Apr 28, 2019
3rd Attempt (IDP)
Overall Band: 7.0
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 6.0
Speaking: 7.0

I don't knw wht to do now.:(:(:(
What were your previous results? A 7 Band wanting a higher band suggests that you need to focus on your English skills, not on the IELTS test pe se. IELTS is not your typical competitive or university or board exam that anyone can crack with so many attempts and practice. It tests your English life skills not your intelligence and capacity of hard work.

Reactions: sahil soni

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
There is a huge difference between your Speaking and Writing. Ideally the difference between S and W should not be of 1 band. You should definitely go for an EOR.
This huge difference makes me feel much angry. Do you know the success rate of this kind of situation? Somewhere I’ve read that if there is a 2-band difference between any skills, your writing paper would be automatically subject to re-evaluation regardless of your eor request. Have you ever heard about something like that?

Chicjennie

Feb 28, 2019
You should give the test again. Speaking re-evaluations hardly get an upgrade.
Not true. 2 of my friends got an upgrade in Speaking...
The first, from 7.5 to 9.
The second, from 6.5 to 7.5.

The second was actually very upset because he had always gotten a 7.5 in Speaking and ensured the EOR was sent to IDP Australia...

Chicjennie

Feb 28, 2019
This huge difference makes me feel much angry. Do you know the success rate of this kind of situation? Somewhere I’ve read that if there is a 2-band difference between any skills, your writing paper would be automatically subject to re-evaluation regardless of your eor request. Have you ever heard about something like that?
Well, I've seen several cases like this and it wasn't upgraded (LRSW - 9,9,8,6.5). Particularly if it is your first attempt or there is no history of a previous good score with the examining body...

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Well, I've seen several cases like this and it wasn't upgraded (LRSW - 9,9,8,6.5). Particularly if it is your first attempt or there is no history of a previous good score with the examining body...
This was my 3rd attempt, I consistently scored well in other skills except writing. But as you noted, I've also seen many cases that the writing score didn't change after all. I do not really know why they are so obsessed with writing part. Not everyone needs to be an excellent writer to be a proficient user of language even though I'm pretty much confident that I'm a very good writer, especially when it comes to essay writing. I strongly believe that this is a huge scam, and I do not have any further intend to allow them making profit over my hard-earned dollars!

Dr Edmund

Jun 3, 2019
Just checked my IELTS result
L 7.5
R 7
W 6.5
S 7.5
I am planning to ask for re-evaluation of my L and W. I will like to know the procedure involved in doing this?