+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July applied SDS - Fall 21 intake - Medical not updated yet

CanJulySDS21

Oct 26, 2021
Hello,
I applied for an SDS study permit from India on July 3rd 2021 with upfront medicals. I completed the biometrics process around end of July and that reflected in my GCKey account within a day. But my medicals results have not yet been updated.
I have contacted the medical center and they checked against my UMI number and assured me that they have sent the medicals result in July itself and there has been no additional request for more exams from IRCC. I have not received any such request for additional medical exams either.
I have raised webform twice as well (once in mid August and once in first week of October) and received a generic response both times saying that we are working on your application. I understand that the website states that they have a medicals backlog to go through but I'm getting nervous as the time passes with zero communication or updates from IRCC.

1) Is there anyone else out there with a similar timeline still waiting for medical update?
2) Is there anything to be done from my end to ensure the medicals is updated faster?
3) I completed my double vaccination after applying for the permit. Would it be a good idea to upload proof of vaccination as an additional optional document to make my application come under the travel exemption requirement?

Any help or information would be much appreciated. Thank You!