+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Any reason why they request for a remedical ?
do you think my BG is in IP2 'We are processing your background check'
Is it red flag for security screening ?
IP1 and IP2 are not reliable.

Some of the VOs send requests for remedical for no reason. It doesn't mean you are going to be enrolled into security screening.

shilpav63

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
Got my PPR today.. My timeline-
FSW outland (India)
ITA- June 8, 2023
AOR- July 15, 2023
Medical Completed- Aug 1, 2023
BIL received- Aug 1,2023
Biometrics Completed- Aug 7, 2023
All stages completed- Sept 28, 2023
Primary VO- RROC
Secondary VO- New Delhi
FD on GCkey and CoPR number on tracker generated- 16/11/2023
PPR- 28/11/23

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Got my PPR today.. My timeline-
FSW outland (India)
ITA- June 8, 2023
AOR- July 15, 2023
Medical Completed- Aug 1, 2023
BIL received- Aug 1,2023
Biometrics Completed- Aug 7, 2023
All stages completed- Sept 28, 2023
Primary VO- RROC
Secondary VO- New Delhi
FD on GCkey and CoPR number on tracker generated- 16/11/2023
PPR- 28/11/23
Congratulations. Best of luck to you for your settlement related work now.

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
@iSaidGoodDay

Hey, just want some suggestions from you regarding money transfer.

I was thinking about moving my money to a Canadian bank account before I land in Canada because it might prove difficult to transfer money from my bank as receiving OTP via SMS might not be possible. I went through a thread where you were discussing about this. It seems it's possible to open a bank account with Scotia Bank online and transfer up to $50k before I land.

My queries are as follows:

1. Is this the right thing to do? Or is it an easy process to transfer money post landing from, say, HDFC to Scotia or some other Canadian bank?

2. If transferring money before I land is the right option then which medium is better to transfer the money? Like Western Union or Flywire or some other option.

3. You were discussing about TCS and tax implications of this stating that there is around 20% TCS now. Does this mean that 20% will be deducted by the Indian Govt. and once we pay taxes on the money transfer at the end of the year it will be reimbursed?

Thanks

Reactions: H7R7R7

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Boooooooys!
PPR!
Just received it today morning. Excited!
Big thanks to @Masked Maverick and @iSaidGoodDay for all the updates! Those updates kept me hopeful. Now onto the next hurdle. Flights and money transfer! What do you guys reckon is the best way to transfer money and which flight are you taking @Masked Maverick?
Lessassgoooooo. Ooooh Canadaaaaa.
Congratulations !

For flights explore direct flights (Delhi Toronto), 1 stop via Europe (Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London etc) which are a bit cheaper. If you plan to land in Vancouver, do have a look at routes through Tokyo (ANA is good option). Best luck for journey ahead !

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
Boooooooys!
PPR!
Big thanks to @Masked Maverick and @iSaidGoodDay for all the updates! Those updates kept me hopeful. Now onto the next hurdle. Flights and money transfer! What do you guys reckon is the best way to transfer money and which flight are you taking @Masked Maverick?
I have booked Etihad with 20.5 hours total time (including 2.45 hours layover at Abu Dhabi).
I have taken a risk by booking my flight before my passport has been processed after submission. Passport is in process since Nov 23.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Boooooooys!
PPR!
Congrats!

Best way to transfer money is by talking to your bank. I transferred a considerable amount and used a service called Money2World from my bank itself. Most large banks have such services. Will be more helpful if you look at options based on your country itself. I am from India, so I used Money2World from HDFC. Also, countries have taxation and other issues too, so make sure you check everything in detail as well. You can also carry upto $10k in cash in total(for entire family). I had to sort out 20% tax-withholding and other things too - so a good idea to sort these things out asap.

For flights - best if you look based on routes. I was flying to Calgary from India, so decided to use KLM as it was the best airline that lands and as I prefer to flying domestic airliners anywhere. If you can tell us which country you'll be flying from, that'd be a great start!

H7R7R7

Apr 5, 2023
I have booked Etihad with 20.5 hours total time (including 2.45 hours layover at Abu Dhabi).
I have taken a risk by booking my flight before my passport has been processed after submission. Passport is in process since Nov 23.
Oooooh, interesting!I had this one friend who got screwed over in Abu Dhabi over some transit visa issues so she and her mum missed her flights and paid 4L extra to book new tickets. What’s the usual wait period from passport submission alto passport collection right now? I’m submitting my passports on Monday. And, How much did they cost you man? All the tickets I was looking at were costing me above one lakh.

H7R7R7

Apr 5, 2023
Congrats!

Best way to transfer money is by talking to your bank. I transferred a considerable amount and used a service called Money2World from my bank itself. Most large banks have such services. Will be more helpful if you look at options based on your country itself. I am from India, so I used Money2World from HDFC. Also, countries have taxation and other issues too, so make sure you check everything in detail as well. You can also carry upto $10k in cash in total(for entire family). I had to sort out 20% tax-withholding and other things too - so a good idea to sort these things out asap.

For flights - best if you look based on routes. I was flying to Calgary from India, so decided to use KLM as it was the best airline that lands and as I prefer to flying domestic airliners anywhere. If you can tell us which country you'll be flying from, that'd be a great start!
I’m from India as well mate, should’ve have mentioned that earlier, sorry. So can I start an account in Scotia Bank /TD bank from here itself? At the moment I’ve got an account in HDFC and ICICI. Wait, is there a tax on converting INR to CAD? Ufffff. Have to figure the conversion rates as well. Which of the two banks do you use scotia or TD?

And for flights I’m thinking of landing in Toronto so I’m looking at Delhi-Toronto direct because I don’t want to have to get transit visas and all.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I’m from India as well mate, should’ve have mentioned that earlier, sorry. So can I start an account in Scotia Bank /TD bank from here itself? At the moment I’ve got an account in HDFC and ICICI. Wait, is there a tax on converting INR to CAD? Ufffff. Have to figure the conversion rates as well. Which of the two banks do you use scotia or TD?

And for flights I’m thinking of landing in Toronto so I’m looking at Delhi-Toronto direct because I don’t want to have to get transit visas and all.
There's a 20% tax withholding if you send out more than 7 lacs in total from India in a fiscal year. You can only get this back once you file your returns and they are accepted (so maybe, May 2024).

Talk to HDFC and ICICI both, get the best rate and open an account in Scotia. I'd to open 4 accounts across different banks as Scotia only allows us to transfer a max of $50k and the account can only be activated once you land. Of all the accounts I opened, Scotia was the easiest for me to work with. I had transferred some to ICICI Canada as well(they've an upper limit of $100k), took me a bank visit and 3-4 awkward customer support calls to get my account activated. When you transfer the amount, you won't be able to wire it if the amount is higher than 10 lacs, you'll be asked to write a check with the banking services you select.

To avoid 20% tax withholding I transferred almost everything to Canada(as much as I could) before June 2023 when the tax withholding was still 5%.

You won't need transit visas if your layover is less than 6 hours through KLM, Lufthansa or British Airways - but your choice if you wish to fly Air India or Air Canada.

Other few checklist items worth getting done:
1. DL extract + updated license(make sure your DL isn't laminated, as those are rejected here)
2. If you've any documents where you might want to get your name changed