Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Ministère will absolutely accept the sponsorship approval message issued by CPCM in whatever format, so don't worry that it's an email, that is the common way for CIC to do things and you should compile the rest of the application for the CSQ once your sponsor gets the email. Don't wait for a snail mail version (I'm almost positive that Mississauga would not waste the time to send it out both ways).

ccbrasil said:
Hello June applicants, I was wondering if any of you are in Quebec?

The reason I ask is because in QC there is an extra step and once they approve me I have to send the letter from CIC with my QC application. Since I provided an email address will they only email me their approval? Or do they also mail the letter?

Do you think QC (MICC) will accept a print out of the email if we dont receive the letter?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks and Happy Friday!

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
Oh one July applicant in Manila office, had an update in ECAS today, Decision Made!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
kourts said:
Wh can't buffalo move that fast!
Cos they are big animals and like to take their time :p

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Have a good weekend everyone... good luck to everyone still waiting for news... Hopefully next week is a lucky one for us all! :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
S

sahibzada_2010

June applicants did anyone got both UCI and CLIENT ID numbers in approval letters. I got both but some got KIT ID not Client ID.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a May applicant but UCI ("unique client identifier") and Client ID are actually the same thing, while the kit id is totally not anything to worry about. I didn't quite get your question, but are you saying you have both "UCI" and "Client ID" listed on your sponsorship approval letter and they are in fact two different numbers?
sahibzada_2010 said:
June applicants did anyone got both UCI and CLIENT ID numbers in approval letters. I got both but some got KIT ID not Client ID.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
sahibzada_2010 said:
I think you mean the Unique Client Identifier number and the File Number which usually reads F0000***** or B0000*****? Apparently, most applicants from June onwards have been getting these numbers...Is this what you are reffering?

S

sahibzada_2010

shamsia said:
I think you mean the Unique Client Identifier number and the File Number which usually reads F0000***** or B0000*****? Apparently, most applicants from June onwards have been getting these numbers...Is this what you are reffering?
Yes Shamsia this is what I meant. Thank you so basically this is my AOR! I emailed my embassy on the October 4th to get the file number so i can send more proof later on but they never reply me back I guess they all are sleeping all day in the high commission. This F is my File number starting with F.

S

sahibzada_2010

ddobro2 said:
I'm a May applicant but UCI ("unique client identifier") and Client ID are actually the same thing, while the kit id is totally not anything to worry about. I didn't quite get your question, but are you saying you have both "UCI" and "Client ID" listed on your sponsorship approval letter and they are in fact two different numbers?
Sorry to make you confused dear. I said why some people got kit ID and some got Client ID. My friend got kit ID and I got Client ID. So I was not sure whats going on... ???

Thank you for your replay

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmn.....ok now I am wondering if you are referring to the AOR from your VO or the sponsorship approval letter from CPCM. In any case, everyone is supposed to get *both* Kit ID and Client ID in their letters from CPCM, as well as now the file number, so I'm surprised to hear you say some people do not get the Client ID for their sponsor.....

CPCM includes the following codes: "CLIENT #" in xxxxxxxx format and for the sponsor, and "KIT ID #" (this is a 12-digit number, but like I said, useless to us). And since June, as shamsia said, CPCM has also been including the application/file number (starts with B or F, followed by 9 digits).

Your VO would include the following info:

"UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: Fxxxxxxxxx or Bxxxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office."

Here, UCI is the Client ID but for the principal applicant, and the Application No. is the same file number that CPCM sent you. See this page for more info: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?app=ecas&lang=en&redir=id_num

sahibzada_2010 said:
Sorry to make you confused dear. I said why some people got kit ID and some got Client ID. My friend got kit ID and I got Client ID. So I was not sure whats going on... ???

Thank you for your replay

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
ddobro2 said:
Hmn.....ok now I am wondering if you are referring to the AOR from your VO or the sponsorship approval letter from CPCM. In any case, everyone is supposed to get *both* Kit ID and Client ID in their letters from CPCM, as well as now the file number, so I'm surprised to hear you say some people do not get the Client ID for their sponsor.....

CPCM includes the following codes: "CLIENT #" in xxxxxxxx format and for the sponsor, and "KIT ID #" (this is a 12-digit number, but like I said, useless to us). And since June, as shamsia said, CPCM has also been including the application/file number (starts with B or F, followed by 9 digits).

Your VO would include the following info:

"UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: Fxxxxxxxxx or Bxxxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office."

Here, UCI is the Client ID but for the principal applicant, and the Application No. is the same file number that CPCM sent you. See this page for more info: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?app=ecas&lang=en&redir=id_num

I think (I could be wrong) that the Kit ID and the client ID (from June onwards) are interchangeable terms. The client/kit ID are to check with the sponsor details and the File No. is to check with the Principal Applicant's details. So, methinks, that CIC wants to do away with the AOR system and just assign File numbers right away at the sponsorship approval stage to streamline the process.

@ddobro: His VO is Islamabad which has stopped sending out AORs since last year. The done thing for Pakistani applicants is to email the VO, a few months after getting the sponsorship approval, requesting for the File number. This move should save them some headache because the VOs are very inconsistent with replying to the emails. :)