will loose this opportunity.

BTW, anyone planning to contact MP. My 13 months time is going to complete next week. I stay in Toronto downtow. May be I can join with you guys if planing to contact MP.
I am living in GTA area too.....but we have to contact our local area MP....I think its differ area to area....

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Kothem said:
CIC may update the website at anytime with 15 months procesing time. I would advise everyone to send an email as soon as you complete 13 months period. Otherwise you will loose this opportunity.

BTW, anyone planning to contact MP. My 13 months time is going to complete next week. I stay in Toronto downtow. May be I can join with you guys if planing to contact MP.
Kothem, I think you can phone your MP office and make an appointment now. Then you can see your MP on July 13.

Guys, please join Kothem if you are in Toronto downtown.

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
Kothem said:

Post your appointment date/time - Toronto Downtown.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Guys, that is really worth going to MP.
I have question for all June applicants.

Is anyone there whose work permit is expiring soon like in July, August or September, 2015 ?
So, are you not planning to apply for one ?

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
hssam said:

Is anyone there whose work permit is expiring soon like in July, August or September, 2015 ?

Yes, did applied on July 02.

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
hssam said:

Is there any choice...we have to ???

akpr83

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-March-2016
LANDED..........
20-March-2016
Called CIC..same crap response. 13 months is average processing time and you have to wait. How long - no answer!!!

How july/aug people getting - Can't discuss.

It was sounding that they know the issue but don't even want to look at it. For sure I know that they have the authority to escalate the cases but non seems interested.

GOD know who the hell messed up our applications :-\

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
hssam said:
HI,

When is your current WP expiring and when was your CEC application received ?
Application received -Jun mid 2014, current BWOP expring on sep end 2014. I applied for Extension of BWOP on July 2nd 2015.

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
may4ank said:
Application received -Jun mid 2014, current BWOP expring on sep end 2014. I applied for Extension of BWOP on July 2nd 2015.
Time taken to get BWOP approval is more than 3 months. If they reject my extension of BWOP for xyz reason(god knows.. they can do anything)... so result will come for BWOP after my current work permit exprires. Can I reapply again, if they reject or I have to leave the country.. no other option.

I hope you understand.. what I am trying to convey :(

Dimadima

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-06-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
18-07-2014
Med's Request
08-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2015
LANDED..........
1-09-2015
Hi guys!
13th month has gone.
13 months without any letters, requests and etc.
I am under second review.........
I wait 3th GCMS. I hope it will arrive in 2 weeks .....
:-X

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Hey guys, i happen to find this article: http://www.immigrationwatchcanada.org/take-action/what-you-can-do/

While the tone of the article seems to be kind of anti immigration (which we don't necessarily agree), it provides information on how to reach a lot of government officials, including Stephen Harper and Chris Alexander's contact info. Let's give CIC a bit more play time or take some action whenever we have to.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Adding to my previous post, pressure has to be given from top to bottom, not the other way around. Maybe at some point we can write to Chris Alexander (individually or collectively) and threaten if our voices are not heard, we'll have to bug Stephen Harper, lol.

latitude45

Apr 15, 2015
may4ank said:
Time taken to get BWOP approval is more than 3 months. If they reject my extension of BWOP for xyz reason(god knows.. they can do anything)... so result will come for BWOP after my current work permit exprires. Can I reapply again, if they reject or I have to leave the country.. no other option.

I hope you understand.. what I am trying to convey :(
Hi, apart from bridging open work permit, you can apply for a visitor permit that will allow you to stay in the country with a valid status.
The key is applying before your current permit expires.. even if your current permit expires before the new permit arrives you still can stay in the country waiting for new permit to complete processing - "implied status".

As a visitor you can't work.

Another option is student permit.
If you want to go back to school. And with student permit you can work part time.

Hope that helps..